Time for my "coming out"...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Aug 2010, 08:50

Actually i already had this discussion on another forum... it's just that i for one happen to believe we can be better that some chemical driven animal. Otherwise i see no reason not to just pump myself full of pleasure centre stimulating drugs... same thing really.

But we're not seeing the industry from a different angle, i would just like a return to the days when making a profit was a means to the end of making something you enjoy, and not the point. Bobby Kotick needs to die.

EDIT: But do consider this, in your beer example you're doing work... do you really think games should be comparable to work?!

@konfeta:

If you think HoMM didn't have a period of success like the one you're talking about i think you're deluded... Ubi didn't buy it because it was some obscure series either.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Time for my "coming out"...

Unread postby ecsunotos » 30 Aug 2010, 04:49

Marzhin wrote: - However, it is still possible to occupy an enemy mine with one of your heroes to steal his resources. But the mine automatically reverts back to the owner of the area of control as soon as you leave it.
So...is it useless to control enemy mine, because once we leave it, it'll be back to it's owner automatically ????
;|

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 Aug 2010, 09:57

ecsunotos wrote:So...is it useless to control enemy mine, because once we leave it, it'll be back to it's owner automatically ????
;|
It is useful if you want to annoy the enemy and leech his ressources - you only have to leave your hero on the mine. But if you want permanent control of the mine (without having to leave a hero there), you need to capture the fort.

By the way, I received a few PMs with demands and requests for the devs ("Tell the devs this...", "I want this in the game..." and so on). Just to make things clear, I am not the community manager nor the conduit between individual fans and the devs, it's simply not my role in the team ;)

If you have a request, demand or suggestion, the best place to post it is in the wishlist topic. Every community has one such thread and we have been gathering all the feedback, demands and suggestions that has been done in these threads since the beginning.

Just keep in mind you are not the only ones with demands ;) Every member of every community has a different opinion about every single aspect of the game :D

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 30 Aug 2010, 10:07

not to mention it's incredible impolite
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Aug 2010, 16:32

Marzhin wrote: Every member of every community has a different opinion about every single aspect of the game :D
And they're wrong...

And yeah guys, he was talking about me earlier... B-)
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 31 Aug 2010, 00:40

Marzhin wrote: It is useful if you want to annoy the enemy and leech his ressources - you only have to leave your hero on the mine.
... and we have to had many many heroes to stay at the enemy's mines just to annoy them.
:disagree:

I have no idea about this yet
:tired:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Aug 2010, 06:18

ecsunotos wrote:
Marzhin wrote: It is useful if you want to annoy the enemy and leech his ressources - you only have to leave your hero on the mine.
... and we have to had many many heroes to stay at the enemy's mines just to annoy them.
:disagree:
Well if they eliminate hero chains they have to add something else to do with all those extra heroes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”