Suggestions for MM6 mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Suggestions for MM6 mod

Unread postby motter28218 » 08 May 2008, 21:53

Hello all, due to the big success of BDJ's mod I am planning to do a mod for MM6 and would like some input on what you'd like to see. Keep in mind I'm not as good as BDJ and also the event language in 6 is different from 7 but I can still do just about all the same kinda things you saw in BDJ's mod.

So I'm putting the invitation out there, any suggestions are welcome, anyone who wants to help out I won't refuse and I will give you full credit when it is done. I plan to post this message in other forums and as well as other sites so don't be suprised if you read this more than once. Let me know. Thanks.

P.S. As always my offer to help other's learn to mod is out there, however this is limited to things I have learned on my own, as for BDJ's mod, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything but that is his work and you would need to get his permission before I would allow you to view his secrets, he does have some very good tutorials on his blog at filefront.

Otter

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 May 2008, 23:03

First things first:

Are you able to create an ARMSMASTER skill to give to the Knight, Archer and Paladin? With corresponding NPC trainers.

Can you modify the plate/chain armor skills to make it like in MM7 so that the paladin, archer, knight can benefit from physical dmg reduction.

Without major changes like this, I probably wouldn't even consider doing anything else than the CSSD party, *again*.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 May 2008, 00:08

Well, i dunno if it's possible but i think a new continent or some new dungeons would be nice. Also i would like to see some more quests in the surrounding area (sweet water is just nothing and i think there could be done more)... Nice to see someone is working on MM6 to :)
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 09 May 2008, 00:21

Matt,

Good to hear about the MM6 mod! I wish you the best in this venture and look forward to playing the finished product!

If I can be of some limited assistance to you, please let me know.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 09 May 2008, 04:29

Make knights useful after the beginning of the game? Fix broken spells? (coughmindcough). Good Luck.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

jianliang_84
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jianliang_84 » 09 May 2008, 05:11

all the best to u in making MM6 mods , make 4 knights party easier , lol :-D

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 09 May 2008, 06:59

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Matt,

Good to hear about the MM6 mod! I wish you the best in this venture and look forward to playing the finished product!

If I can be of some limited assistance to you, please let me know.

BDJ
Thanks BDJ, although you might regret offering to help after I'm bugging you nonstop ha ha. Seriously I will try to figure out stuff myself as always but I appreciate the offer, we'll see if enough people respond, if not I'll just mod it the way I want and leave it at that.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 09 May 2008, 11:33

Make the music work without the play CD... I've broken mine :(

More seriously, it would be nice if you could get a few shortcuts into some of the more tedious dungeons or change them enough for them to be interesting again.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 09 May 2008, 20:36

Sounds great, that somebody is planning to create mod for the MM6 also. Unfortunately I am not modder, but may be could help with some ideas/quest projects...Not realy sure. Anyway ready for beta testing.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 13 May 2008, 01:33

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:First things first:

Are you able to create an ARMSMASTER skill to give to the Knight, Archer and Paladin? With corresponding NPC trainers.

Can you modify the plate/chain armor skills to make it like in MM7 so that the paladin, archer, knight can benefit from physical dmg reduction.

Without major changes like this, I probably wouldn't even consider doing anything else than the CSSD party, *again*.
Unfortunately no, this is controlled by the game engine and can only be modified by editing the exe files, which is illegal as far as I know, so I am trying to figure out how to do that but even if I do I can't make it available publicly because of copyright laws. Sorry.

fornaxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

id

Unread postby fornaxx » 24 Aug 2010, 15:15

Hey, i have seriously tough about this, I want to be able to take pictures of my friends and put them in my party, It must not be that complicated to take all the pics we need for the game in order with a list or something, and record some voice, then play with your buddies.

That would raaep

jeff

Re: id

Unread postby jeff » 24 Aug 2010, 20:04

fornaxx wrote:Hey, i have seriously tough about this, I want to be able to take pictures of my friends and put them in my party, It must not be that complicated to take all the pics we need for the game in order with a list or something, and record some voice, then play with your buddies.

That would raaep
BDJ and Matt will know better but from my experience working with BDJ and Vladimir on the TCC project importing graphics is very complicated and the formatting has to be very precise.
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Aug 2010, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 24 Aug 2010, 23:27

I know this kind of weird but i do think that is time for us to make something really new and frustrate. It is challenge and hopefully will be rewarded handsomely.

