Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 27 Aug 2010, 11:44

- Either much more mild hero specialties or omit them altogether. It is nice to hero have personality but in homm 5 they are even more game breaking than in homm3. (EX: deleb) HEro speciality isnt something you should be able to base gameplay around.
-Quicker AI turns. That is one thing that really kicked me of Homm 5. Every time we have more than 3 enemies we can go for coffe while ai does his job. For some reason AI in homm3 worked alot faster.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 27 Aug 2010, 12:10

a good town portal spell would be nice as well, it's so annoying walking half the map back just to set avenger skills or to learn that level 5 spell
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 27 Aug 2010, 12:19

a good town portal spell would be nice as well, it's so annoying walking half the map back just to set avenger skills or to learn that level 5 spell
Actually thats a thing I wish they would limit to maximum amount or remove alltogather. TP like it was in homm3 expert earth is simply game breaking. Not to mention dimension doors.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 27 Aug 2010, 13:25

Mirez wrote:a good town portal spell would be nice as well, it's so annoying walking half the map back just to set avenger skills or to learn that level 5 spell
I just thought of this idea- assuming that the Academy is still a faction, change the library structure's ability from +1 knowledge. Instead have a library be a structure that allows a visiting hero to learn any spell that is is in any town owned by that player/alliance. Maybe even make it a general structure (rather than an academy structure), but you only get the spells that are in mage guilds of towns that also have libraries. When a new spell is researched at one town with a library, it takes a few days for the knowledge to spread to other libraries (maybe similar to caravans, but in the H4 sense, not the H5 sense)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 27 Aug 2010, 13:45

It's seven different creature sets. Three "core" units, three "elite" units, and one "champion" unit. Different tier system, but still seven creatures.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 27 Aug 2010, 19:57

Does anyone else think Black Hole are taking a little too much 'inspiration' from Clash of Heroes on DS? The reduction in resources to three, and the three tier division in unit hierarchy...they're all from CoH!

Now don't get me wrong, I thought it was a GREAT handheld game, but I don't understand why its conventions are being carried over to the PC :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Aug 2010, 06:43

I think that three tiers units is a great idea. Let see, for H3 it was alike Lvl1,2 Lvl3,4 Lvl 5,6 Lvl7 & Extra. So five tiers. If we will get three tiers and extra - it could be exactly what was needed.

There again, with the resources it may be a similar idea - solely depends on map editor implementation. If it will allow to add more "virtual" resources to the game, with full support, then I would not care.

So, what left for now? ..Questions mostly.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Aug 2010, 14:17

Blocks100 wrote:Now don't get me wrong, I thought it was a GREAT handheld game, but I don't understand why its conventions are being carried over to the PC :(
Because it sold well?!

But lowering the difference in power between unit lvls is good, as before 1000 low hp units would lose dmg capability too fast because their stack number would go down easy, while high HP units would even retaliate at full strength, forcing you to attack high number low hp stacks at the start.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

SplinterHoMM
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SplinterHoMM » 29 Aug 2010, 20:29

Mirez wrote:a good town portal spell would be nice as well, it's so annoying walking half the map back just to set avenger skills or to learn that level 5 spell
Yes,and there are many more reasons to have it.It just should allow to chose target town.If it still takes all movepoints (so just one TP per day),i, personally, don't see a problem here.
--------------------------------
About artefacts:
Gamemakers confirmed artefact sets.Nice if they have faction/class related bonuses similar to H5.I still prefer H3 SoD way to assemble new artefact (best without locked slots).

Since UbiHole promised more RPG features, i hope more slots for artefacts.Centuries-old wish is possibility to save artefact presets for travel, combat and end of turn.

Also wish for possibility to use multiple items i the same slot (like rings and gloves on the same hand or robes and armor on chest, or pendant
and necklace on the neck).
Hope Relics are more rare than in H5...
Splinter sayings:
You must strike hard and fade away...

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind, there are few...

