World Cup 2010

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

World Cup 2010

Unread postby Kristo » 12 Jun 2010, 21:13

It's been one game ... and the Americans haven't lost yet! w00t! :D Our goalkeeper came up huge vs. England. Lots of yellow cards in that game too. Do they carry over to the next game?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jun 2010, 22:16

Earthquakes, volcanoes, oil spills and England not beating the Us at football?!

Crap, the mayans where right, weren't they...

Oh, and if a player gets another yellow card in the next match he'll be missing the 3rd one.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 12 Jun 2010, 22:34

My niece and her family went to watch the game at a local sports pub. They were all dressed in Red, White and Blue. She asked another friend what he was going to wear. He said his "AOBE" shirt. She didn't get it. Found out later it means "Any One But England".

*giggle*

I just love international Football. (aka Soccer)

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Germany it is

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 13 Jun 2010, 09:58

I keep waving the Finnish flag in honour of Team Finland. Good for us! Yay. Oh wait, hitto vieköön, We're not there! Hahahah. Not in these games, not in the previous ones either and oh well, never. How about European Football Championship Games? Oh yeah, we've never made it there as well. Oh well, this Finn bets his money for the German victory. ;)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Jun 2010, 11:33

netherlands are going to win this much eays
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Jun 2010, 20:34

Poor Australians... But thank you Germany for showing how the game is supposed to be played! Good to see that there's at least one team that knows where the goal is.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 13 Jun 2010, 21:58

Last edited by parcaleste on 14 Jun 2010, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2010, 10:02

parcaleste always got picked last for the football team as a child...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jun 2010, 12:08

I agree, that horn is waaaay too loud ... and it's on all the time; it's like a siren that never shuts up.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Jun 2010, 15:12

It pisses me off while on the telly, I can't imagine what it's like on the stadiums. This freaking thing kills the entire football atmosphere, you can't hear >poop< of the fans chants.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 14 Jun 2010, 17:37

I completely agree (it sounds like cicatas), but...

This is supposed to be a landmark World Cup because it's the first one on African soil, but nobody can stand how the Africans watch football (i.e., those *bleeping* horns). It seems like a jerk-ish thing to complain about in that respect.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Jun 2010, 19:13

Oh, just watched Paraguay making a goal on Italy.

I'm so happy with it. :D Tomorrow is my Brazilian team. :hoo: Hope they play a fair game. I mean, good. :proud:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Jun 2010, 19:51

Kristo wrote:... nobody can stand how the Africans watch football...
You sure they actually WATCH? Because I am pretty confident, that half the time they are blowing that freakin' vuvuzela and the other half of the time they try to catch their breath, so to blow that >poop< again.

The &^$%$((^ Italians just equalized. :gun:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 14 Jun 2010, 22:20

I've only seen a few clips from the games... even then, the silly horns are annoying as all get out.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Jun 2010, 00:09

Screw those damn vuvuzelas! Shame on the South African people for having such a pathetic "ancient" tradition, and sticking to it, even when it annoys the Hell out of everyone else on this damn planet! Shame on FIFA, for not having the balls (yeah), to say NO to this maddness! Shame on that guy over there, for a completely different and unrelated reason!

Go Holland!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jun 2010, 08:45

Yah, the Norwegian tradition is much better - we bring cowbells to sporting events. :)

Go Germany.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Jun 2010, 00:55

Brazilian game was so warm that even the vuvuzela didn't blow that much (although all the time, but not just as strong).

I simply HATE (watch my furious avatar) when Brazil plays that slowmotion sort of game. Waiting the ball simply fall perfectly onto one's foot. That's why I like watching European teams playing football, that frenesi come and go, here and there - stamina flowing at fast pace, much more stuff happening.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jun 2010, 11:54

Brazil are getting criticism at home in the papers, I see. Lack of creativity etc. I guess they have a point, but Dunga doesn't want his players to dance around like ballet dancers. Dunga wants to win.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Jun 2010, 16:02

I totally approve Dunga's point of view and his choices of players. However, here, people didn't like much - they wanted some old names as well as Adriano (who's a drunk, for that to say). They say that a killing player is missing. I think that Luis Fabiano was just out of space, didn't find himself during the match.

The game was just as I expected: those who believed Kaka would do all the work got their answer - he's not the whole team. Creativity is really what was missing there, and it's always the same: when Brazil plays against a team that's mostly locked up, it's always this slow...oh, dear.

Now, for the good news: GO, GO, SUIÇA! Good match against Spanish. Now that was an good game!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jun 2010, 16:56

Spain lose 1-0, that ought to rattle some things up.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Campfire”