Heroes 1 magic spells

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nutman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 1 magic spells

Unread postby nutman » 29 Mar 2010, 07:21

Gidday, do I need to revisit my castle to refresh my spells?
cheers
Nutman

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 29 Mar 2010, 07:28

You do indeed, only in H1 though. Without refreshing, you can cast them as many times as your Knowledge skill.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 23 Apr 2010, 17:56

And it only refreshes the spells in THAT castle.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 Apr 2010, 18:31

I always found that this "spell refreshing" magic system was bizarre to say the least, and completely out of touch with the rest of the Might and Magic series.

I bought HoMM1 when it came out in 1995 and right before HoMM2 came out, me and my roommate played a lot of multiplayer HoMM1 games and we talked about what we'd like improved in the sequel; we successfully predicted these three things: 1) a MP based magic system 2) marketplaces 3) an undead faction with skeletons, zombies and vampires.

And I remember we did find it cheesy that the castle's main turret was undestructible. Just ONE gargoyle defender could kill zillions of slower walkers, if the attacking hero didn't have any more attack spells.

We didn't predict the other cool things added in H2 though, such as the secondary skill system, unit upgrades, and the wizard faction & Titans.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”