Alcohol Infused Goodness

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Feb 2010, 16:23

This week, although I wasn't at work, I popped in with a bottle of Jägermeister and set it up for the weekly "wine lottery". I brought out the tickets and the balls used for the draw, and signed myself up for one of the tickets as well, just to get the thing rolling. I then had an e-mail sent out to the others, telling them that the lottery was on even though I wouldn't be able to perform it myself. Everything was ready, all they had to do was buy tickets and do the draw while I was away.

Checking the e-mail, I just got the message that I won it ... :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Feb 2010, 02:08

Did anyone here knew I like beer and Jäger?
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 30 Mar 2010, 01:01

Yellow Tail Riesling and Cabernet recently. Riesling was better, but for $5 a bottle, I can't complain.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Mar 2010, 13:06

My family had Selbach Riesling (Trocken) for the shellfish party a while back, and it was a huge hit. Everybody liked it. I bought some for myself and for the wine lottery at work as well; touted it as an excellent wine for all kinds of seafood.

Just heard that it got 91 points from a national newspaper's testers - I love it when people agree with me (especially when I reached the conclusion first. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 Mar 2010, 01:51

An old hippie friend of mine dropped by some homemade cherry brandy. Needless to say I drank the whole bottle in one setting, I wish I could say I felt bad for doing it, but I don't. The smoothest pass out I can recall in a long time.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 31 Mar 2010, 07:09

A couple of days ago I paid a visit to my civilian service mate who lives in a small flat in downtown Helsinki. We spent the evening together in the good company of rose wine and red wine, and in the end came to empty one bottle each in what could be described in Heroes terms as a "co-operation mode" to the best meaning of the word. Perhaps not surprisingly what followed was the most "floating" conversation ever about his recent doings and my involvement in a friend's music project in which I served as one of his lyricists. The whole thing was over just before 1 am with me more or less firmly riding in a taxi on my way back home.

Here's the "best" part. All this took place not long after a company doctor had told me that I will come to seriously damage my health and quite possible destroying myself and those around me if I stayed stubborn and refused to lay off the booze. Once again... Hooray for me.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2010, 07:17

Have a fun downward spiral into self-destruction man... it's the only way to go.

Wait, you did become famous, right?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 07 May 2010, 13:49

ThunderTitan wrote:Have a fun downward spiral into self-destruction man... it's the only way to go.

Wait, you did become famous, right?

I am a semi-legendary figure already.

I drink, gamble, act, write lyrics (for a solo artist friend of mine), make maps for Heroes III, plan to engage in national level politics, oppose the United States of Europe, and am currently in the care of two doctors, one of them being Psychiatrist and the other the aforementioned company doctor.

Oh well if I'm going down I'm doing it with style. Care to join me?
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 07 May 2010, 18:21

Quiz: what's most appropriate to drink while watching Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl?

Foster's :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 May 2010, 08:08

Yurian Stonebow wrote:

I am a semi-legendary figure already.

I drink, gamble, act, write lyrics (for a solo artist friend of mine), make maps for Heroes III, plan to engage in national level politics, oppose the United States of Europe, and am currently in the care of two doctors, one of them being Psychiatrist and the other the aforementioned company doctor.

Oh well if I'm going down I'm doing it with style. Care to join me?
Shrinks and doctors go together don't they?
Reminds me of a lyric by George Thorogood:

"Last night I got invited to a party
But I stayed home instead
With my good friend Johnnie Walker
And His brothers Black and Red....."

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 08 May 2010, 10:52

When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.

And if Johnnie causes you any trouble, there's always the law firm of Jack, Jim, and Jose. I hear they can be quite helpful. ;)
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jun 2010, 12:56

It'll be a big bottle of Baileys for the lottery this week, along with a bottle of Cuarenta y tres and a Californian rosé. Emptied the lottery till since it's the end of the year.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Feb 2012, 00:08

I've stumbled over a fairly cheap, but quite nice bottle from Ventoux called Beauvalière. Soft, not too sour, quite tasty. :)

ValeriaPatel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ValeriaPatel » 10 Apr 2012, 11:16

I must confess, I'm a drunkard :) My friends say I really drink a lot and should slow down a little. I don't drink now though cause I'm on my pills. Don't wnt to see nasty side effects so I'm sober

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 11 Apr 2012, 12:46

I was impressed by some J. Lohr Cabernet this weekend. It was quite good and only $10 a bottle.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Apr 2012, 02:31

Yurian Stonebow wrote:and in the end came to empty one bottle each in what could be described in Heroes terms as a "co-operation mode" to the best meaning of the word.
I'm confused. Is this some kind of nerdy HoMM speak for "we had sex"?

Oh, wait, was this a male friend?

Er.. then again, not that there's anything wrong with...

Ah, ok. :embarrased:

I'll be going now.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Apr 2012, 19:12

Bought a case of assorted wine today. Yummy.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Dec 2012, 23:26

Got myself several bottles of -09 Bordeaux, a really good year for this district, when I was down i Brussels. Gonna try one or two this Christmas :yummy: and store the rest.

Right now I'm having a simple Montepulciano called Trerose. Not bad.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Dec 2012, 23:53

Well my kegerator has a keg of Samuel Adams Winter Lager in it. Not to bad for a domestic beer. :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jul 2013, 19:55

Found a big bottle of Belgian beer in the cooler, left over from my Belgium trip. I don't normally like beer (too bitter), but this was quite mild, so it's all right. Blanche Namur (Bière sur Lie) is the name.

Return to “Campfire”