[MM7] Top 15 favorite spells

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 07 Feb 2010, 08:06

My top:

1. Fly
2. Town Portal
3. Day of Protection
4. Hour of Power
5. Power Cure
6. Invisibility
7. Torch Light
8. Protection from Magic
9. Lloids Beacon
10. Day of the Gods
11. Fire Aura
12. Enchant Item
13. Souldrinker
14. Implosion
15. Heal

Mn
Scout
Scout

My top spells of original MM6 and Mod TCC 1,2

Unread postby Mn » 07 Feb 2010, 09:10

There are no several usual spells (such Regeneration) in MM6 but I'm most like MM5 than MM7. Im pleayed all Two TCC Mods, trainings seemes almoust unlimited (In original MM6 you can train to 200 Level in Ironfist and (not checked myself) unlimited train in Paradise Training) , so my spells list.
1.Day of Protectionm
2. Day of the Gods
3. Hower of power
4. Lloyd's beacon
5. Fly
6. Remove Curse
7/ Cure Desease
8. Cure Paralyze
9. Power cure
10. Cure Weakness
11. Shrapmetal
12. Stars Burst
13. Acid burst
14;.Mass Distorttionn
15. Meteor Shower

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: 15?!?

Unread postby Sure Valla » 07 Feb 2010, 11:19

Mamma Jamma wrote:7: Water Walk
You can't finish the game without it. Period.
lol?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 07 Feb 2010, 13:57

Sure Valla wrote:
lol?
Without this spell active you cannot just walk into water, even being dressed in diving suits and having drunk Water breathing potion. Jumping over coastline is a cheat, a cheat, I say. :D

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 07 Feb 2010, 14:47

tolich wrote:
Sure Valla wrote:
lol?
Without this spell active you cannot just walk into water, even being dressed in diving suits and having drunk Water breathing potion. Jumping over coastline is a cheat, a cheat, I say. :D
I seem to recall being hurt by the water too with the diving suits on. But in my last playthrough this wasn't the case, which was a bit confusing. So now I'm not sure whether or not the diving suits protect you from drowning damage... Maybe it's just that I had grandmaster level regeneration and that regen'd me so fast the water couldn't even hurt me.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 07 Feb 2010, 17:21

They do protect you. Your characters smile while walking on water.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 07 Feb 2010, 17:26

guys........................

There is something called Fly.

And yes, jump is something which is great to use, no cheating at all :-D

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 07 Feb 2010, 18:07

It seems that I have created many "ripples" with the Water Walk spell; not something that I intended...

But here is the deal: there are many versions of MM7 around (languages, etc.), many patches and many systems (PCs, that is). I have heard that the breathing potions don't work properly (happened to me once, forgot which patch, on which computer...). Sometimes, even if you fly (or jump) in the wet-suit and fall on water, you will take damage and drown, unless Water Walk is active (didn't see this one, but a friend of mine complained. Dunno, he may have had a pirate version of MM7). I have known situations where you can't cast spells in wet suit even if on land (for some reason, the game thinks you're underwater). And so on.

If you want more on weird bugs, check Macros' bug with the dropped items: I have played A LOT of mm7, on many systems and never encountered that bug (as most of you, I'm sure), but he did, for some (obscure) reason. Maybe it's just his system; for example it has been reported that computers with >2 GHz processors do give sometimes weird errors (although I don't really believe it; it may well be something else: new computers, video drivers and operating systems don't always "like" old games...).

Here's another one: I tried in vain to make the TCC end video to work on my laptop (tried everything I know); but it works well on a similar laptop that I had for a couple of weeks... Beats me why! And BTW, on that laptop, MM6 wouldn't start unless it was patched (Mok or Grayface, doesn't matter). On my laptop it works just fine even unpatched. Again, beats me why...

My point was that Water Walk works well (as it's supposed to) in any version, with any patch on any system, and you should use it!

Mn
Scout
Scout

Water Walking

Unread postby Mn » 09 Feb 2010, 16:08

You can, of course, use any spells you like, but I'm sure that your "favorite" WW is almost (or at all) weak and no-needed game spell. As You learned Fly the most better is (imho) to use "feather Fall" only, Flying up Water isn't often using thing.

In addition - dont fear to play MM6-7 and their Mods in "newest' comps (In my "two cores" 3GHz processor with almost highest at this time viveo/memory/HDD parameters games under Windows 7 were works fine without any additional troubles).

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: Water Walking

Unread postby Macros the Black » 09 Feb 2010, 19:35

Mn wrote:You can, of course, use any spells you like, but I'm sure that your "favorite" WW is almost (or at all) weak and no-needed game spell. As You learned Fly the most better is (imho) to use "feather Fall" only, Flying up Water isn't often using thing.
Actually I use water walk plenty of times even after getting Fly. I use it because fighting hydra's and water elementals is just alot faster in melee, and it's difficult to fly just an inch above the water so you can hit them. Easier to just cast water walk and walk around on the water then.

But yes, obviously Fly is a better spell. But it's still both got it's seperate uses.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 12 Feb 2010, 09:26

metheor shover + stardust + fly

am fly over enemies which run all under me, then few shoots and all defeat

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 12 Feb 2010, 11:39

koval321 wrote:metheor shover + stardust + fly

Ahh, yes, it's a wonderful thing..

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Feb 2010, 12:50

Yep, such a shame though that by the time you get these spells there are only a few outdoor places left to fight in... In MM6 this beats anything outdoors from Free Haven and onwards. Still, really awesome combination.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 12 Feb 2010, 15:42

You, as I see, dont play TCC-mod(s). There're locations where Fly spell don't works, and even it works, you have very big chance to obtain any scratches (smaller or stronger - You'l know after...) from using Burst or Shower yourlelf. And there are monsters which as you can spell Meteor Shower in Mountains region - your fly don't always saved you from Death (indeed). In originals MM6-7 You'l never (but Eofol Mounts) meet thouse monsters and situations - there are only yours meat - "I'l kill all of them))" - this is no Your heroism, but only game rules. And Titans (not sure of all of them) have fool immunity from Electric (Air) spells - only by Shower you'l kill them. About indoors battles - this is another story...

