MM 6/7/8 Total Remake

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 Apr 2010, 19:49

Ck-NoSFeRaTU wrote:Who both? Feaerenil and Nomad? IMHO It's the same person. :-)
I've thinked so but now I feel confused.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 27 Apr 2010, 20:07

There was some problem registering Nomad at Castle Gobs back in 2007.

Mattard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mattard » 03 May 2010, 10:57

This thread seems... questionable.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 03 May 2010, 14:59

Ask your questions, then :)

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 04 May 2010, 03:15

Nomad wrote:Ask your questions, then :)
Man, is that possible for adding new feature such as everyone can hold almost anything rather than have skill for that.

Like Diablo game, an Sorcerer can hold an axe, an sword, an spear but they are just as not as effective as an paladin or amazon, barbarian.

It means everyone has their special skill in holding different weapon.

It odd when you have to need a skill to hold just a metal or wood stick.

We can make new game has different style (like a new enhance version of MM6 with new breath).

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 04 May 2010, 18:55

That's not Diablo.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 05 May 2010, 23:07

ah u r trollin me, man :D

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 08 May 2010, 19:46

Maybe it would be fine to fix "Guardian Angel" issue, i.e. to make it return to the last visited temple, not to New Sorpigal.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 May 2010, 11:06

There's no Guardian Angel in MM7 :)
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Re: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake

Unread postby tolich » 13 May 2010, 18:01

GrayFace wrote:There's no Guardian Angel in MM7 :)
Nomad wrote:I am working for a project on a decompilation, reconstruction, upgrading and tuning of Might and Magic 6/7/8 engine.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: MM 6/7/8 Total Remake

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 13 May 2010, 19:31

tolich wrote:
GrayFace wrote:There's no Guardian Angel in MM7 :)
Nomad wrote:I am working for a project on a decompilation, reconstruction, upgrading and tuning of Might and Magic 6/7/8 engine.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 29 May 2010, 08:48

I think Energy magic should come back as a school and an elemental type in Might and Magic 6-8

Might and Magic 4 - 5 had...
Fire, Cold, Electricity, Poison, Energy and Magic Resistances

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 May 2010, 08:12

Energy is already in the game. You just can't resist it.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 06 Jun 2010, 20:45

There are two people working on a project from this moment on!
Work now goes twice as fast :)

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 12 Jun 2010, 19:18

Together with my new partner we've managed to get minimap operational, whee!

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 13 Jun 2010, 12:26

Glad to hear that Nomad!
Good luck in your endeavor. ;)

Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bowerbank » 13 Jun 2010, 17:03

Good luck to you :) saw this on the castle gobs forum a while ago, I take my hat off to all developers and modders involved with the might and magic community.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 02 Jul 2010, 07:52

I don't even pretend to understand all the tech talk in here, but am I correct in assuming that this project would make it possible to play MM6 with the skills, classes and so on introduced in MM7? (Obviously further modding would be needed to add trainers for the new skills, etc.) Rather like Infinity Engine modders have now made it possible to play the original Baldur's Gate in the BGII engine.

And, would some minor interface improvements be possible? Things like:
  • Ability to go to a character's spellbook directly from their inventory (and vice versa)
    Ability to go directly from one character's spellbook to another's, provided both characters are currently able to take an action
    (In fact, ideally, the spellbook should be a sixth tab in the inventory.)
    Keyboard shortcuts for choosing options when interacting with NPCs
    A way to throw away an item in inventory that doesn't involve leaving the inventory screen
    When you right-click on an unidentified item, the character who is best at identifying things among those currently conscious (not necessarily the character currently selected) tries to identify it
    When you right-click on a broken item, the character who is best at repairing things among those currently conscious (not necessarily the character currently selected) tries to fix it
If these sorts of ease-of-use changes could be implemented, that alone would be enough to earn my eternal gratitude, let alone anything substantially new that comes out of this.

(I wish I could do more than make suggestions but I am useless at coding; tried to learn it and never had the patience. I could do things like write the needed extra dialogue, I suppose.)

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 02 Jul 2010, 11:25

jeffh
Hello there.
am I correct in assuming that this project would make it possible to play MM6 with the skills, classes and so on introduced in MM7? (Obviously further modding would be needed to add trainers for the new skills, etc.) Rather like Infinity Engine modders have now made it possible to play the original Baldur's Gate in the BGII engine.
Yes, it will be possible to play MM6 with the skills, classes and so on introduced in both MM7 and MM8. It would be like Baldur's Gate 4-in-one-games, Might and Magic 6-7-8 all-in-one.
Ability to go to a character's spellbook directly from their inventory (and vice versa)
That can be quite easily done.
Ability to go directly from one character's spellbook to another's, provided both characters are currently able to take an action
(In fact, ideally, the spellbook should be a sixth tab in the inventory.)
Yes
Keyboard shortcuts for choosing options when interacting with NPCs
That one is easy to implement too.
A way to throw away an item in inventory that doesn't involve leaving the inventory screen
Yep
When you right-click on an unidentified item, the character who is best at identifying things among those currently conscious (not necessarily the character currently selected) tries to identify it
When you right-click on a broken item, the character who is best at repairing things among those currently conscious (not necessarily the character currently selected) tries to fix it
Yes and yes :)

If these sorts of ease-of-use changes could be implemented, that alone would be enough to earn my eternal gratitude, let alone anything substantially new that comes out of this.
Those are just the minor changes planned to gameplay. When it's done, any change to the game interface/logic/appearance that you can think of would be possible to implement.
(I wish I could do more than make suggestions but I am useless at coding; tried to learn it and never had the patience. I could do things like write the needed extra dialogue, I suppose.)
2D/3D artists, writers and all who can help are also wanted. maybe a little bit laters, on the next stage of the peoject developement, but I think each and every willing person will be able to help when time comes :)

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 05 Jul 2010, 12:12

Can you tell what program did you use to disassemble the executable?

Return to “Might and Magic”