Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alma » 24 Aug 2010, 09:37

ThunderTitan wrote:No Black Dragons = BLASPHEMY....
How do you know that they are not in?
And there weren't black dragons in the first episode too and I liked it very much. Maybe because I like purple color more than black. :)

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Aug 2010, 11:43

well you guys could of course go check the heroes 5 history and check if the dark elves already existed 400 years ago. Or maybe only as splinter faction of the elves.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Aug 2010, 13:03

They did, Tuidhana had made a pack with the faceless sometime before the events of H6.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Aug 2010, 18:49

+ Franchise still alive
- The publisher...

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 25 Aug 2010, 03:18

ThunderTitan wrote:No Black Dragons = BLASPHEMY....
ThunderTitan wrote:Well they also need to be in the right faction too (Warlock/Dungeon), so it's more about whether or not that one is in.

Seconded on both counts!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2010, 08:32

alma wrote: How do you know that they are not in?
And there weren't black dragons in the first episode too and I liked it very much.
2nd was better, so their colours there get precedent. :tonguehands:

But as long as Dungeon gets the biggest, meanest Dragon i'm fine if it's purple.

And i don't know they're not in, i'm just making sure the devs know they will die if they left them out...
Maybe because I like purple colour more than black. :)
Freak... :tongue: ;)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

alma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alma » 25 Aug 2010, 09:03

ThunderTitan wrote:
alma wrote:Maybe because I like purple colour more than black. :)
Freak... :tongue: ;)
You know... We girls usually like more brighter colors. That's a fact of life. :D
Pink drake for Dungeon! :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Aug 2010, 09:05

And that's what i was saying... GIRLS ARE FREAKS! And they give you cuties.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 25 Aug 2010, 11:31

- wasting awesome designs on heroes. What for? Heroes are impotent and just stand around casting an occasional spell. The best designs should be used for units (the most active on most on-screen things), not heroes.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 25 Aug 2010, 12:18

No Black Dragons = BLASPHEMY...
Is even all races apart from have/necro/inferno announced since i dont see any official info on that part to cry yet( correct if I am wrong)?
Of that would be unnacepatable if warlock/dungeon faction would be omitted.Omitting of magic immune dragon would be a crime too. Those things goes all the way back to KB. After all it is one of original factions since homm1 although i much rather liked it as it was in h1 and h2 - shadowy male counterpart of sorcerers faction rather than warhammer sort of dark elves.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 25 Aug 2010, 14:09

Soronarr wrote:- wasting awesome designs on heroes. What for? Heroes are impotent and just stand around casting an occasional spell. The best designs should be used for units (the most active on most on-screen things), not heroes.
I disagree, the look of the heroes was a major complaint for nival. I guess they didn't have enough time to make a custom hero for every portrait.
Last edited by Mirez on 25 Aug 2010, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Aug 2010, 14:25

They didn't even have enough time to make female models :disagree:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

nmiz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nmiz » 26 Aug 2010, 03:42

-Hero separation (might/magic)
-Only one upgrade (didn't see the point of having 2 upgrades where one is clearly superior)

Not sure: -Only 5 factions (if they diversify it'll be OK)
-Mine control (need to feel it, before judging it)
-Town conversion (has to be nicely balanced)
-4 resources (I feel they're trying a bit too hard)

Dislikes: -No initiative (I think it was a great system and that with a wee bit of balancing it woild make the most tacticaly realistic system - I mean zombies should be slower than hell hounds, right?)
-No town screen - don't diss a legendary trademark, just don't bro
-Still small battlefields

Makes me furious: Don't even think about dropping Dungeon. If you do you WILL perish in the shadows...
"We rule the shadows, and someday the shadows will rule everything."

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 26 Aug 2010, 05:56

I know I posted on this already but I don't think it can be stressed enough!
Keep The Dungeon and give them the Image!!!

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 26 Aug 2010, 08:22

What i like:

Promised 2D town view.

Thats about it, everything else seams rather bad than good to me. Yes, art direction might be better than Nival`s but it still is crap when compared to older games. Engine might look better than Nival`s but it`s not saying much when we think about it.

With only two spots remaining its obvious that one of the classical towns won`t make it, bye bye Stronghold i guess.

Taking ideas from other games and at the same time removing old homm elements seams just wrong.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 26 Aug 2010, 09:13

Mirez wrote:
Soronarr wrote:- wasting awesome designs on heroes. What for? Heroes are impotent and just stand around casting an occasional spell. The best designs should be used for units (the most active on most on-screen things), not heroes.
I disagree, the look of the heroes was a major complaint for nival. I guess they didn't have enough time to make a custom hero for every portrait.
I didn't say "don't make good models for heroes" .. I just said the best and most awesome models should be the units, since they are the most active.

I've seen the concept art for some of the hereos. Just look at the Paladin (heaven might hero) image. The very idea that such excellent design will just stand on the sidelines PAINS ME.
What's the point of that big-ass zweihander if you're not seeing it being used?

Blocks100
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Blocks100 » 26 Aug 2010, 13:29

If they do have time to make custom heroes, I really hope you can see what artifacts the heroes possess. I don't want to rely just on the paper doll inventory for that.

Imagine seeing some hero wielding a Gnoll's Flail and brandishing the Sentinel's Shield on the world map, and saying "right, I'm off to hunt me some artifacts!"

kleff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kleff » 29 Aug 2010, 06:33

Blocks100 wrote:If they do have time to make custom heroes, I really hope you can see what artifacts the heroes possess. I don't want to rely just on the paper doll inventory for that.

Imagine seeing some hero wielding a Gnoll's Flail and brandishing the Sentinel's Shield on the world map, and saying "right, I'm off to hunt me some artifacts!"
Wohoo, I'd go for it!!!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Aug 2010, 06:57

This thing with artifacts present on the Hero on the map is something I am waiting for from H3. Hope they make it this time and make it looks good... Even though, I admit, an demon will look quiet funny with, let's say, Sandals of the Saint on his hoofs. :applause:

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 29 Aug 2010, 10:42

Useless, given that a hero doesn't actually USE that stuff.
If the hero could actually run around and swing that Sword of Judgment...sure. Otherwise? Don't bother. Waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”