Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2010, 09:39

ecsunotos wrote:ThunderTitan>
Actually it's a very realistic idea. If you have an ability to jump as high as 120 cm max. You also have an ability "to choose" whether you jump 80 cm or 60 cm or 120 cm, right ?
Good luck trying to jump exactly the amount you want... you'll always be off by a bit.

But that's like saying you can choose the amount of bullet that comes out of a gun when you fire it... some RL stuff work one way, others another... and magic was always more like a mechanical thing then a body thing.
ecsunotos wrote:This fasility is still a choice too. And have strategic point of view.
For a stack of enemy troops of 25 gremlins, your manna remains 10 points, You can choose :

- Cast spell : 10 manna points do 100 damage kills all gremlins and none of remaining manna
- Cast spell : 9 manna points do 90 damage kills 23 gremlins and 1 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 8 manna points do 80 damage kills 20 gremlins and 2 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 3 manna points do 30 damage kills 8 gremlins and 7 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 2 manna points do 20 damage kills 5 gremlins and 8 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 1 manna points do 10 damage kills 3 gremlins and 9 points remaining manna
- Not to cast spell to them

So, we have more choices. And each choice has it's own consequence: remaining manna and remaining enemy troops.
That's called strategy too :)
Or you could just have more spells that do that same thing, and add more spell variety.

Otherwise why not just have just 1 dmg spell in the entire game and just let everyone decide how much mana to spend on it... same effect really.

And not to mention how the UI for such a thing would be a needless complication.

IMO it would be better off as a mod actually... could be interesting to play with it like that, but too needlessly complicated for the base game.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2010, 06:54

back on topic: LESS DRAGONS AS THE ULTIMATE LVL UNIT, DO YOU HEAR ME UBIHOLE?!
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 02 Sep 2010, 07:02

ThunderTitan wrote:back on topic: LESS DRAGONS AS THE ULTIMATE LVL UNIT, DO YOU HEAR ME UBIHOLE?!
Yes!!! Agree !!!! Go for Less Dragons As The Ultimate LVL Unit !!!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo: :hoo:

:smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:
:proudirule: :proudirule: :proudirule: :proudirule: :proudirule: :proudirule:

:tonguehands: :tonguehands: :tonguehands: :tonguehands: :tonguehands:

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 02 Sep 2010, 08:01

ThunderTitan wrote:back on topic: LESS DRAGONS AS THE ULTIMATE LVL UNIT, DO YOU HEAR ME UBIHOLE?!
I fully agree, either scrap a few of the top-level dragons, or give us a few sub tier 6 ones to show variety.

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheRider » 02 Sep 2010, 09:38

Better spell-casting system and ability system by creatures.

KB did real innovation in that with the skills that reload over turns and you can use them again, with skills that have several charges (as in Heroes too, but the skills were really interesting, like giving 2 fire ball charges to imps and the damage formula is not based on some insane logarithmic function but depends on the size of the stack, like 4.5 damage per imp - no more small stacks abuse in the start of the map and after that no one uses the spellcaster units as such but only as shooters)

It will be good if the spells depend on the size of the stack. I.e. bless casted by 10 priests affects only one stack, but casted by 100 priests affects all units, OR casted by 100 priests affects only one stack but the priests can do an attack after that (they dont lose their turn with the spell)

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 02 Sep 2010, 12:43

I'd like for minotaurs to be a free race again. The direction Nival went with them in Heroes V I didn't really care for.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 03 Sep 2010, 02:01

TheRider wrote: It will be good if the spells depend on the size of the stack. I.e. bless casted by 10 priests affects only one stack, but casted by 100 priests affects all units, OR casted by 100 priests affects only one stack but the priests can do an attack after that (they dont lose their turn with the spell)
Logically accepted. Developer should find the best formula of this, though

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 06 Sep 2010, 08:00

Here's one thing I definitely would love to see back from Heroes 3. Added damage if a creature is considered a mortal enemy. If you don't remember how it worked basically it was like this. If say an Angel attacked a Devil, since they were considered mortal enemies of each other, then they would do 150% damage.

This was the list of mortal enemies in Heroes 3
Angel/Archangel - Devil/Arch Devil
Genie/Master Genie - Efreet/Efreet Sultan
Giant/Titan - Black Dragon

Now granted I'd like to see more matchups than just those three, but it's something I loved in H3 and want to see make a comeback.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Sep 2010, 08:48

Didn't HoMMII also have the Black Dragon and Titan be mortal enemies?!

