MM7Rev4modR1, messenger of the saints

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
brunyon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7Rev4modR1, messenger of the saints

Unread postby brunyon » 18 Sep 2008, 22:01

I am working on the quest he gave me and I can not seem to find scroll 3, and I have the quest to find the coding wizard existence but I have no clue where to start

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

more spoilers

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 18 Sep 2008, 22:45

Scrolls--2 in Harmondale, 1 in Tularean Forest, 1 in Erathia, 1 in Tatalia, 1 in Barrow Downs. The ones not in Harmondale are in approximately the center of each map, and show up blue if you have expert level Wizard Eye. The one in the Barrow Downs is the best guarded (shudder). Just look for the very worst place to be on the overland map.

Coding Wizard--look for Lord Godwinson first, where the Arcomage questgiver used to be in Harmondale. If you already talked to him, visit the Lady in the Inn on Evenmorn Island.

brunyon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brunyon » 19 Sep 2008, 00:47

Thank you I was going a bit insane, I am horrible with riddles and clues

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 19 Sep 2008, 20:21

I'm pretty crummy with puzzles, too. I had to look here and on some other boards to solve certain problems, such as how to access the second floor of Castle Harmondale.

Once you get all six scrolls, you may still not know what to do with them (I was stumped). The answer to that might be further back in the original Rev4 mod thread; if not, just ask here.

brunyon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brunyon » 19 Sep 2008, 21:02

I was able to find where that quest ended but now I can't find the Panoply, these new quest logs are kind of vauge

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 20 Sep 2008, 05:07

Ummm, actually I can't remember how you enter that dungeon (it's been awhile since I played through the first time). Perhaps someone else here could help?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 20 Sep 2008, 11:28

brunyon wrote:I was able to find where that quest ended but now I can't find the Panoply, these new quest logs are kind of vauge
If you are talking about the second promotion given by th messenger of the saints on Harmondable castle, you have to teleport to emerald island(you need the emerald island, then on your first character iventory an YOU must go to bracada desert, to the teleport in front of the stables). then you have to teleport with a well there in emerald, but I don't remenber if you needed a key or something.
EDIT: I load a save when I finished the mod, and see that you need the emerald isle key to teleport form bracada to emerald island. However, I still don't remenber what do you have to do to teleport to wromthranks cave... ;|

brunyon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brunyon » 20 Sep 2008, 15:18

entered the cave and got the blue dragon's key didn't find the Panoply in the cave and the key i think opened a chest in the castle and it had the modder's precious

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 20 Sep 2008, 20:30

I forgot to say that you have to find a set of uber items(like a helmet that gives 500 of health ;) ). then, with all the items in the inventory you talk with the messenger of the saints and you should finish the promotion quest.
EDIT: I forgot to say that the items, when you equipped them, the are invisible, and to ''recover'' them you need to equip other item.

brunyon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brunyon » 22 Sep 2008, 02:32

wow i was looking for an actual panoply thanks for the help guys I will have to replay this mod and see how I do with out tons of help

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Apr 2010, 10:44

Where is the second scroll in Harmondale? I found 1 on the road, near the fort. My solo Paladin needs an upgrade.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 04 Apr 2010, 07:47

Variol wrote:Where is the second scroll in Harmondale? I found 1 on the road, near the fort. My solo Paladin needs an upgrade.
As I remember, Harmondale angel (messenger) himself gived me one of the scrolls. But I'm not sure - may be angel gived a scroll with any another info. My second version - You'll find this scroll somethere in Barrows - in the Barrow with coordinates about 0-0.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Keys to Emerald & Evenmorn Isles

Unread postby Mn » 04 Apr 2010, 08:17

After you finished Couriers quest you'll take Emerald Isle key as a reward.
Another you needs key (to Evenmorn) You'll find in a chest in Evenmorn location - so you must travel here at least one time by boat after obtaining the map (Clerics promoution, such as in original MM7).

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Apr 2010, 15:57

How is the message in scrolls decoded BTW?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Apr 2010, 16:39

GrayFace wrote:How is the message in scrolls decoded BTW?
Go to the download site (mediafire). Look in the directory "MM7Rev4mod". You'll find a PDF file that provides an answer to your query.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Apr 2010, 06:23

Wow! I was sure Basic Cryptography was there for these scrolls.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

terabyte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby terabyte » 20 Jun 2012, 18:51

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
GrayFace wrote:How is the message in scrolls decoded BTW?
Go to the download site (mediafire). Look in the directory "MM7Rev4mod". You'll find a PDF file that provides an answer to your query.

BDJ
Hello, I wasn't able to locate that directory...
I have all of the scrolls and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do next.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 21 Jun 2012, 00:03

Spoiler Below:

Go way north from the south city of Deja all the way toward the coastline. There is an angel wandering around on the cliff above the coast. He is much easier to spot using wizard eye (will be a green dot) and flying around.

terabyte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby terabyte » 21 Jun 2012, 15:59

*mind blown*
I would have never gotten that, thanks!

Return to “Might and Magic”