HEROES 3 on Windows 7

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
ZireX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HEROES 3 on Windows 7

Unread postby ZireX » 22 Jul 2010, 10:53

First of all sorry if there is such a tread but I couldn't find it.So to the question:
I install the game + Wog on Windows 7 and it runs nice BUT on a much smaller screen.It's sort of full screen but much smaller - it doesn't fill the monitor at all.This is on my Dell laptop.I even tried to copy the game from my PC which is again on Windows 7 and there it runs just fine but the result on my laptop is the same.Please help!I want it on my laptop for at least several more years.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 22 Jul 2010, 12:09

What is your graphics card and do you have the latest drivers for it?

ZireX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ZireX » 22 Jul 2010, 12:50

The Video is ATI Radeon HD 3650 and it is with the latest Vista drivers (cause there are no Win 7 drivers from Dell). I've played it just fine under Windows Vista but not Win 7 :(
I found a guy with my problem and he said he solved it with Vista drivers.I am with Vista drivers and no luck.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 22 Jul 2010, 13:01

I don't have Win7, but is there an option for "Vista" on the compatibility tab? Maybe that would solve the problem?
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

ZireX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ZireX » 22 Jul 2010, 13:18

Yes I've tried that too.Run in compatibility mode (Win Vista/SP1/SP2...) even in administrator mode - same result.

Iluvatar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Iluvatar » 22 Jul 2010, 13:42

http://www.amd.com/pl/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

Find suitable drivers there. There are drivers for win7. I use them on my HP dv7 with no problems.

I mean - I have those black rectangles to the left and right of game screen, but it's due to widescreen and that is as it should be imho.

ZireX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ZireX » 22 Jul 2010, 13:53

Thanks guys.I figured it out.At the ATI Control Center I turned Scalling options to full screen instead of center.Rather simple thing but who would've guess.Anyway back to the HoMM III universe :D

Emiren
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Emiren » 22 Jul 2010, 14:10

and if you want to try h3wog in higher resolution you can try heroes3HD
site is in russian so you might want to use a translator if you dont understand it

Return to “Wake of Gods”