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 06 Sep 2010, 10:15

ecsunotos wrote:
TheRider wrote: It will be good if the spells depend on the size of the stack. I.e. bless casted by 10 priests affects only one stack, but casted by 100 priests affects all units, OR casted by 100 priests affects only one stack but the priests can do an attack after that (they dont lose their turn with the spell)
Logically accepted. Developer should find the best formula of this, though
Horribly difficult to balance properly. IMHO, there should either be a fixed cap for a stack (like let's say 100).. or no stacks at all. Unpredictable stacks are the reason why getting heroes on the field is incredibly difficult and why unit exp and abilities feel luckluster.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 06 Sep 2010, 10:23

Didn't HoMMII also have the Black Dragon and Titan be mortal enemies?!
Think it was added only in Homm3, and IMO as nod to HOMM2 where they both vied for title of strongest unit.

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 06 Sep 2010, 11:29

Yeah, racial enemies rocked in III. If they bring them back in VI, I'd like to make it either impossible for you to recruit racial enemies in the same Hero's army OR if you did recruit Black Dragons and Titans in the same army, you ran a small %chance of them attacking each other if they are positioned close to each other!

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 06 Sep 2010, 13:54

Blocks100 wrote:Yeah, racial enemies rocked in III. If they bring them back in VI, I'd like to make it either impossible for you to recruit racial enemies in the same Hero's army OR if you did recruit Black Dragons and Titans in the same army, you ran a small %chance of them attacking each other if they are positioned close to each other!
If you have WoG for your H3 installation, you might be interested in my "creature relationships" script. For that one, I have a much extended list of units that hate (or like!) each other across factions. Creatures that have hatred might fight in your ranks (good leadership may prevent it, good luck might reduce the injuries). Creatures that like each-other might upgrade for free.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Sep 2010, 07:11

Soronarr wrote:Horribly difficult to balance properly. IMHO, there should either be a fixed cap for a stack (like let's say 100).. or no stacks at all. Unpredictable stacks are the reason why getting heroes on the field is incredibly difficult and why unit exp and abilities feel luckluster.
You obviously want to play some other game then Heroes, so why don't you just do that instead of trying to turn this game into something it's not. I mean really, taking out the stacks... jeez.

mundane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mundane » 08 Sep 2010, 12:38

My personal wish would be to get rid iof the luck and possibly leadership(or at least its morale aspect) skills. They are such no brain options that they detract from the game. By all means have luck/morale from artefacts and idols/shrines just get rid of the skills

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 08 Sep 2010, 12:43

ThunderTitan wrote:
Soronarr wrote:Horribly difficult to balance properly. IMHO, there should either be a fixed cap for a stack (like let's say 100).. or no stacks at all. Unpredictable stacks are the reason why getting heroes on the field is incredibly difficult and why unit exp and abilities feel luckluster.
You obviously want to play some other game then Heroes, so why don't you just do that instead of trying to turn this game into something it's not. I mean really, taking out the stacks... jeez.
Oh noes! Because having stacks is the most important part of homm!!!! OH...whataworldwhataworld!

I said it - stack are the mortal enemy of having the hero actually on the battlefield. Stacks are a simple idea, but they have their downsides.

Loosing stacks- no big loss if heroes get implemented properly IMHO. Would it still be HOMM without stacks? For some people, no. But since those people are not me, why should I care?

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 08 Sep 2010, 13:21

So... how do you intend for that to work?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 08 Sep 2010, 13:21

When two heroes clash on a map, and an epic battle ensues, with large stacks destroyed - I want a permanent reminder of this on the world map in the form of cross swords symbol. This battle marker should record which Hero won, and by what margin. Overtime, this battle marker could evolve into a shrine where heroes of the same colour could visit for morale/luck bonuses.

Alternatively, when a Hero is defeated in combat and fails to escape, I'd like a tombstone to arise on the world map. This 'hero graveyard' might evolve into a recruitment post for the undead over time.

If mighty magics are unleashed in combat, then there should be a random chance that residues from this arcane conflict seep onto the world map. A small temporary magical field granting spell bonuses / mana refill might appear.

Epic battles between heroes should scorch the earth and scar the World Map! Discuss.

mundane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mundane » 08 Sep 2010, 14:24

The problem is most epic battles are either sieges or the last thing that happens in a scenario. I quite like the idea of haunted battlefields, and mana deserts/resovoirs though.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Sep 2010, 06:55

Soronarr wrote:Would it still be HOMM without stacks? For some people, no. But since those people are not me, why should I care?
Because you can already play Disciples, while the rest of us will be left with nothing?!

And you haven't thought this through, no stacks would mean changing how you recruit units, how unit levels work, how you build your town, how you fight battles etc... the changes would be as big as turning it into a RTS...

Jagged Alliance is as TBS but completely different then Heroes, and Disciples might be closer, but it's still very different, but people seem intent on making every damn game in the same genre be the same... just look at FPS's today (it's doom-clone time all over again):

[img]http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/ar ... /25275.jpg[/img]
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 09 Sep 2010, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”