Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Mar 2010, 00:14

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:
My mom. Go talk to her about the position.
Pay for my trip there and i will...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 Mar 2010, 07:14

Kalah wrote:Mila, do you ever have nightmares like these?
Haha no :lolu:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2010, 19:21

It's Easter holiday here. A whole week of doing as little as possible. :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Mar 2010, 09:00

I have a week and a half :D Then I have one day of school, then four days off. How're we supposed to ever learn anything? :rolleyes:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Mar 2010, 16:14

You can do what I do - bring work home. ;)

I'm looking for a new car ... guess I'll buy it before the end of the year, when the market is favourable since the sellers want to make a sale before the new year's taxes have to be counted.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Mar 2010, 13:30

I went shopping for clothes today, seeing as I discovered that most of the clothes I have are quite worn. I haven't been shopping for at least a year ...

So, I went into this chain store and went completely ape; got 3 jeans, half a dozen shirts and some boxers as well. Normally, the cost of all this would have been $480 (2.741 Norwegian crowns). Since I took advantage of various sales and 3-for-the-price-of-two offers, however, I ended up paying only $156 (897 Norwegian crowns) - just a third of the original price. :D

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 30 Mar 2010, 21:02

I deepfried some chicken today. Never did that before. Tasted great :)
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Mar 2010, 23:14

Food thread, Mila, food thread. And tell us more about it. Was it a whole chicken? :)

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 31 Mar 2010, 02:14

Kalah wrote:Since I took advantage of various sales and 3-for-the-price-of-two offers, however, I ended up paying only $156 (897 Norwegian crowns) - just a third of the original price. :D
Pretty much everything we buy is on sale or has a coupon (or both). If you pay full price in this country, you aren't trying (or are rich and don't care).
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 31 Mar 2010, 08:24

I am going to work today and I really don't wanna cause it's Easter and I wanna do a whole bunch of other stuff. On the other hand, I need the money, so I have to go....
:disagree: I hate money.
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 31 Mar 2010, 14:13

Kristo wrote:Pretty much everything we buy is on sale or has a coupon (or both). If you pay full price in this country, you aren't trying (or are rich and don't care).
But that would mean that everything is grossly overpriced originally (else nobody would make any money). Shocking.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Mar 2010, 14:51

Yeah, much like south east Asia; the tailors in Singapore charge you four times the price they want, so they'll still make money after you haggle them down.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 31 Mar 2010, 16:28

I'm referring to the large retail and grocery stores that sell thousands of items. The other thing is that I live in a rather large city. There are three major grocery stores within a few miles of my house. They're each constantly having sales on different items to try to entice you away from the other two. If you only buy what's on sale at each store, you stand to do very well. For example, we've purchased 10 boxes of cereal from one place when they were on sale. They don't go bad very quickly, and we saved over $1 per box.

And since I've been a city boy my entire life, I'm completely clueless about whether this is possible in rural areas.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 31 Mar 2010, 18:32

Less people means less stores and more driving to get to the possible bargains, so guessing not viable (drive 30 km to save 10 $, yay?).
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 31 Mar 2010, 21:33

"Man, I hope that cinema was real dark - cause holy crap is he ugly!!" - quote from one girlfriend of mine to her girlfriend, who had just been on a date and showed a picture of the guy around..

:rofl:
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Mar 2010, 21:36

I haven't been out of the house all day, I promise ...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2010, 07:15

Kalah wrote:I haven't been out of the house all day, I promise ...

And he has the smell to prove it...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Apr 2010, 10:27

I started playing Magic: the Gathering with some friends last Saturday and when we went to a random café to have a drink and play, we stumbled upon the local MtG club. The coincidence surprised all of us :rofl:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2010, 13:43

There is no coincidence, the MtG Gods are stalking you...

Did i mention i went to a MtG tournament in Belgium?! There's nothing more amusing then seeing two under 12 year olds shame a bunch of nerds...

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Apr 2010, 13:51

Did you play? :P
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Return to “Campfire”