Suggestions for MM6 mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 30 Aug 2010, 19:31

I like MM8 very much. It would be nice to be able to customize the characters more, because I always go solo. Or, some of the old NPC's to take their place.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 30 Aug 2010, 19:49

I know that this isn't really related to the topic, but I thought that I'm the only that that wishes a good mod for MM8...

A mod that makes it more challenging, with more dungeons, harder enemies, an third promotion, more NPC's, quest or better said an overall expansion.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 31 Aug 2010, 00:17

Well, first it takes alot of work to recode the game, 2nd, and this is the reason I haven't finished any of the mod's I planned for 6, 7, and 8 is I can't find a graphic artist to make new sprites for me, I've searched on the internet figured there'd be plenty of people looking for side jobs but haven't had any luck. If any of you have a friend or know someone who'd be interested please let me know and I promise MM8 will be the 1st one I finish.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 31 Aug 2010, 17:31

Agalloch wrote: The XEEN engine has quite an interesting way to allow Moddling which might be of interest, and which I intend to keep as similar as possible. While the Primary Archive, ".cc" contains all game imagery, sounds and video, as well as the default save files, the Game Maps are stored in the external save files (XEEN01.SAV etc) . This means that it is possible to distribute entirely new worlds that include the same graphical content but new layouts, as save files.

Thanks,

James
So your speaking of creating a way to run the origonal files of the older Might and Magic series games sorta like Exult does with Ultima 7?

That sounds like a great idea...

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 01 Sep 2010, 15:41

Rune_Caster wrote:
Agalloch wrote: The XEEN engine has quite an interesting way to allow Moddling which might be of interest, and which I intend to keep as similar as possible. While the Primary Archive, ".cc" contains all game imagery, sounds and video, as well as the default save files, the Game Maps are stored in the external save files (XEEN01.SAV etc) . This means that it is possible to distribute entirely new worlds that include the same graphical content but new layouts, as save files.

Thanks,

James
So your speaking of creating a way to run the origonal files of the older Might and Magic series games sorta like Exult does with Ultima 7?

That sounds like a great idea...
That's one of the features, however it won't be released until the Map and Sprite Editors are fully functional.

Return to “Might and Magic”