Might and Magic Teaser...

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Da_Vane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Da_Vane » 16 Aug 2010, 10:47

One of the biggest features in Heroes IV that I miss was the chance of locations like the Windmill and Watermill to auto-collection, assuming you had clear route to a town. This meant your heroes could be used for other purposes than gathering weekly resources and took out a lot of the micromanagement. Plus, the ability to send creatures out without a hero was useful for reinforcement purposes too. These features, helped make Heroes IV more enjoyable, but made it a totally different game from Heroes III, and I had hoped Heroes V would combine the best of the two rather than just reverting to the old Heroes III formula. If I wanted a kingdom management game, I'd play Civilization instead (some good Heroes mods for Civilization as well).

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 16 Aug 2010, 10:51

I think summon army spell was quite good thing that substituted hero less armies as reinforcement method and removed need for army chaining that was necessary in Hmm3. As for mills, I think flaging them makes them too much like mines thus they lose their purpose.

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 16 Aug 2010, 11:06

People, Heroes 6 will NOT be developed by Arkane (the developers of Dark Messiah). They've been acquired by Zenimax/Bethesda.

Also, how about a Heroes 6 section on the forum? :D

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 16 Aug 2010, 14:35

It would be awfully hard to imagine for company that creates action/rpg type games (arx fatalis, DMoMM) to create turn based strategy.

Return to “News”