System Requirements - Unofficial

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bishop AlMighty
Peasant
Peasant

System Requirements - Unofficial

Unread postby Bishop AlMighty » 20 Aug 2010, 13:34

While we are waithing for offical, I would like to hear what do you guys think.

I'm expecting something like this:

2,4-3,0 GHZ Dual core CPU
2Gb of RAM
256-512Mb of video memory
DirectX 9c (and I hope 10)
Qui non est mecum, contra me est

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 20 Aug 2010, 14:22

Would that be minimum or recommended?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Aug 2010, 15:07

It looks pretty much like H5, so I expect the minimum requirements will be much the same. Still, I have a much better PC than even the recommended reqs, and the game is choppy ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 20 Aug 2010, 16:13

The game looks exactly like HeroesV but I am sure that they'll compensate by sloppy programing so that my 9800GT will lag.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2010, 19:25

If Mark of Chaos is any indication they game will run ok, but have giant load times, even in places where they could have just skipped over any high end 3D rendering and it would have still been fine.

But at least the graphics will be nice.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Bishop AlMighty
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bishop AlMighty » 20 Aug 2010, 19:45

Kalah wrote:It looks pretty much like H5
For now it does, we will see the final build.

I was hoping that they will bring Heroes back to 2D, but now it's seems impossible :(

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2010, 20:03

Bishop AlMighty wrote: I was hoping that they will bring Heroes back to 2D, but now it's seems impossible :(
If by "now" you mean "ever since anyone but NWC had final say over the game" then it sure is impossible...

Give the gaming industry at least 20 more years to get over needing 3D for every "serious" game series...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 20 Aug 2010, 20:19

I fully expect this game to make my computer weep tears of silicon. I'm for the lower system reqs the better I need not moving trees and bushes in my Heroes games I need not weird trails behind my heroes.
ThunderTitan wrote:Give the gaming industry at least 20 more years to get over needing 3D for every "serious" game series...
You saying pokemon isn't a serious game? Well :tonguehands: to you then.
Corelanis used baton pass The Heroes Round Table sent out [the poster below me]

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2010, 22:32

Someone needs to look up what " around a word means...

And no, Pokemon isn't a "Triple A" game...

Bishop AlMighty
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bishop AlMighty » 20 Aug 2010, 22:47

ThunderTitan wrote:Give the gaming industry at least 20 more years to get over needing 3D for every "serious" game series...
They have started to bring back good old games in 2D. Take Worms Reloaded for example.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Aug 2010, 22:52

Which is why i only said 20 years... (that and it being a downloadable game and all)

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 21 Aug 2010, 05:24

Bishop AlMighty wrote:Take Worms Reloaded for example.
I think Worms Reloaded is a bad example, because the gameplay in the original Worms games was almost too dependent on being in the 2D aspect. The gameplay changed drastically with the jump to 3D - it felt like a completely different game. As a matter of fact, they ARE completely different games, solely based on gameplay experience: the hiding, building, aiming, heck even moving strategies are quite different in both environments.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 21 Aug 2010, 10:21

I'd expect something like:

3.0 GHz single core processor
1 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7600/ ATi X1800

Don't forget that the Gamescom demo was a pre-alpha version of the game. So I guess it will have more advanced graphics than that and way bigger maps and details.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Aug 2010, 11:05

I don't have any objections to the 3D layout per se, but it really bugs me that H5 can't be run smoothly on my gaming PC even though its specs are above recommended. I'll be hoping that H6 is better optimized.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Aug 2010, 12:04

Mitzah wrote:way bigger maps
As i recall the H5 pre-alpha that was leaked didn't have that much of a smaller map then the ones that came with H5 when it came out...

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 21 Aug 2010, 12:16

Yes, but they said they wanted to make bigger maps this time.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 21 Aug 2010, 12:26

Kalah wrote:...but it really bugs me that H5 can't be run smoothly on my gaming PC even though its specs are above recommended. I'll be hoping that H6 is better optimized.
Optimization is one of many things, where Nival failed hard. And since Nival is out of the game, there is a chance that Black Hole don't screw up everything they get their hands on.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Aug 2010, 12:29

And H5 was supposed to have scalable battlefields... i'll believe it when i see it.

@klaymen

Mark of Chaos did have really long load times though...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Aug 2010, 12:32

Yeah, but while long load times are annoying, I don't mind as long as the game runs smoothly. Provided of course that the long load times don't occur every round, like the long AI turns.

Bishop AlMighty
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bishop AlMighty » 21 Aug 2010, 23:49

Kalah wrote:I don't have any objections to the 3D layout per se, but it really bugs me that H5 can't be run smoothly on my gaming PC even though its specs are above recommended. I'll be hoping that H6 is better optimized.
In my gaming machine it runs just fine, but with my old CPU (intel E2160 dual core) I have had some problems.
I have no doubt in my curent machine (Q6600, GTX480, 4Gb DDR3) that it will run Homm 6 smoothly if thay work something with optimization. But I don't feel right when plaing Heroes in 3D, I don't mind that fake 3D like in Homm 4, in fact I like it. But real 3D is just not the right thing for Heroes series, IMO :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”