Formula 1

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Jun 2009, 18:39

Kalah wrote:Yes, it's obvious that with a properly quick car, Button's talent really comes into its own.
100% agree, 1 year ago could be considered the worst active driver...things change really fast...
Patience is less common than the common sense

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jun 2009, 21:42

What I find equally disturbing is the fact that Hamilton drives so poorly... I've seen the races and it's not just the car; I'm telling you, the guy has a problem. I think he should switch teams again unless they can make the car competitive by next season (he's not gonna win this year, obviously).

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 13 Jun 2009, 15:01

That's right, he has been several times without passing Q1, 8 months ago noone would have expected that....
btw, theoretically next year in F1 there'll be 13 teams, maybe it become more exciting that this year :beg:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jun 2009, 20:27

Loads of teams, loads of drivers with evenly matched cars... Can we hope that F1 will return to the old days - when the drivers were the true heroes, and they actually fought for positions throughout the race? :oex:

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 19 Jun 2009, 14:40

And now it seems that there are going to be 2 championships....
Due to diferences between FIA&FOTA...
How will it end¿?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Jun 2009, 15:04

Hopefully with a deal between them, where the teams agree to a budget cap that's a little higher than $60M.

I could see F1 without Ferrari, but now pretty much all of the teams are saying they're ready to leave... I think the pressure just got upped, and that there'll be under-the-table negotiation going on.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 19 Jun 2009, 15:44

I hope so, because if they doesn't achieve a deal next year would be a chaos....

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 20 Jun 2009, 15:15

hamilton the 19th. Kinda lame, He's is in a downfall...
luckily :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Jun 2009, 18:15

He needs a proper car. The team haven't been successful this year, that much is obvious...

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 21 Jun 2009, 22:06

Kalah wrote:He needs a proper car. The team haven't been successful this year, that much is obvious...
I can say that for Felipe and Kimi...how were they so great in the past years..?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 26 Jun 2009, 00:10

Button 5 races won, Vettel 2...

btw, finally the deal has been reach and Moxley'll be kick out, and the limit of money to spend on investigation will rise.

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 30 Jun 2009, 21:00

Thank god.

That Mosley is really just a b***h (literally).

I do hope Webber wins the next race. He really does deserve it. Although I am predicting somewhat better results for the old school boys (Alonso, Hamilton[yes, him too], Kubica), since Nürburgring and Hungary are specific tracks (albeit, Hungary is boring almost always).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jul 2010, 15:07

These team orders disgust me ... and now Ferrari are at it again. They get a fine, of course, but $100K is a drop in the ocean for those guys. This thing will never stop until they actually start disqualifying people.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 26 Jul 2010, 18:52

Aren't these drivers extraordinarily competitive people? It seems really odd to me that a driver would willingly pull over because it was "best for the team." It's supposed to be a race after all, isn't it?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jul 2010, 12:29

Yeah well money trumps competitiveness.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 27 Jul 2010, 16:33

The only reason why Alonso ended 2nd is because Vettel went blindly towards him in order to close his way, so Massa could get the number 1 position, and due to Massa's odds to win the championship are lower than Alonso, it seems an OK action by Ferrari, which acted bravely and sincere, not like McLaren with those "Save fuel" orders, which are pretty the same thing at the end.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

aggy100
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aggy100 » 17 Sep 2010, 05:27

Ferrari is the ultimate one..:)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Feb 2011, 16:17

I guess Kubica is going to be out for quite a while. I wonder who will take his place in the team.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 09 Feb 2011, 22:51

We'll see.. there are always speculation.... I don't think he could win the title, but still I feel sorry for the guy, he was one of the best F1 racers from the mid-east Europe.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Feb 2011, 15:52

I've never really been a Kubica fan, but I do wish him all the best. We've seen people come back from bad injuries before, so I hope his career isn't completely over. F1 might be finished for him, though.

Return to “Campfire”