A few newbie questions

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Teaboar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Teaboar » 01 Jun 2010, 16:59

Ojcar wrote: Maybe you can give me a list of those maps you talk about and over time i´ll try some of them, or at least tell me some wich you particularly enjoyed, not made by you. (tell me where to download them also).
I'd be very interested in this also.

PS. It's starting to look a lot like I will never finish my map. It's just too time consuming. Maybe if I try to work on it for 30 minutes a day I might be able to finish it eventually. :P

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 04 Jun 2010, 12:43

Salamandre, that's just wrong. :D

Skeeve
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skeeve » 04 Jun 2010, 17:24

Ojcar wrote: ...what i like about wog is the possibility to enhance traditional Heroes 3.
Same here! Everytime I play a standard HOMM3 map, I wogify it. After a few minutes of playing, if I Wogified with too many rules options that affect gameplay, then I start over and Wogify with less options. I like the fact that WOG allows you to save your rules preferences. I created 3 main preference files:
1) No-Effect on Gameplay
2) Moderate Effect on Gameplay
3) Game-Complexion Changing Rules!

#1 only has a few minor enhancements that I consider a must, such as the Buy-All troops button. It doesn't affect the gameplay, but is a huge convenience, saving many, many time consuming mouse clicks.
#2 has a lot of fun stuff, but no commanders or stack experience.
#3 is an all out game-changing experience. (Actually, I pretty rarely use this - maybe because it's just too complex, I don't know) :|

Ojcar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ojcar » 04 Jun 2010, 17:37

For me there are some essential basic rules all maps i play have to have: stack experience, commanders, henchmen, 10 skills, neutral creature stacks growing 10% each week, upgradeable town in income and creatures, mithril and mithril upgrades, and creature dwellings and neutral town increasing number of guards (also in stack experience).

I choose many more, but those are essential for me to really enjoy the game, that´s why i discarded many good looking non-wogifiable maps because some, or all of those essential options were disabled and i felt like i wasn´t playing MY Heroes 3 that i like so much.

Skeeve
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skeeve » 04 Jun 2010, 18:56

Wow, you really use a lot of the advanced features.

I've found that some of the user-made maps are either too easy when wogified with the options you mentioned, or downright impossible.

For example: The Cumulative Guards option can make some maps impossible because the author designed the map based on the original no-growth. On the other hand, sometimes the Cumulative Growth of Creatures-in-Dwellings option makes it "All too Easy" as Darth Vader once said...

Ojcar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ojcar » 04 Jun 2010, 19:32

I don´t really care about that. But for me external dwellings without cumulative growth of recruits render them useless, and that´s a fact when i see level 8 town creatures dwellings cannot acumulate creatures, so i never use them (supreme archangels and the rest).

I get a map, without caring about it´s author intention further as i lurk download sites... and wogify it.

Ramdomness and the unexpected. If it´s hard, it´s hard, if it´s easy, easy. IF it´s fun, it´s fun, if it´s boring, to the garbage can sooner.

My wog options usually give me the challenges and fun searched so no problem with them.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Jun 2010, 20:06

Ojcar wrote: I get a map, without caring about it´s author intention further as i lurk download sites... and wogify it.
We figured that.

Ojcar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ojcar » 04 Jun 2010, 20:32

Salamandre wrote:
Ojcar wrote: I get a map, without caring about it´s author intention further as i lurk download sites... and wogify it.
We figured that.
any problem with it? , why you use "we", you have multiple personalities? :)

Return to “Wake of Gods”