Is it naga faction ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Is it naga faction ?

Unread postby ecsunotos » 02 Sep 2010, 04:55

From Heroes Community. It's said that these pics were drawn by Oliver Ledroit in 2007.
Is it HoMM VI ?
Is it heroes of naga faction or just naga troops of a faction ( original and upgraded troops ) ?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2010, 06:01

Actually i think they where old concept art left over from H5.

Frankly i hope that if the Naga are in they'll be a bit less dressed in almost exact replicas of japanese clothing...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 02 Sep 2010, 07:42

Aye, all the naga concepts were drawn by Olivier Ledroit and Adrian Smith for Nival for H5 (Remember the Naga Pavillion thingie in TotE ?). Tbh I don't see Ubisoft putting a Naga Geisha in a PEGI 12 game (without saying that it looks absolutely ugly).

The arts by Adrian Smith were much better :
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... oncept.png
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... oncept.png

Even the Nival one was better : http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... oncept.png

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 02 Sep 2010, 07:55

Yup ... Oliver's were "horrible" and freaks :P

Nival's is the best I think

Btw, I remember some one ever said in a post mention about naga faction. Any body knows about this rumor ? Is it true ?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Sep 2010, 08:10

There's nothing official about it but they did say there will be a new faction. It is a probability, then again most people thought we'd see nagas in tote as well. Ubi is notorious for leaving a lot of hints that may or not play a role later.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 02 Sep 2010, 08:38

I don't think naga deserve to become a faction ...
don't know why ;|

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 02 Sep 2010, 10:27

ecsunotos wrote:I don't think naga deserve to become a faction ...
don't know why ;|
If it means a quasi-return of the H3 fortress, many people will be happy.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 02 Sep 2010, 10:39

Japanese-themed naga sound cool!
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Sep 2010, 11:04

Sure, as long as they don't overdo it. With Nival (=overkill) out of the way, there is hope.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 02 Sep 2010, 11:38

Samurai-like nagas? Eww, disgusting.
Ninja troglodytes will be next faction?
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 02 Sep 2010, 11:45

If you asked me, they should rather have an Indian style instead of Chinese/Japanese. Fits better to the jungle terrain and their mythological origin.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Sep 2010, 11:51

Surely you don't expect a naga faction looking like this? :) H6 unit design is coherent from what you may have seen, those would make no sense not to mention they are from 2007 or something. I bet black hole wasn't even in the game back then.
- Metathron

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 02 Sep 2010, 12:14

Meh.....don't like it.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 02 Sep 2010, 12:26

klaymen wrote:Samurai-like nagas? Eww, disgusting.
Ninja troglodytes will be next faction?
Ninja Troglodytes? I sure hope so! Yeah, I don't think I'd want a Naga faction unless it had some really diverse creatures, unlike the Dwarves faction.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Dex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dex » 02 Sep 2010, 12:54

Elvin wrote:Surely you don't expect a naga faction looking like this? :) H6 unit design is coherent from what you may have seen, those would make no sense not to mention they are from 2007 or something. I bet black hole wasn't even in the game back then.
It's not Black Hole that decides about the style. It's Ubisoft, and their main artist that sets the style for all other designs is Oliver Ledroit. You might notice that the new Necropolis designs are far closer to his work that the ones Nival did, so if there is a Naga faction in, I suppose the style will resamble that of his paintings. At least to a certain extent.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Sep 2010, 13:03

Sure but I'm not convinced that this is the case. This is a plain ripoff of a real culture, one that would look real uncomfortable in combat as well. The rest are rather realistic in comparison.
- Metathron

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 02 Sep 2010, 14:38

Japanese style clothing with Chinese style accessories, but seems that only the Japanese side is "visible". Typical... but really I think the artist did try to mix the cultures, but as it turns out (typically) all things oriental is only known as Japanese in the West? Too much Samurai... not enough of everything else lol.

Do you see it now? I thought the Yin/Yang symbol on his belt was pretty obvious...

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 02 Sep 2010, 15:30

Dex wrote:It's not Black Hole that decides about the style. It's Ubisoft, and their main artist that sets the style for all other designs is Oliver Ledroit. You might notice that the new Necropolis designs are far closer to his work that the ones Nival did, so if there is a Naga faction in, I suppose the style will resamble that of his paintings. At least to a certain extent.
1) Olivier Ledroit is not an Ubisoft employee - just like Paul Romero and Rob King are not Ubisoft employees

2) If Olivier Ledroit draws something that Ubisoft doesn't like, they won't use it, nor buy his drawings rights - that's most likely why those nagas didn't make it to H5.

Dex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dex » 02 Sep 2010, 16:48

Nelgirith wrote:
Dex wrote:It's not Black Hole that decides about the style. It's Ubisoft, and their main artist that sets the style for all other designs is Oliver Ledroit. You might notice that the new Necropolis designs are far closer to his work that the ones Nival did, so if there is a Naga faction in, I suppose the style will resamble that of his paintings. At least to a certain extent.
1) Olivier Ledroit is not an Ubisoft employee - just like Paul Romero and Rob King are not Ubisoft employees

2) If Olivier Ledroit draws something that Ubisoft doesn't like, they won't use it, nor buy his drawings rights - that's most likely why those nagas didn't make it to H5.
On one hand you are true. Indeed what Ubisoft doesn't like doesn't get into the game, but on the other hand Ledroit was asked by Erwan Le Breton to create the identity for the game, as he said in an interview:

Strategy Informer: How were you brought to work on the Might & Magic universe?
Oliver Ledroit: Erwan got in touch with me in the first place. He was looking for a drawer who could give Might & Magic a strong visual identity. The universes I picture in my graphic novels are dark, warlike and violent. This was exactly the direction that Erwan wanted the Might & Magic world to take.

And if that's not the case, than it's one hell of a coincidence that Necropolis troops get spider legs and their back, just like we've seen a couple of years before in some images Ledroit drew.

As far as the Nagas are concerned we get concept pieces from three different artists, each of which presents the Nagas as a faction somehow featuring Asian, or even Japanese themes.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 03 Sep 2010, 01:02

There will be 5 factions in HoMM VI. The fifth claimed to be a new faction.
Just imagining the fifth is naga faction. What'll the lines up be ?

;|

Level 1 : Lizarman ... ( due to reptilian ) :P
Level 2 : Serpent Fly ( flyer but still reptilian too ) :P
Level 3 : Sheikh ... ( Indian ) :P
Level 4 : no Idea. ;|
Level 5 : Naga ... ( surely )
Level 6 : Rakshasha ... ( same indian culture w/ naga )
Level 7 : Shiva ( or one of Indian God / Goddess ( ? ))

Just for fun, guys ... :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”