Can I reverse the effects of Cartographer?

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
InfernalBrute
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Can I reverse the effects of Cartographer?

Unread postby InfernalBrute » 16 May 2010, 23:26

I was curious about the effects of the Cartographer, so I paid the 1000 gold fee, and the entire map is revealed.

But as they say, be careful what you wish for, and because of my carelessness, the AI turns is a lot longer now.

This is because previously, I only saw 25% of the overland map and 0% of the underdark. So the 7 other AIs flew by quickly, but now that I see all the map, I am forced to watch each hero move around and do its own business, thus the wait time increases.

I can always alt-tab and wait 20-30 secs for the extra large map and 7 AI to finish, but I would like to go back to my 5 secs wait if possible :D

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 16 May 2010, 23:57

You could always pop up the game menu and speed up the AI movement if it bothers you. Myself, I like to see what they're doing in advance. I study them and keep a mental note of where they've been and where they're going next.

InfernalBrute
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby InfernalBrute » 17 May 2010, 00:22

Ah, I see, thanks. In the game menu there is the do not show enemy movement option. Back to 5 secs AI turn :)

Man this game is REALLY well polished, from the flavor of each town, to the cool monster animation, music, sound effects, even the interface and game options is top notch, and WoG even improved on that with new gameplay elements.

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 20 May 2010, 11:45

InfernalBrute wrote:Man this game is REALLY well polished, from the flavor of each town, to the cool monster animation, music, sound effects, even the interface and game options is top notch, and WoG even improved on that with new gameplay elements.
And that's the reason why people are still playing it.

Return to “Wake of Gods”