A dozen of new H5 screenshots:

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

A dozen of new H5 screenshots:

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 11 Apr 2006, 07:47

01 - Queen Isabel leading human armies..

02 - Agrael; his mount is a lizard but he is a leader of infernal faction.

03 - The antagonists meet. No good can result.

04 - New & clear town development screen.

05 - New treant got hit.

06 - The same treant attacking.

07 - Ancient treant ready to recruit.

08 - Inquisitor; a helmet merged with a mitre. Interesting.

09 - Queen's activities: hunting demons.

10 - Queen's activities: reserching the use of a telescope in caves.

11 - Meanwhile a brave knight is guarding this impressive building...

12 - ... and an unidentified heroine appears at the horizon.
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 11 Apr 2006, 07:59

"02 - Agrael; his mount is a lizard but he is a leader of infernal faction."

I guess this speaks for the earlier assumption that Dungeon & Inferno will be allies in the campaign (can´t explain it otherwise since 1.4. has gone, or could it be somekind of "Eastern-special"?) :devil:

"08 - Inkwizytor; a helmet merged with a mitre. Interesting."

...a blue version can be seen in Deluxe Edition -shot. :D

Very nice pics!!! Visuals are just... stunning beautiful! :applause:

I_Dun_Hat3_CT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Singapore, Am i the ONLY SG GUY HERE?? Hey we are at least a dot.

Unread postby I_Dun_Hat3_CT » 11 Apr 2006, 08:16

Wow they have really taken into consideration of the Heroes sex appeal. The Heroine's BREASTplate looks BIG!! B-)
Haven Knights Rulez After clearing my garbage, i still have that garbage smell on me even after i bath several times. Only until a few days later, i know wat is the reason, im living in a garbage dump.

borco
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby borco » 11 Apr 2006, 08:57

That trent is evil I'm telling you.... :|
the rest just as expected.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Apr 2006, 09:03

Ehem! Heres Raelag the dungeon hero
https://www.celestialheavens.com/486

So now he have joined the inferno guys and changed his name to Agrael??
Interesting ;|

Like the screens alot, looks promising, the treants arent that bad in fact they look like ants made of wood :devious: , but can they be so though as the past versions because of that? Still I dont like their red eyes, they could have been bright blue or yellow, green and red belongs to the evil creatures.

I_Dun_Hat3_CT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby I_Dun_Hat3_CT » 11 Apr 2006, 09:05

But in any angle i see, the ancient treant does not look any evil, just quite strange. Really it looks like it is eating leaves [Others believe it is a beard].
Haven Knights Rulez After clearing my garbage, i still have that garbage smell on me even after i bath several times. Only until a few days later, i know wat is the reason, im living in a garbage dump.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Apr 2006, 09:10

How can it eat its own beard of leaves when the treant have no mouth at all? 8| :devious:

I_Dun_Hat3_CT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby I_Dun_Hat3_CT » 11 Apr 2006, 09:23

Ah my mistakes. I actually thought the treant have mouths. Probably they should lower the beard abit. Or chop off some wood from its face to form a mouth. All creatures deserve to talk rite? ;)

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 11 Apr 2006, 10:26

Orfinn wrote:Ehem! Heres Raelag the dungeon hero ...
So now he have joined the inferno guys and changed his name to Agrael??
Interesting ;|
:idea: I´m enlightened, good job Sherlock! ;) Their specialities speaks for that discovery also:

Agrael: Furious, The initiative of all creatures in hero's army is increased by 2% per hero level.
Raelag: Prudent, Enemy units has penalty to initiative, depending on hero level.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 11 Apr 2006, 10:28

Most of these pictures look really interesting...Can't wait until it comes out...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Apr 2006, 14:57

Check out the name of the second hero:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 11 Apr 2006, 15:10

So, are we gonna have different heroe figures on advanture map, or not? For example will Christian look like a big boob girl? :-D

The Treant looks like an alien! Just like in Holywood :disagree:
Last edited by theGryphon on 11 Apr 2006, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 11 Apr 2006, 15:39

Aaah, why did they change the treant? The old one looked far better. Now it doesn't resemble a tree in any aspect except the leaves...

It's too thin. They should have given it more branches with leaves.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Apr 2006, 16:34

Darkstroem wrote:Aaah, why did they change the treant? The old one looked far better. Now it doesn't resemble a tree in any aspect except the leaves...

It's too thin. They should have given it more branches with leaves.
I also thought that once I saw this new treants looking like walking sticks. You know treants, ents and dendroids are three different kinds of walking trees. At least now you clearly see the difference. :-D

Ents: gigantic, very though strong enough to throw huge boulders they are like wooden versions of cyclopses which also throw obulders.

Dendroids: Looks similar to the Ents, except (as seen in the AB intro movie and in-game) that they are smaller around 2m tall.

Treants: H5 Version 1: Many complained they looked like fat three trunks ofcourse there were people that liked them, but since they got changed I guess Ubi and nival got the idea to remake them. The V1 had the head almost in the middle of the body and their arms were atop of the creature, they had nose, moustache and beard, wooden plates used as armor etc. My conclusion, except their width, everything about them was to massive and weird.

H5 V2: Now they are alot thinner, enraged and look some kind of insects ala walking sticks, but hey there are many different types of trees, oak, redwood etc some trees are thin, average, thick. So these treants are portraited as thin, walking trees. Second the name "treant" says it all, they look like some kind of insect dont they, an ant made of wood?
Besides the ancient treants red eyes which I think should have another color than red (blue, yellow, bright white) I think we just have to get use to them. At least they look unique, havent seen walking sti...erm trees looking like these before :-D

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 11 Apr 2006, 16:34

Comments on visuals/linguistics:

1. Battle log: Get rid of that "unit" word. It's so annoying. We know they are units. lol
2. Battle log: Different font styles do not look good. Font styles should be coherent.
3. Creature join window: Squires are not creatures! What about "Squires Join"? In short, make the text dynamic! (and capitalize that "j")
4. Spell book: Mana requirement should be printed below the spell name, not right after. Not "Prayer Mana:0" but "Prayer\nMana:0" if you know what I mean.
5. Overall: I'm not fond of the "script" font style. I can understand that it's there to create a fantasy environment, but it does not blend with the (I suppose) "Arial" font used in pop-up windows, battle log, etc. I suggest they use a single font style for everything, or two styles that please the eye together. What I see is just not eye-pleasing.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 12 Apr 2006, 08:12

gryphonheart wrote:1. Battle log: Get rid of that "unit" word. It's so annoying. We know they are units. lol
I guess it is needed because of translation capabilities. But in fact in English the word "unit" may be replaced with an "empty word".
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

umfridus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby umfridus » 12 Apr 2006, 18:37

I think the Treants are now officially the funniest looking creatures in HoMM history, defeating HIV's chicken on fire by a landslide. :|

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 13 Apr 2006, 06:54

Why is the Ancient Treant eating leaves? 8| :|
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 13 Apr 2006, 07:38

Xenofex.XVII wrote:Why is the Ancient Treant eating leaves? 8| :|
Perhaps he's hungry.