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 30 Aug 2010, 06:23

I am just imagining dynamic battle field. Something like changing or moving or even attacking "obstacles".
e.g. moving rocks, rolling logs, or even giant spider emerges from hidden hole in the battlefield attacking any near by troops.
These types of obstacles may cause damage or even kill troops.
It'll make battlefield to be more dynamic and give more challenge than ever before :devil:

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 30 Aug 2010, 09:40

I wish for modability. That way, if there's something I do not like, I can change it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Aug 2010, 15:25

Again, for emphasis, DMG SPELLS THAT SCALE WITH STACK NUMBERS SO THEY WILL STILL BE AS USEFUL AGAINST LATE GAME STACK NUMBERS AS THE BUFF/DEBUFF SPELLS ARE....
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 31 Aug 2010, 00:50

ThunderTitan wrote:Again, for emphasis, DMG SPELLS THAT SCALE WITH STACK NUMBERS SO THEY WILL STILL BE AS USEFUL AGAINST LATE GAME STACK NUMBERS AS THE BUFF/DEBUFF SPELLS ARE....
Controling manna consumption depend on the damage needed...definitely agree
:hoo:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 07:32

ecsunotos wrote: Controling manna consumption depend on the damage needed...definitely agree
:hoo:
That's not going to solve the very-late-game problem, where 1k dmg can barely kill 4-5 dragons and you have stacks of 100+ all over the place and buffs, debuffs and disables are even more potent, and summoning still works for eating retal etc. And having dmg spells have some other effect really doesn't work for all of them, and still makes them weaker then the other types.

You'd never have enough mana to boost the dmg enough.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 31 Aug 2010, 15:01

Can you go the other way with it? Haste costs the same amount of mana whether it affects 1 or 1000 creatures. Can you scale the cost of the (de-)buff spells with the size of the stack affected?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 01 Sep 2010, 04:53

About spell / manna controlling, I've got Idea like these :
1.Hero can control manna consumption depend on damage needed. e.g. :
If a Eldricht Arrow consumes 10 manna points and give 200 damage points, but to destroy a stack of enemy troop need only 100 damage points. Then hero can control his / her manna consumption to become
10 : 2 = 5 manna points to obtain 100 damage points.

With this "facility" the manna spending will be more efficient. At the early stage of game, this is very usefull for manna saving because at that stage, hero usually has only small points of manna.

2. Hero may choose wheter he / she will use mass spell effect or not. e.g. mass haste effect to become haste for single unit.

It'll be usefull in the term of battle strategy.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2010, 06:02

The whole point is for you to have to choose if you're gonna spend that extra mana or not (and stop spelling it like it's bread from the sky already), and that's more interesting strategically.

And it's more interesting if there's a 5 mana spell that does 90 dmg... so you have to decide if you're gonna use the 10 mana spell that does twice the dmg needed and waste 5 mana, or the 5 mana spell and leave some of the stack alive... now there's a real choice.

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 01 Sep 2010, 07:03

ThunderTitan>
Actually it's a very realistic idea. If you have an ability to jump as high as 120 cm max. You also have an ability "to choose" wheter you jump 80 cm or 60 cm or 120 cm, right ?

This fasility is still a choice too. And have strategic point of view.
For a stack of enemy troops of 25 gremlins, your manna remains 10 points, You can choose :

- Cast spell : 10 manna points do 100 damage kills all gremlins and none of remaining manna
- Cast spell : 9 manna points do 90 damage kills 23 gremlins and 1 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 8 manna points do 80 damage kills 20 gremlins and 2 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 3 manna points do 30 damage kills 8 gremlins and 7 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 2 manna points do 20 damage kills 5 gremlins and 8 points remaining manna
- Cast spell : 1 manna points do 10 damage kills 3 gremlins and 9 points remaining manna
- Not to cast spell to them

So, we have more choices. And each choice has it's own consequence: remaining manna and remaining enemy troops.
That's called strategy too :)

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 01 Sep 2010, 07:27

Or you could simply choose whether you want to cast Fist of Wrath, Eldritch Arrow, Lightning Bolt or Ice Bolt ;|

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 01 Sep 2010, 07:42

Nelgirith wrote:Or you could simply choose whether you want to cast Fist of Wrath, Eldritch Arrow, Lightning Bolt or Ice Bolt ;|
By controlling manna consumption, casting spell will consume less manna even if it's the cheapest spell. Because hero can reduce it to 90 %, 80 % or even 10 % ( what ever ) of manna consumption of that cheapest spell.
B-)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”