Heroes6 leak ?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Aug 2010, 23:30

Metathron wrote:Oh god, not another crummy demon invasion ...
rofl :rofl:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby michiganjf » 16 Aug 2010, 23:36

I think it looks great! Beautiful graphics!

There are always innovations, so I'm sure we can expect a few again for 6.

One thing however:

I do wish they would incorporate more battlefield bonus features, such as booster or curse squares, terrain feature penalties or bonuses, obstruction penalties for ranged attackers, treasure squares, etc...

HOMM has never given this aspect of the game enough consideration, and it is the main thing that can make battles really interesting and varied.

Here's another innovation I considered long ago:

I always thought that single player maps should incorporate little "dungeon mini games," where the player enters, say, a dungeon or abandoned fortress, and time freezes in the main game.

Then, the hero and his army, or perhaps even just the hero (with his own special attacks and defenses), enters an environment with it's own rules: ambush attacks, real-time wandering monsters that, when engaged, go into a turn-based battle, special treasure potential for certain game upgrades, rewards such as special hero bonus boosters (like an extra skill), etc...

These types of little miniquests are sweet nectar for TB gamers, and always have been. TB geeks like me always seem to love the potential to build up an uber-hero.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Infiltrator » 16 Aug 2010, 23:40

Could care less about the story. To me the only good one was the Heroes 2 storyline. So demon invasion or not.. I don't really care.

I think the graphics look really good. A bit more realistic, which associates me with Heroes 3. What worries me is the interface, which is horrifying. Especially that huge circle above the hero. Ugh.
Edited on Mon, Aug 16 2010, 21:35 by Infiltrator
Infiltrator out.

Raventiger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Raventiger » 17 Aug 2010, 05:17

Cool another Heroes game. Umm Ubisoft, DRM=always connected to the internet. My location = poor internet connections (dropouts etc). Looks like I wont be picking this one up. :(

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby lotusreaver » 17 Aug 2010, 05:45

I'm trying to figure out what the undead unit with the Wolverine claws is. I'm guessing the creature with the staff is a non-skeletal Lich? The ghost appears to be a translucent woman now, rather than a group of three prisoners.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Aug 2010, 06:34

Storyline looks to me more like this Archangel is using a forbidden ritual or something and is turning into Undead (could be interesting) or Fallen Angel (less interesting).

Anyways, like what I see so far, even though looks like the Round Turn is back (judging by this almost complete circle down the bar of the battle screen). I hope they keep the HV skill system (and even improve it) - it was (is) too sweet to waste it like that.

sm.art
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby sm.art » 17 Aug 2010, 06:50

Heroesworld - fantasy TBS games news
- first Disciples III and King's Bounty fansite!!!

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 17 Aug 2010, 06:56

The nasty with claws is maybe an upgraded ghoul.

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby TheRider » 17 Aug 2010, 07:43

Everythng looks intriguing :) The best part is in the words "Turn 1". IMHO the initiative system used in HV was idiotic with all these creatures acting two or three times when others only once. I dont like games in which only one attribute rules. It will be cool if instead of alternative upgrades the H IV system is back - alternative level creatures.

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 17 Aug 2010, 08:22

Can't help my maths but i see 5 small undead creatures. Does this mean that there won't be 4 small plus 3 larg in each race or will there be 8 units?

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Mitzah » 17 Aug 2010, 08:45

@ TheRider: I think that initiative system still exists.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 17 Aug 2010, 09:23

Maybe initiative only means who comes first in a Turn.
Edited on Tue, Aug 17 2010, 05:24 by Ravenheart87

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby dark raider » 17 Aug 2010, 11:17

hmmm.. what i don't understand is with all those games that has come lately with such an amazing graphic ( like Disciples 3) how is it that heroes still needs to be made like cartoon graphic... i remind me of the old warcraft or kings bounty graphic...I would really like to se a heroes game with more realistic graphic...again like in Disciples 3...

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby TheRider » 17 Aug 2010, 12:35

KB has amazing graphic, all of the creatures are so full of fantasy. The new MM:HVI reminds me a lot of the style of Heroes of Annihilated Empires, dont know why.