Well so my idea is about 1 hero instead of 4.

We start with six unique class and some new race as well.

For this purpose the game dialog and system will be changed. We need 1 very strong hero who has the hell power to kill insane monsters even the god.

BTW it is just an idea :D

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 25 Aug 2010, 14:34

why not mod MM4-5 instead, or even MM3?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 25 Aug 2010, 15:21

Talin_Trollbane wrote:why not mod MM4-5 instead, or even MM3?
cause DOS games are not so popular nowadays, i guess...

i want to start MM8 MOD but there are alot of work need to be done, maybe i want more that MM8 engine can provide.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Aug 2010, 18:38

Talin_Trollbane wrote:why not mod MM4-5 instead, or even MM3?
I don't think that those are as well documented.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 Aug 2010, 20:10

They documented at the same level (nothing is documented at all).
I wonder how they managed to make Swords of XeeN.

Agalloch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agalloch » 26 Aug 2010, 09:25

Hey,

Sorry to hijack a thread on the topic of Might and Magic 6, but this is in direct response to the previous 4 posts on Might and Magic 3/4/5/Swords. Please branch the thread if possible, or useful.

The Xeen Engine, used in Might and Magic 3, 4 and 5 and Swords of Xeen is very well understood. It is quite well documented online, at http://xeen.wikia.com/ and there also appears to be some information at http://rewiki.regengedanken.de/wiki/Might_and_Magic_5. I possess what I believe is complete documention of the entire engine and all three games; which I will probably release after I finish the project I am working on.

I didn't intend to post here until after completion of the project (given that most fan projects dissipate), howver, stating it's existence might help prevent another reverse engineering project, or attempts to create assets for an outdated engine. I have been working on a complete rewrite (with no reverse engineering) of the Xeen Engine; a program which can run all Xeen games if you have the resource file (.cc) available. This primary feature is actually completely finished - I have played World of Xeen through natively on Windows XP and with some improved graphics (however, I am a terrible artist), however there are a number of other features which I am working on first.

Finished extra features..
- Can play the PC-version of MM1 and MM2 if resources (all files, including exe which includes game logic and much text) are available.
- Can play in higher resolutions, and use higher resolution imagery.
- Support for new file formats, including Generic image formats and AVI video, as well as a larger (32-bit addresses) Game Archive (.cc file).
- Can render environment in 3D, and allow smooth camera turning and movement while looking otherwise identical. However, this requires Flat textures (as opposed to the perspective textures built for the game) and I have only developed them for Vertigo, again I am a terrible artist.
- Generic network tools available, and currently programmed for a mode in which Local (LAN) computers can control different party members.
- Flexible Game mechanics, character classes and inventory. Can play with Game logic of any of the games, or with your own rules.

Features I'm working on..
- Render MM1/MM2 with XEEN graphics
- Level editor
- Live scripting, to allow for flexible Networked games, and a GM to change details on the fly.

Other intended features.. Perhaps I'll post these when I start working on them.

Apologies if I missed anything, this was just off the top of my head, and I haven't worked on the finished stuff in quite a while.

The XEEN engine has quite an interesting way to allow Moddling which might be of interest, and which I intend to keep as similar as possible. While the Primary Archive, ".cc" contains all game imagery, sounds and video, as well as the default save files, the Game Maps are stored in the external save files (XEEN01.SAV etc) . This means that it is possible to distribute entirely new worlds that include the same graphical content but new layouts, as save files.

Thanks,

James

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 26 Aug 2010, 18:14

see guys?

do proceed, sir.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

MM8 mod rather...

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 30 Aug 2010, 05:54

I wonder why people keep modding MM6 and MM7, which are already great games to start with. There are very good mods around for MM6 and MM7 (played BDJ's; never found the time for Maestro's though).
Now, if there is a MM that really needs modding (IMHO), it is MM8. Apart for Maestro, who has expressed his desire to mod MM8 (I hope he will: I'd love to see a good MM8 mod), nobody else seems to go for it. I wonder why. If I would have the time (which I don't), I would go for a MM8 mod. It would help a lot to make MM8 more fun! Of course, it's just my opinion, you don't have to embrace it!

Return to “Might and Magic”