Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Break

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 31 Jul 2009, 18:58

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/680

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 31 Jul 2009, 18:58

The freebie units you get are so good in this scenario that, IMO, the best spell you can have going in is ANIMATE DEAD. If you get some lucky joins, or if you can hit the Skeleton obelisk or Ghost towers, or even just have a stack of damage-soaking zombies join you, you can pass the nastier stacks with your precious units intact. By this time, Ylaya will probably have and continue to develop a deep enough Mana Pool to raise units well. On my first run, I got ~26 zombies. On my second run, I got 59 ghosts!

Dstr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dstr » 13 Mar 2010, 23:10

very very easy mission indeed, even on heroic... after taking all the stats from the first mission and completing the secondary task (+13 attack and +5 defense I think, that's the reward)

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Jun 2010, 18:25

Grail Quest, I think you're doing this on normal. On harder difficulties the join units are worse. Overall mission is still easy, though.

hprwhg12
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hprwhg12 » 02 Apr 2014, 01:45

2.1 Heroic

First off is there a secret in this mission. At the end of the first road next to the skirmishers guarding some gold. There is a group of trees. My movement ended standing tin these trees and at the beginning of my next turn. A message popped up saying "I see something strange in the bushes. Do I care to look? " I am given the choice of okay or cancel. If I chose okay I get a message saying" It must have been a mirage. Nothing is here," and if I hit cancel nothing happens. What is this all about?

Nothing joined me in previous mission to help with Druids, so I built an Attack heavy Ylaya and after doing secondary quest I had 29 Attack 9 defense 13 power and 6 Knowledge with Intelligence giving 90 mana. I took tarot cards for this mission and now have 7 giving 105.

Maybe because my attack was so high, but every stack of scouts but the first joined me in this one. I had 71 scouts, 4 Blood Furies, 6 Blood Maidens, and 40 skeletons to defeat the Earth Elemental and the Garrison before leaving first area. I won with no losses vs. Earth Elemantal and only skeletons vs. Garrison.

The second area every neutral Dungeon troop joined me, except the 1 pile ofDark Raiders and 1 Blood Furies. But I did get 118 2nd tier Inferno troops to join me as well.. I had 220 scouts(split), 86 Blood maidens(split), 89 Minotaur, 118 Inferno tier two, and 4 Blood Furies. Lost nothing in entire second area or to its Garrison.

The third area was a breeze. I lost nothing and only gained. Only time I lost anything was the last Garrison and it was the last battle so was not worried. I just don't remember having so many neutrals join when I last played. Esp. all the scouts. Lets see if my attack build helps in next mission.

TheMeInTeam
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheMeInTeam » 02 Apr 2015, 05:38

Grail quests suggestion of raise dead, if you have it, is good. If you have good power you can pick up the undead troops and use only them in some otherwise tough battles and then replenish your losses at the end. I didn't bother though. I was pretty underbuilt for this one, only basic destruction at the start, advanced logistics, but if your unit micro I can't envision winning the last map and then having problems here, even on heroic. I don't have empowered spells or luck (destructive/logistics/attack/war machines/sorcery, some not too advanced yet) but still busted the final garrison way early after picking up all the stat bonuses on this and previous missions (absent the 1st mission quest reward due to a bug). Since I have expert logs I'll probably just rush the next one out so I don't struggle too much.

Serghey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

2.1 - Hard

Unread postby Serghey » 22 Jul 2016, 11:51

I've just started replaying the whole H5 series. I don't like what happened to the game after Nival stopped working on it, so, being a big fan of Heroes III, Heroes V is the closest to it, maybe even surpasses it in my opinion. Anyway, enough about my nostalgia, just wanted to say, that in the second area of the map, there is a group of minotaurs that will always join you as far as I remeber (in my case there were 44). With another 10 hired from the buildings (54) I've passed the garisson only losing half of them and not deploying anything else on the battlefield. My blood maidens would have suffered heavy losses from the assasins most likely (and my scouts as well). My Ylaya looked like this at that specific moment : att. 26 (with +4 from artifact), def. 14, spell. 11, kow. 9 (+1 from artifact). Only had basic destructive so far + secrets of destruction (learned empowered spells and had circle of winter).

Return to “Articles”