Worst game you have ever played

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
DaveO
Demon
Demon

Worst game you have ever played

Unread postby DaveO » 06 Apr 2006, 23:23

Ok, gamers let's have some fun here and post the worst game you ever played and why it's so bad.

I might as well start the fun by my nomination for Descent to Undermountain. For those that played DTU, it was a game based off the famous Descent engine. The game graphics were pretty pixelated, and slain monsters sometimes levitated after they were killed. I also remember a number of bugs with this game that caused problems with the player character or unsolveable quests. I actually managed to finish this game in spite of the huge drawbacks. :ashamed:
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Apr 2006, 00:31

I played a lot of crap in the past and fortunately forgot about most of it, but one of the most memorable experience has to be Outpost by Sierra. The first CD-ROM game I bought during the early 90s, it was basically a collection of computer animation tied to a confusing and boring SimCityinSpace-like "game". To say that the game was incomplete was an understatement as, if I remember correctly, some of the features mentionned the box were not even in the game. To think that I paid over $70 for that P.O.S. ...

I'm going to move this thread to the new Other Game Forum tomorrow.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Apr 2006, 02:06

Now let me think … the worst game I ever played … Crusaders of Might & Magic comes to mind but maybe just because I was so dissappointed in its quality.

I've played quite a few horrible games, but usually I don't finish them because it used to be that you could get a refund if you bought a game & returned it within three days of purchase. I thought King's Quest VII was hideous, especially after KQ V & VI.

Another wretched game I remember was Ultima IX. That game was pretty bad. I returned it before I got past the first quest; but somehow, the installation messed up some of the other applications on my computer. For quite a while after installing Ultima IX, the Autorun on my CD player wouldn't work anymore. I had to commandeer a friend to help me to get it started up again.

I'll bet if I searched the cavernous recesses of my closets & shelves, I'd probably find some old games that the memories of would cause me to get the shakes. :scared:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Apr 2006, 08:14

RAII was my worst game until recently.EEII took that title without any effort.I couldve made a better game myself on my old commodore! :disagree:

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 07 Apr 2006, 09:13

HoMM III

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Apr 2006, 09:21

Justice wrote:HoMM III
Thats a joke,right?You misstyped the number at the end?I mean it wasnt perfect,but the worst?Far,far,FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from it!

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 07 Apr 2006, 09:42

:devious:

more seriously, I don't remember the worste game i played... I tend to deete them and forget everything about them.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2006, 10:36

So you people actualy recall them? I honestly got nothing.

The closest thing is Heroes 4 before patch 1.3. That was painful. Doubly so because I actualy gave 40$ for it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Apr 2006, 12:14

ThunderTitan wrote:So you people actualy recall them? I honestly got nothing.

The closest thing is Heroes 4 before patch 1.3. That was painful. Doubly so because I actualy gave 40$ for it.
Well,something so highly expected,yet so dissapointing like EEII cannot be forgoten,unfortunatelly.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Apr 2006, 12:16

Certainly not the worst game I've played, but the end of KotOR 2 just made me so disappointed: no coherence, and a very small sense of epicness. You just run around in that academy and kill Dark Jedi until you run into the two bosses. :disagree:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2006, 13:26

Cain, threath not, there is hope: http://team-gizka.org/
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Apr 2006, 14:28

Hmm... Hard to remember... Probably because I can tell if I like a game or not from the beginning, and then act accordingly (continue/stop playing). The one that I can (partly) remember right now is a very badly done RPG whose name I forgot.

BTW, shouldn't this be moved to the recently opened Hall of the Heretics?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 07 Apr 2006, 14:44

Definitely not the worst, but a recent one which really disappointed me was the new Wolfenstein. Now, I'm not a FPS maven by any means, but after playing a couple of really, really good FPS (Unreal, Halo, Metroid Prime), I was very disappointed by this one. It just.... sucked.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Apr 2006, 15:43

ThunderTitan wrote:Cain, threath not, there is hope: http://team-gizka.org/
Cool. Maybe I'll get to see areal ending some day.

Oh, and thread moved. Shadow topic will be deleted sometime tomorrow.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 07 Apr 2006, 15:59

Corribus wrote:Definitely not the worst, but a recent one which really disappointed me was the new Wolfenstein. Now, I'm not a FPS maven by any means, but after playing a couple of really, really good FPS (Unreal, Halo, Metroid Prime), I was very disappointed by this one. It just.... sucked.
Give me the original Wolfenstein 3D anyday. :hoo:
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Apr 2006, 16:11

Vlad976 wrote:
Corribus wrote:Definitely not the worst, but a recent one which really disappointed me was the new Wolfenstein. Now, I'm not a FPS maven by any means, but after playing a couple of really, really good FPS (Unreal, Halo, Metroid Prime), I was very disappointed by this one. It just.... sucked.
Give me the original Wolfenstein 3D anyday. :hoo:
I don't think the original Wolf 3D was bad at all, considering when it was released. I remember having lots of fun with the game, actually.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2006, 16:22

I remember it making me sick...

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 07 Apr 2006, 16:31

I didn't say it was bad. I'd take it over the recent edition any day.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 07 Apr 2006, 17:51

Celtic Kings, Outlive (Demo) and Fallout (Demo)
Are the worst games i can recall :tired:
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 08 Apr 2006, 04:25

DaemianLucifer wrote:EEII took that title without any effort.I couldve made a better game myself on my old commodore! :disagree:
True! I've wrote a review about it at GameFAQ if you would like to know of my opinion.

Terrible! Just Terrible!!! It'll be 50% better if the game doesn't lack at all, even 1 vs 1 SinglePlayer.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”