Randomness - vol. IV

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Feb 2010, 15:58

I've been so good the last three weeks that I've racked up more than 40 hours of school-based practice for the teacher's school programme. The requirement is 32 hours in 4 weeks. Meaning: I don't have to go there the entire fourth week; I'm already done! :-D

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 Feb 2010, 16:39

Sure Valla wrote:Just a sitting in the train and go back after the ride is down?

Or are you going to do something at your end destination :D
Stopping along the way, meeting new people, then getting there, travelling around a bit, meeting new people, then coming back the same way.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 13 Feb 2010, 17:43

Interesting ;)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Feb 2010, 21:56

Really?

I took a drive just now, and when I came back, that nice robot in the kitchen, calling itself "the stove", had made me nachos. :yummy:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 14 Feb 2010, 13:00

robots :D
Last edited by Sure Valla on 18 Apr 2013, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 14 Feb 2010, 14:44

Not really random, but definitely not pointless or funny to go in the other thread. Some of you may have seen it already, but for the rest it's a must see:

The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 14 Feb 2010, 15:13

I loved her speech. Really nice rhetorics there. I liked the part where she said adults teach kids no to do this or that, and yet adults do exactly what they discourage.
I'd say things have changed since then, but I also think that her speech would still be appropriate for today's world.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Feb 2010, 18:54

theLuckyDragon wrote: I'd say things have changed since then, but I also think that her speech would still be appropriate for today's world.
Or like even more appropriate...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Feb 2010, 13:27

It failed to silence me, I had a hard time avoiding to laugh at it. It's just the classic eco-BS rhetoric executed by a child, what certainly adds to the cuteness-factor, but it does not make the message more useful. While the problems, she mentions in the most populist way possible (using the overused think-of-the-children-argument), are real, the solutions are lacking like always.
How about this solution: stop consuming, and THEN convince enough other people to join you. This will make those polluting corporations go out of business: problem solved. After that you only have return to your cave, located in the lush rain forests, also populated by birds, butterflies, and other bloodsucking insects, and try not being eaten by those, now not-so-endangered tigers and bears. But, who am I to only present this obviously false-dilemma? It could turn out a bit better: with a few people keeping all the luxury they are used to, and many others living in rundown shacks, consuming only the necessary that is required to survive the day.
Another nice solution would be to invent useful stuff like the ozone-generator, the pollution-disintegrator, or the nuclear-waste-into-candies-transformer. Go and do some science!
BTW: we are not one big family. The guy, who not only doesn't know my name, but wants to kill me, is not member of my foockin' family!
Also, screw the whales. They are big, gray and boring, just like this speech made by the child (and obviously written by a parent)!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Feb 2010, 13:53

Aah, that's touching, ladies and gentlemen: Vel's first rant of the year. :applause:

Me, I'm off to do some heavy lifting. Yah. Pumping iron etc. Butch, now. B-)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 15 Feb 2010, 14:47

I watched the alpine sniper event at the Olympics yesterday. Who thought of this one? Cross-country skiing is meh, but throw in rifle shooting and then you've really got something. Awesome. :-D
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Feb 2010, 14:53

"Alpine sniper event" is a much better name than "biathlon". :D
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Feb 2010, 15:38

Veldrynus wrote: But, who am I to only present this obviously false-dilemma?
Yes, let us do nothing, that's always better...

How about this solution: stop consuming, and THEN convince enough other people to join you. This will make those polluting corporations go out of business: problem solved. After that you only have return to your cave, located in the lush rain forests, also populated by birds, butterflies, and other bloodsucking insects, and try not being eaten by those, now not-so-endangered tigers and bears.
False dile..whatnow?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 15 Feb 2010, 16:32

I watched it too! :D

I love the Olympics!

Also the acident with the 21 Luger, HORIBLE!
It did ruin the Olympic spirit for me, my friends and my family.
So RIP: Nodar Kumaritashvili.
Last edited by Sure Valla on 18 Apr 2013, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 15 Feb 2010, 17:33

I love school!! It's so awesome! Today, I made a cartoon movie. Coolest class ever! :oex:

I love cheese too. Mmm...
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Feb 2010, 17:41

I trained for a full hour and a half today. Never thought my leg would heal this quickly, but it's really improving. :)

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 15 Feb 2010, 17:55

Seems like the death of the 21 year old man doesn't matter at all :disagree:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 15 Feb 2010, 18:44

If you wanted to discuss it in-depth, use this thread. Also, your links doesn't seem to work.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 16 Feb 2010, 16:19

Ethric wrote:If you wanted to discuss it in-depth, use this thread. Also, your links doesn't seem to work.
Ok i have visited that thread, also posted.
Last edited by Sure Valla on 18 Apr 2013, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Feb 2010, 11:21

Waiting for a file to be sent from our copying machine / scanner to my computer ...

*sings* waitin' on a fiiile ...

Bored, now.

Return to “Campfire”