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby OliverFA » 17 Aug 2010, 14:36

It's a bit too soon to make any judgement, but from the screens I can't see any innovation. I wouldn't be interested in an Heroes 3-3D v2 game. With "Elemental, war of magic" out this very month, they'll better do something really good.

It's very nice to have cool graphics, but gameplay mechanics are more important.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 17 Aug 2010, 16:44

It looks a lot like Heroes V, although it's probably too early to make any real judgments. They are also going for a fairly different art style, in contrast to Heroes V's relative cartooniness. We'll see.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Aug 2010, 18:42

San Francisco, CA - August 17, 2010 - Today Ubisoft announced the return of the fan beloved Might & Magic franchise with the development of Might & Magic Heroes VI, which will be available worldwide on Windows PC in 2011. Developed by Black Hole Entertainment (Armies of Exigo, Mark of Chaos Battle March), Might & Magic Heroes VI will include all the characters and features that have made this brand a worldwide success, in addition to a wealth of new innovations.

"Might & Magic is a powerful franchise with an amazing 20-year legacy," said Adam Novickas, director of marketing at Ubisoft U.S. "Players will be able to enjoy the Heroes experience like never before. The amazing creative teams at Black Hole Entertainment are keeping the original Heroes spirit, while enhancing the RPG elements."

The Might & Magic Heroes VI adventure starts 400 years before the events in Heroes of Might & Magic® V, showcasing a family of heroes in a thrilling, epic story where Angels plot to revive an unfinished war.

A legendary Archangel general killed during the war of the Elder races returns to life with a vengeance. Under the cover of preparations for an upcoming Demon invasion, he unites the peoples of Ashan to eradicate his ancient enemies. However, he underestimates the power of the all too human dynasty of the Griffin Dukes.

The Griffin heroes' destinies will be written by players. In the game, players will be able to:

. Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes gameplay, remasterized with the well-known developer, Black Hole Entertainment, and in close partnership with the game's numerous fans.

. Experience the unique mix of Turn-Based Strategy & RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect tons of resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops & ready them for combat on exclusive battle maps

. Shape your destiny: Lead the Heroes of the Griffin dynasty within an intriguing scenario. Choose your path, assume your choices and customize your gaming experience thanks to a brand new reputation system.

. Rediscover the richness of the Might & Magic Universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy revisited 3D designs and an exclusive new bestiary.

. Share with the community: Post content & compete with your friends using a new and intelligent, online community interface.

For more information, visit www.mightandmagicgame.com.

The Heroes VI adventure starts 400 years before the events in Heroes V, showcasing a family of heroes in a thrilling, epic story where Angels plot to revive an unfinished war.

A legendary Archangel General, killed during the war of the Elder races, is resurrected. Under the cover of preparations for an upcoming Demon invasion, he plots to recover his powers and take control of Ashan while eradicating his ancient enemies. He underestimates, however, the power of the all-too-human Griffin dynasty.

The destiny of these Griffin heroes will be determined by our players.

Key Features

Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes gameplay, remasterized with the well-known developer, Black Hole, and in close partnership with the game’s numerous fans.

Experience the unique mix of Turn-Based Strategy & RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect tons of resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops & ready them for combat on exclusive battle maps

Shape your destiny: Lead the Heroes of the Griffin dynasty through an intriguing scenario. Choose your path, assume your choices and customize your gaming experience thanks to a brand new Reputation system.

Rediscover the richness of the M&M Universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan.

Enjoy improved 3D designs and an exclusive new bestiary

Share with the community: Post content & compete with your friends using a new and intelligent, online community interface.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 17 Aug 2010, 19:38

This is infuriating! I can't access Heroes Community because there's such a high volume of traffic, and I'm the goddamn news poster! 8|

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby jeffh » 17 Aug 2010, 22:22

Only one resource besides wood, ore and gold? (Which appears to be crystal.) I hope that's only for the current phase of testing and that they'll ultimately have the whole lineup.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 18 Aug 2010, 00:44

@parcaleste

the H5 skill system was definitely interesting but I think it took too long to develop all the skills/perks and so forth

as far as the circular bar goes, maybe it's just a time limit for that creature's turn (like active battle option in H5)?
Edited on Tue, Aug 17 2010, 20:46 by Shad0WeN

Return to “News”