King's Bounty Armored Princess

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Feb 2010, 05:45

Back to basics... it got worse, like when before you give me this link.

Have to mention that my brother managed to install that last "link" for like five times and had almost gave up. ;| Also, I surfed the net a bit and find that this problem occurs to a "decent" number of people.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Feb 2010, 06:57

I guess you'll have to wait for a patch then...

@TT
That's enough Titan. If you have any problem with advocating your off topic post use pm but do not clutter topic any more!
-Pol
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Feb 2010, 07:20

@parcaleste

I'm sure that I do not gave you this link - http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd ... view-test/

Have to mention that my brother managed to install that last "link" for like five times and had almost gave up. dontknow Also, I surfed the net a bit and find that this problem occurs to a "decent" number of people.
Looks like card, well, let see.. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Feb 2010, 08:09

^
Pol wrote:Look for settings in your video driver and try to "simplify" them. Disable unnecessary things. Mostly this is caused by some graphic card future.

Here are also Omega Drivers and DNA drivers at your disposal, they're not so actual but well tuned.

>
http://downloads.guru3d.com/DNA-ATI-Win ... -2080.html
http://downloads.guru3d.com/DNA-ATI-Win ... -2081.html

>
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

As I said myself I have nvidia9300 - integrated ION and it's working fine. Middle speed, stable playable. ;)
parcaleste wrote:I have downloaded this one and it works! :-D :D ... for now. ;|
I think I got there through one of your links? Whatever. Hope that there will be a patch or something at some point. How come this happens only with this game?

@Not tried if "The Legend" runs properly after I upgraded my PC last year, though, hmm...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Feb 2010, 20:48

Topic cleaned, lets continue the (un)heated discussion about insufficiently armored princess. :D

PS@parcaleste
You may also try the game with another card, everything like nvidia 9500 and up or nvidia 210 (but don't buy this, ratio of money-performance is awful here only if you have one already) will do it. Or ATI HD4350, which is rumoured to work with. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Feb 2010, 01:40

Just finished a game with the mage class on normal difficulty. The beginning stages were a little rough due to poor leadership and limited troops/spells. However, as soon as I broke into Verona things became smooth and quite easy, actually. I stuck with a dragon-only army for the second 2/3 of the game, usually a single stack of blacks due to their magic resistance. I got my intellect up to an impressive 63 (well, impressive to me in any case) and had a blast with the 6-round double casting.

Next up: warrior on hard
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Feb 2010, 08:00

Don't have problems anymore. Guess the last "tuning" fixed the crap out of the game (my PC).

Koyuki129
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Koyuki129 » 16 Feb 2010, 15:00

played on impossible as a warrior and found the game difficult at first..but after i got past scarlet island and bola it wasn't much of a challenge by the time paladins was available..
[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/9uqjyg.jpg[/img] last boss was a breeze..
this is how my char looked right before the final battle

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2ib2csy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/1zv5s7m.png[/img]
[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/25krmtv.png[/img]

low score is because i traveled like mad :D
[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/m7weia.jpg[/img]

Metal Wolf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Metal Wolf » 27 Jun 2010, 10:35

Just finished the game!

Had a great time, though the original is better imo.
The things that I liked less in Armored Princess were:

1) The player begins employing 4th lvl creatures in his army at a very early stage of the game, skipping almost entirely on 1-2 level creatures, and even on 3rd level creatures since before mid-game.
In 'Legend' you simply did'nt have an option of hiring a variety of high-level creatures till relatively late game. This was actually better, since it gave a sense of evolving and it was fun to experience with many different types of creatures.

2) I liked more the idea of big continents in Legend than many small islands in 'Armored Princess'. It made more of a Living World feeling and free traveling and less like advancing to the next stage.

3) Quests: 'Legend' had more variety of quests - helping a prisoner to escape, collecting items, finding a remedy for a werewolf, etc. In Armored Princess one mainly had to kill the local villain, and once in a while to find some buried chest.

Minor issues:
- Though the pet dragon was cute and all, I liked the elementals more - more variety, required more strategic thinking and the close-ups during battle - all made it a better experience for me.

- Artifact sets - the bonus received when a set was complete was relatively minor (typical such as "+7 attack and defence ONLY FOR FEMALE ELVES OR HUMANS"... come on!). I found it useless to aim for getting a whole set, and preffered to have simply the most usefull single artifacts.

- As for the Lizardsmen - too bad the player encounters them mainly in a late stage of the game. My army was already well-organized and I didnt hire even one representetive of this new race.

Hmm...Suddenly I realize that the comlaint list came out pretty long...But I did like this game a lot, simple some things were better in the original one.

So, the Features in Armored Princess I really liked:
- Even most simple shop owners had a life story to tell. Overall - the texts were more interesting.
- Wings were awesome, so as other new features as creatures\spells etc.
- Each and every one of the 6 gigantic bosses were great.
- Battles were very startegic (I played in 'Legend' with a Paladin and in AM with a Mage...Maybe thats the reason for that).

Thats it...I already begin to anticipate for the 3rd and final King's Bounty expansion to come out.

p.s.
Noob quetsion - I wanted to upload some screens, but I dont have an account on any site that stores photos online. Any reccomendations?[/img]

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 28 Jun 2010, 15:53

Finished the game a few days ago. It was great! I ended up using Red Dragons, Hunters, Paladins, Archmages and Evil Beholders/Demonologists in the final battle. Paladins are probably the best unit in the game for long battles. They can take tons of damage, resurrect your units and still be able to give a beating when all of your other units are dead.

Both King's Bounties also on sale at Steam. It's -75% so you can get them both for less than 10 euros. Well worth it!

The sale lasts until July 4th.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 29 Jun 2010, 01:20

In the first game you get wives to hold your artifacts/babies... does the princess get husbands?
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jun 2010, 05:01

No, she doesn't. She is getting just one companion and a sweet baby dragon :D
"We made it!"

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Jun 2010, 10:46

The companions are the same thing as the wives, for all intents and purposes. Obvioiusly, no babies this time around, which is a good thing as they were grossly underpowered the last time around.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jun 2010, 18:41

Obviously you where expecting this kid instead of regular babies:

"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Nov 2010, 22:09

The Black Friday weekend deal for King's Bounty Platinum Edition is $7 for digitial download at Amazon.com. That is Legends, Armored Princess and Crossworlds.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Nov 2010, 18:33

Yeah, most of us aren't usaians...

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”