What's The Worst Faction ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 31 Aug 2010, 09:22

meh make the damn bird a firebird. I don't see why black hole feels the need to change everything. Obviously (almost) nobody is happy with this.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 31 Aug 2010, 13:00

ecsunotos wrote:Necros lines up has become quiet obvious. Based on screen shots, it'll be like this, more or less :

1. Skeleton
2. Ghoul
3. Ghost
4. Lich ( don't like, HoMM V's Lich far away has better looks )
5. Vampire ( I Love the new look of vampire and vampire lord )
6 Spider Lady ( dunno the name is )
7. Sphinx
Meh, I miss the Wraith. I want the reaper himself as the champion unit. ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 16:40

tress wrote:
the russians have one called exactly that too, but it only glows, no rebirth as i recall
They have rebirth, each autumn they die to be reborn in spring,
Can seem to find any references to that actually... got any sources that it also resurrected?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 31 Aug 2010, 17:07

Can seem to find any references to that actually... got any sources that it also resurrected?

Russian version of wikipedia page for quick refference. Drop it in google translate for quick reference.
particularly
Каждый год, осенью, Жар-птица умирает, а весной возрождается
I red those fairy tales myself really long time ago and I am not 100% sure but I think there was reference to it.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 01 Sep 2010, 00:56

As for Drider ( spider queen ) in necro lines up... any body has a refference about this creature ? What's her ability ? is she a mythological creature ? ;|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2010, 06:19

tress wrote:

Russian version of wikipedia page for quick refference. Drop it in google translate for quick reference.
particularly
Каждый год, осенью, Жар-птица умирает, а весной возрождается
I red those fairy tales myself really long time ago and I am not 100% sure but I think there was reference to it.
Quick thing about wiki: no references, no proof. The rebirth thing could very well be a recent addition based on the phoenix etc.

This is the only link there that mentions any burning to ashes, and it's some weird story that includes the phoenix and the firebird as human lovers that transform into birds: http://sidorenko.marina.kiev.ua/proza-1 ... /zar-ptica

Ok, here it is: http://paganism.msk.ru/duhi/duhi26.htm but google translate hearts my head: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... duhi26.htm
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Sep 2010, 06:58

So what's the worst faction?

... besides Haven...

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 01 Sep 2010, 09:04

in tote?

haven is actually pretty popular in tote, least popular are inferno and fortress

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2010, 09:25

That's called balance... this is more about their concept. But Fortress does have about the same amount of the same creature in it's line up...

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Sep 2010, 09:48

Haven, Castle, whatever you call them. It's just boring.

I personally can say, that if it wasn't for the Blood Rage and Morale boost, I would vote Stronghold for one of the most boring factions (after Haven, ofc.) in HV. Especially considering it's town and units design. The Wyvern (and it's upgrades) I consider the most useless level 6 unit in the game. Not to speak it has nothing to do with the rest of the race. Which brings me to the biggest downfall of the race - no Resurrection or Regeneration. If you have to fight two BIG battles shortly one after another in which losing half of your army (or even 1/3) is certain, the next battle you have you'll be squashed like a bug.

Don't tell me it's not a pleasure to play with the Thanes. I also really like Berserkers and Bear Riders abilities, even though they die like flies. Lava Dragons are also pleasure to play with, mostly because you can't resurrect them and have to be careful when and where you strike. And then you have all of those fancy runes. :devil:

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 01 Sep 2010, 10:07

Well what's the faction you like the most? Wanna bet I hate it?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Sep 2010, 10:19

Wanna bet how much I care about you hate it? :?

Usually I fall in love with the Necros, but this time there's something wrong with them. Playing with the Demons is also interesting THIS TIME. All in all I can say, if there were no certain racial skills in HV I like playing with all factions, with Haven and Academy folding my lowest interest. Something with the Academy concept I don't like, dunno + sometimes you'll need SO MUCH resources for the artificier that it is impossible to buff your units properly.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 01 Sep 2010, 10:27

ThunderTitan wrote:That's called balance... this is more about their concept. But Fortress does have about the same amount of the same creature in it's line up...
not quite, fortess is the strongest faction yet still underplayed, I guess most their units aren't very attractive

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2010, 10:39

Yay then... good to see people taking a stand against every unit being a dwarf.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 01 Sep 2010, 10:56

Hands down the worst faction for me is Fortress. I find the dwarves rather boring but the thing I dislike the most is how weak they are in the beginning and how freakishly strong they are later in the game when each stack can effectively cast a spell on itself in addition to the hero's casting. When playing against the AI, no faction is quite as strong as Fortress is and I hate fighting them, and dislike playing them.

Second least favourite would be Inferno. Really hate how weak of a start they have compared to the other factions. Who cares about gating when by the time the gated troops arrive your main stacks will have been severely crippled, if not outright destroyed, by far off shooters or casters. Now if gating was instant from the get-go, I could get on board with that.

I have no problem with Haven and don't see it as boring at all. It's well rounded and fun to play. The rest of the factions are good, too. With Dungeon, I'm not especially fond of the dominatrix theme, but I can live with it. Stronghold is fun to play as well, but this would be the one faction I would think twice before choosing it against a human opponent.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 01 Sep 2010, 11:01

parcaleste wrote:Wanna bet how much I care about you hate it? :?
I'd reckon roughly about as much as I care what faction you hate or think are dull. ;)

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 02 Sep 2010, 00:30

Metathron wrote:Hands down the worst faction for me is Fortress. I find the dwarves rather boring but the thing I dislike the most is how weak they are in the beginning and how freakishly strong they are later in the game when each stack can effectively cast a spell on itself in addition to the hero's casting.
Quiet weak at the begining then strong at later stage....is it called balance ?

@Parcaleste :
You hate : Haven, Necros, Academy, Stronghold, Fortress, Inferno

You almost hate the whole factions, man ! :wall:

How can you live with that ???
:|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Sep 2010, 06:19

ecsunotos wrote: @Parcaleste :

Disliking Heroes 5, not that hard to live with actually...

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 02 Sep 2010, 07:17

ThunderTitan wrote:
ecsunotos wrote: @Parcaleste :

Disliking Heroes 5, not that hard to live with actually...
I mean : Okay, no body is perfect... no faction is perfect... but Come On !!!
Is HoMM V that bad ??!!
:S

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 02 Sep 2010, 07:31

I mean : Okay, no body is perfect... no faction is perfect... but Come On !!!
Is HoMM V that bad ??!!
Ofc no, but its not made by NWC so people dont give it credit that homm4 and mm9 recieved, on countrary it is expected to have even harder standarts.
Ofc it is not best game in the world, and perhaps not even close. And as homm part it cant stand even close to 3rd in terms of game-play, it's unnecessarily "heavy" and it perhaps have spawned one of most annoying characters in homm history or even perhaps in history of pc gaming, but both game and its plot is far from that bad as some people try to paint, specially when as example is used previous part.
not quite, fortess is the strongest faction yet still underplayed, I guess most their units aren't very attractive
Imo reason is that it plays weak at start, people dont like that, second is that you cant effectively use autocombat. Those 2 factors make game-play tedious. For example in classic parts of homm faction with elves were popular because you could play all game with tier 3 unit. Thats fast start.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”