Socratés
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

My TOP 15

Unread postby Socratés » 07 Aug 2013, 11:14

1/ Wizard Eye :-)
2/ Poison spray (or Sparks) or Bless for mellee parties
3/ Town Portal
4/ Fly (saves a hell of a lot of time and its just a fun in fights etc)
5/ Loyds Beacon
6/ Prismatic Light / SoulDrinker
7/ Day of protection
8/ Hour of power
9/ Regeneration
10/ PowerCure
11/ Berserk (awsome spell but doesnt work all the times, useful in begining till mid games)
12/ Destroy Undead / Dragon Breath
13/ Paralyze / (Shrinking Ray)
14/ Day of Gods
15/ Meteor Shower or Fire Aura/Vampiric Weapon for melleers
16/ Acid Burst (awsome spell) or Fate for mellee parties :-)

(and also Divine Intervention** Telekinesis, Summon Elemental, Protection against Magic**, Jump, IceBolt, Reanimate, Shrapmetal, Dispel Magic, Invisibility***, Implosion, Heal .. :-)

- Spells stated after slash alternate Light spells in necro parties and those in brackets are a just a lil weaker but they are still quite helpful and deserves their position
* Divine Intervention is awsome but after Grand of LightMagic its nearly used
**Prot against Magic is awsome but it just doesnt work as you would expect
***I just dont use it.. (max 2 or 3 times per game)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 07 Aug 2013, 22:01

In order:
Heal
Town Portal
Fly
Protection From Magic
Shrapmetal
Power Cure
Invisibility
Wizard Eye
Lloyd's Beacon
Paralyze
Day of Protection
Dragon Breath
Regeneration
Day of the Gods
Preservation

My early DD spells (Poison Spray, Sparks) aren't really the reason I dump points into them. I just use them because they are on the way to things like Fly, Invisibility, Town Portal, and Lloyd's Beacon.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Aug 2013, 13:13

Hmmm. I will have to think here. MM7 and MM8 have nearly identical spell schools, but some spells work better in the latter and some in the former. I will post a list, but not in order, just fifteen spells.

1. Shrapmetal - I have appreciated this spell only comparatively recently, used to do well without it. But well, this spell that can fell a dragon in a single casting, 'nuff said.

2. Fly - I only move around by flight when I get this spell, it's that important.

3. Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon - make travelling easier beyond comparison

4. Regeneration - In MM7 it's mighty good, probably the best Body spell, beyond even Power Cure. In MM8 it was considerably rebalanced, so it no longer can be relied upon in the heat of battle.

5. Dragon Breath - I love doing over 600 damage with a single spell. Just looks so good.

6. Paralyze - 'Nuff said.

7. Berserk - gives you the feeling of power even if your characters are weak, also guarantees a kill no matter how strong a monster is. There are more opportunities to play around with it in MM8, though.

8. Implosion - An Archer's offensive spell of choice, probably the best direct damage spell someone who's not a Grandmaster can learn.

9. Starburst - amazingly powerful, cleans hordes of monsters out like nothing else. Also has a wonderfully short recovery rate.

10. Invisibility - this basically ALLOWS me to complete most of the game with impunity. Very useful in MM7, not really needed in MM8 where your party's always powerful enough for the job.

11. Armageddon - I love using this spell to hoard experience. It's much better in MM8, though, as monsters don't regain their health until you leave the map - doesn't matter how long you wait and even rest. In MM7, unfortunately, monsters do regain their health when you rest or after 48 hours, so the only way you can clean out Eofol with it is to have three Dark Magic users.

12. Hour of Power - turns even Clerics into offensive behemoths. Why even put points in Mace when you can just dump them into Light Magic and be even more effective?

13. Day of Protection - makes your party nigh-indestructible.

14. Protection from Magic - One of the very most essential spells since the GM rank was introduced. And much more useful in MM7 than 8. Blocking death and eradication is amazing.

15. Preservation - Very, very useful even late into the game, though Regeneration mitigates this a bit. I'd say it's actually a bit more useful in MM8 at the level you usually get it. But not being able to die is always fantastic.

Honorable mentions:

- Souldrinker - all-purpose damage-everything-in-sight spell, and it has nice damage and heals you too. Sweet.

- Enchant Item - then sell it with GM Merchant, ha.

- Heal - Very useful. And can be cast on distant targets, which is cool.

- Heroism - The next best thing after Hour of Power. Great early-game, also the only option for Dark teams.

- Water Walk - very needful

- Summon Wisp (or should I say Light Elemental) - if you like watching others fight for you

- Vampiric Weapon - Who doesn't like free healing upon attacking others?

- Incinerate - Best elemental magic direct damage spell

MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 13 Aug 2013, 16:42

Well, hard to make an exact classification and to choose but here is my list :

1) Invisibility
2) Town Portal
3) Fly
4) Loyd beacon
5) day of the gods
6) day of protection
7) Raise dead
8) protection against magic
9) Mass distortion
10) Starburst
11) power cure
12) Hour of power
13) Rock blast
14) Regeneration
15) Telekinesis

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Aug 2013, 00:03

Wait...people actually use Raise Dead? I thought that is what preservation was for.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Aug 2013, 05:17

Arret wrote:I thought that is what preservation was for.
I thought it doesn't work for Minotaur Lords, Blood Titans, and Ancient Wyverns.

Return to “Might and Magic”