Paul Anthony Romero doing HoMM 6 music?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Paul Anthony Romero doing HoMM 6 music?

Unread postby Humakt » 31 Aug 2010, 15:06

Got this tidbit of info from Romero himself:

"We are currently negotiating the contract for HMMVI and hopefully the company will accept my terms! If so, there WILL be more opera, choral parts WITH lyrics in Mandarin, since part of the new game takes place in China!

Paul Anthony Romero"

Found last sentence curious; likely the game just borrows elements from chinese culture possibly for one of the factions.

These sound pretty good to me and Romero is definitely the man for the job.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Paul Anthony Romero doing HoMM 6 music?

Unread postby Pitsu » 31 Aug 2010, 15:28

Humakt wrote: ..., since part of the new game takes place in China!
And one of the dragon gods is known as Mao Zedong among its followers? :|

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 31 Aug 2010, 15:37

Man, they can as well announce the Naga faction tomorrow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 16:24

Ashan is invading China now?! I knew it, the chinese must have stock of crystallized dragon blood... we should demand they share it with the world.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 31 Aug 2010, 16:25

Pitsu wrote: And one of the dragon gods is known as Mao Zedong among its followers? :|
And you will fight for creating some kind of fantasy version People's Republic of China against some bad, imperialistic opressors.
For the People!
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 31 Aug 2010, 16:28

why naga faction? what makes you think there's gunna be one?

though they did say jungle terrain...
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 31 Aug 2010, 16:46

Mirez wrote:why naga faction? what makes you think there's gunna be one?

though they did say jungle terrain...
That's why I have my hopes up.

Really, I don't care if it's Nagas or Lizards. I just want a faction that has those lovable (Mighty) Gorgons featured. Jungle is the closest I can get to Tatalia, it seems.
Hell has frozen over...

phinex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby phinex » 31 Aug 2010, 16:51

Pitsu wrote:
Humakt wrote: ..., since part of the new game takes place in China!
And one of the dragon gods is known as Mao Zedong among its followers? :|
H6 will describe that the legend of chinese people liberating all mankind under the guidance of Chairman Mao :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 16:56

Mirez wrote:why naga faction? what makes you think there's gunna be one?
Because they're asian themed it seems.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alma » 31 Aug 2010, 17:04

Source?

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 31 Aug 2010, 17:15

The Nagas were planned for a H5 expansion pack. There is artwork floating around the net that shows that they were meant to have an Oriental theme.

And the developers said that among the 5 factions there is a new one.

Plus they're connected to water according to Ashan lore, so it makes sense that they get the jungle/swamp terrain.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 31 Aug 2010, 17:49

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Aug 2010, 17:55

When he says "it takes place in China", he must surely mean that it will be sold there, perhaps as a separate Chinese version or something?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2010, 05:58

Or maybe they're making the pieces in China, and Black Hole is just assembling them... B-)

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 01 Sep 2010, 10:43

I am glad Paul Romero music will be in Heroes 6. :) At least there will be something that ties the game with the rest of the series. Plus Mr Romero music is just AWESOME. The only thing comparable to HOMM's music is "Baba Yetu" from Civ 4.

I think that Paul means that the game is borrowing some Chinese elements for one of the factions. What happened to the "fairy tale" feeling? Ah yes! I forgot it died with NWC ;|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Sep 2010, 10:55

So, if the Naga are in it means either Black Dragons or Titans are out... Damn, the Warlock drakes have always been in the game, and Titans are my first love (won my first heroes game, h2, with them).

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 01 Sep 2010, 13:19

ThunderTitan wrote:So, if the Naga are in it means either Black Dragons or Titans are out... Damn, the Warlock drakes have always been in the game, and Titans are my first love (won my first heroes game, h2, with them).
Considering that the underground is in the game, I'd say goodbye to the Titans (at least until the expansions)...

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 01 Sep 2010, 15:17

OliverFA wrote:I think that Paul means that the game is borrowing some Chinese elements for one of the factions. What happened to the "fairy tale" feeling? Ah yes! I forgot it died with NWC ;|
Eh? Why does adding oriental elements mean the end of "fairy tale"? In my community we refer to Eastern and Western fairy tales by the common term "sanwa", is it not the same in the West? H3 had some oriental architecture... did that ruin the "fairy tale" feeling for you? :disagree:

I am not sure what Romero meant when he said it will take place in China... is he composing for the Chinese Mandarin-speaking players who will be playing the game in Mandarin? Or was that a hint that the new faction has Chinese cultural themes?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 01 Sep 2010, 21:19

ThunderTitan wrote:So, if the Naga are in it means either Black Dragons or Titans are out... Damn, the Warlock drakes have always been in the game, and Titans are my first love (won my first heroes game, h2, with them).
well... or the elves of course. The previous king of irolan didn't really like outsiders. So with closed borders ubihole at least have an excuse.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 01 Sep 2010, 23:42

Jac wrote:Eh? Why does adding oriental elements mean the end of "fairy tale"? In my community we refer to Eastern and Western fairy tales by the common term "sanwa", is it not the same in the West? H3 had some oriental architecture... did that ruin the "fairy tale" feeling for you? :disagree:
Nothing against the Eastern culture, but it just doesn't fit in HOMM. Of course, that's just my opinion. HOMM had a very clear setting. A Western medieval world with a strong component of celtic fairy tales. That provided the game an overall theme that linked everything together and made it look logical.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”