Timothy Duncan's Heroes 2 Maps and Agent of Heaven Campaign

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Timothy Duncan's Heroes 2 Maps and Agent of Heaven Campaign

Unread postby cjlee » 09 Aug 2010, 14:53

Hello Everyone!

I'm interested in replaying some amazing maps from Heroes 2 by the legendary creator, Timothy Duncan aka Corribus.

Timothy Duncan co-created with Charley Watkins an epic campaign called Agent of Heaven. It isn't as difficult as Timothy Duncan's Last Hope campaign, but Agent of Heaven is, all things considered (innovations, beauty, storyline), the best ever campaign made for Heroes II. After all, it was created by the best mapmakers collaborating!

But I really can't find these maps anymore. Not on Celestial Heavens, not on Yahoo Groups, not even from Russian sites.

From a posting made elsewhere, I am able to list the maps in this campaign:

Introduction
Quickfreeze
Metalluna
Woodlands
Chaos' Furnace
Hostage Earth
Succession

It was the best Heroes 2 campaign ever! How could it have disappeared off the net just like that?

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 16 Aug 2010, 19:56

Hey, sorry for bumping this up, but I'm just astonished.

Hasn't anyone heard of the Agent of Heaven campaign by two of the best-ever mapmakers in the Heroes franchise?

I can't understand why this entire campaign of 7 maps could have gone missing from every website dedicated to Heroes. Doesn't anyone remember? Or are all the original Heroes 2 players grown up and stopped playing?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Aug 2010, 20:32

cjlee wrote:Or are all the original Heroes 2 players grown up and stopped playing?
I don't think that this is the case. And I heard about the campaign, unfortunately I'm not Heroes II. player. But I know at least one. :P

Edit:
And as a last and not so last. According my knowledge Corribus is still alive and to be se online once in a while. Here or more over the HC.

..and that may be not bad idea to ask him directly and hang it up to the yahoo groups or here!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 17 Aug 2010, 06:44

Actually, the amount of downloads I am seeing for H2 maps are rather astronomical for as old as the game is. Meaning, it's just one of those timeless games that'll be around forever. It's doing quite well.
If we can get the campaign, we'll post it here and over on H2 Archives. That way, no one would miss out playing it. :D

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 17 Aug 2010, 13:46

Yes! Bytebandit, PLEASE!!!

Keep your eyes open for the Agent of Heaven campaign!

Heroes 2 was simply an amazing game and it spawned some of the best mapmaking ever, with solid storytelling despite the AI and script limitations.

If not for H2, I would never have played H3. H3 has superior gameplay and superior AI, but the H3 graphics were (as 3DO said back in 1998), 'darker'. Sadder. Less 'fun'. H3's music never matched H2's, the best-ever music around (too bad I can't enjoy it using my current sound card emulation).

Those people who are used to 3D games and models like H5 simply don't understand what they are missing. 2D graphics are fine if the thinking behind them is solid. Because H2 and H3 had simpler map editors, many brilliant minds were able to make great campaigns and maps without needing to know much scripting or programming. H2 doesn't have bells and whistles, but it is very much a classic that won't die. Like chess! Chess is still around in today's world of 3D gaming!

BTW I wrote to Corribus, but he never replied. I hope he isn't using his brilliant mind to work as a financial wizard on Wall Street. Having played (or tried to) all of his maps, his personality shines through. Corribus was always an honest, brave knight with an awareness of the darker side of things.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Aug 2010, 21:10

I heard through the grapevine that my name was uttered here. Well, cjlee, you're in luck. I do believe I still have this series of maps on my portable hard drive. Now the question is: where shall I upload it?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Aug 2010, 22:13

If you kick it over to maps(at)celestialheavens.com, I'm sure our resident H2 map guru ByteBandit will add it to the archives post-haste. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 01 Sep 2010, 09:46

How come I've never heard of this campaign? Dammit...I was gonna re-install and play HOMM2 again these days anyway. Might as well get this campaign and give it a whirl :)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 02 Sep 2010, 14:54

You're all in luck - I found the campaign files and will upload them as Kalah suggested.

Actually I have found all of my H2 maps. They are:

Brothers Troy
Cavel's Games
Edfupupi Lah
Golden Range
Heat
Ludicrosity
Nosferatu (AW Award Winner)
Quadruplets
Starfire
Starfire (Multiplayer)
The Cabal
Threedom
Torque
Zirabet

Last Hope Campaign:
Last Hope
THUNK
Adjudication
Toran Rift
Cave of Dreams
Retribution
Abode of Evil

Furthermore, I have these excellent H2 maps by other mapmakers:
Gates of Hell - Grayson Towler
The Cloak - Andy Duffy
The Journey - Andy Duffy (sequal to The Cloak)
Colossal - ?? (Might be Colossal Caverns by Charley Watkins)
Crashland - Ron Diale
Dark Knights - Balrog
Ghost Planet - C. Watkins
Grim Reaper - Greg Schneider
Dead Dragons - Greg Schneider
Slayer Legacy - Grayson Towler
Betrayal - Grayson Towler
Key of Sol - Ron Diale
Lightbringer I, II and III - Eric Hutchens
Necromantic - Eric Hutchens
Lord of the Rings - C. Watkins
Plains of Aekon - Grayson Towler
Roc Around the Clock - Julia Skipper
Sands of Time - Thierry Chicoine
Sinbad - ??
The Road Home - Grayson Towler

If the powers that be want any of these for the archives, let me know.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Sep 2010, 17:07

I want all of them into archives! :D

And you may add them yourself, rightly with your own comments. Doesn't that sound alluring enough? :-D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Jon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jon » 23 Apr 2012, 11:35

Was the Agent of Heaven campaign ever uploaded? I can't find it anywhere.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 03 May 2012, 16:11

Last edited by XEL II on 08 Mar 2013, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 16 May 2012, 01:04

Jon wrote:Was the Agent of Heaven campaign ever uploaded? I can't find it anywhere.
If you can't find it, send me a PM. I'll send it to you.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 May 2012, 10:26

Yep, there.
"We made it!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 May 2012, 13:22

Also on our campaigns page (scroll to bottom).
Last edited by Pol on 15 Sep 2019, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

SirMulich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirMulich » 03 Jul 2012, 11:55

Sorry for offtopic,
I'm playing Timothy Duncan's Heroes 3 map Traemask: Story of the fool, but I can't get the 60 Ice Elementals. I have all the others elementals, but I'm stuck with Water Elementals. Did I miss something? From time to time, I've been told to read chapter 4, chapter 5, but unlike Outpost of Progress and Sander's folly, I have no hero designated as Story teller so I don't have anything to read.
I already checked the map in the map editor, I still have no clue how to obtain 60 Ice Elementals.
Can someone give me a hint?
Thanks!

SirMulich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirMulich » 04 Jul 2012, 04:37

I found out! I have to release an enemy hero (pink) and let her capture a town (Aqueen) so a time event is generated (Upgrade Water Altar).

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 10 Jul 2012, 23:53

I'm glad you figured it out, and sorry for not seeing this earlier. :)

SirMulich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirMulich » 11 Jul 2012, 12:01

Corribus wrote:I'm glad you figured it out, and sorry for not seeing this earlier. :)
No problemo. Unfortunately I had an older version of Traemask: Story of the fool (with no Journal, Sanderbook etc. in .txt or .doc files).
I have to say thanks for creating such good maps with engrossing stories. You have put a lot of work into them.
I'm playing GoldHeart right now :) .

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Jul 2012, 12:10

If you need an up to date version, let me know. That map does have a few outstanding bugs and also needs some text polishing. Maybe some day I'll get to it. ;)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”