The Chaos Conspiracy Part 2 has been Released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: I already did it!

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 23 Jan 2010, 22:34

Mamma Jamma wrote:But I get a Win error with the new Anims2.vid. The one with Nicolai plays fine, but the new one doesn't: the game hangs and then I get an error.

I noticed on Redneck's that Zedd seems to have a similar problem. Maybe you can figure it out from his saved game.
Mamma Jamma,

Go to the normal download site and download ANIMS2.vid directly. Replace your current ANIMS2.vid with this file. Let us know if it works.

Also, I need to collect data on your O/S. Are you running Vista? XP? what??

Are you using MOKS patch or Grayface's Patch?

Thanks,

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 23 Jan 2010, 22:38

vladimir-maestro wrote:what it is about? new video patch do not show ending???
Maestro,

The new game ending video does not play on some systems. It works fine on my PC. Don't know why yet. I'm trying to find out.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 23 Jan 2010, 23:13

magic_screen wrote:I started TCC Part 2 today.

The Part 1 was great! Thank you for the mod BDJ!
Glad ya liked Part1! Part 2 is a-bit ... well ... different. But I still think that you'll enjoy it. Just pay close attention to your journal notes and you'll do well.

BDJ

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 24 Jan 2010, 00:13

Big Daddy Jim wrote:So complete part 2 and write the 'review'. Then perhaps we can 'talk'.
It's mostly a question of future reference since it will take a while before I get down to actually writing anything, only being halfway through the first part. When it comes to the point where I draft articles relevant to TCC, I will send you copies of anything I produce and seek permission before committing it.

If it suits, for part 2 I can simply cover the fact that the mod exists along with a screenshot of the title screen, and suffix it with something along the lines of:

"For the sake of discovery and exploration, Big Daddy Jim has publicly requested that no spoilers or walkthroughs on the mod's second chapter be posted among the community, as doing so defeats the purpose of its gameplay and diminishes the challenge it poses. As such, only minimal information on its content is posted here."

It's a pity that far fewer people seem to know about part 2. The CH admins really ought to post on its release as they did with the first installment - thousands frequent the site itself each week, while its forums... not so many. I'd post about the mod at Age of Heroes, but it only covers HoMM.

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 24 Jan 2010, 06:40

Is telekinesis necessary to complete part 2? I never was able to pick it up in part 1, as the mind guild never had it available when I visited. I'm in a part where a rock (Lenny 5) is out of reach.
dhalgren17

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 24 Jan 2010, 07:43

dhalgren17 wrote:Is telekinesis necessary to complete part 2? I never was able to pick it up in part 1, as the mind guild never had it available when I visited. I'm in a part where a rock (Lenny 5) is out of reach.
dhalgren17
Well, you will need Telekinesis here. You should be very careful before leaving Nimradur. The Seer explicitly points out that once you left it, you cannot come back! Buy every spell, and if you stashed your extra armor and weaponry in some chests (like I did), better take it with you (like I didn't...).

If you don't find a specific spell you need, save before entering the shop and reload until you find it. But you still have to restart Part 2: the Lenny is needed to progress further: if you don't visit them all, you won't be able to reach a very important area.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Re: I already did it!

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 24 Jan 2010, 07:52

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Mamma Jamma wrote:But I get a Win error with the new Anims2.vid. The one with Nicolai plays fine, but the new one doesn't: the game hangs and then I get an error.

I noticed on Redneck's that Zedd seems to have a similar problem. Maybe you can figure it out from his saved game.
Mamma Jamma,

Go to the normal download site and download ANIMS2.vid directly. Replace your current ANIMS2.vid with this file. Let us know if it works.

Also, I need to collect data on your O/S. Are you running Vista? XP? what??

Are you using MOKS patch or Grayface's Patch?

Thanks,

BDJ
I downloaded directly the Anims2.vid, but I get the same smacker error. In fact the two files (the one in the archive and the single one) have exactly the same size, so I assume that they are identical: there is no obvious reason (to me) why the new one should work.

I am running Win XP SP3, with Mok's Patch (the same one you have provided). Ran MM6 without any compatibility feature, but I've tried it in "Win 95" mode and I still get the same smacker error.

Hope it helps!

P.S. Does anyone know why neither of the vids play in Rad Video Tools? I thought that they were both Smacker files...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Jan 2010, 09:43

do you have patches from GrayFace? (do not sure about Death Angel's patch) but GrayFace's updates the Smacker player to newer version.

or maybe 1 frame for the dummy video is too short - i do not know...
can you describe what exactly happen when this video try to play? do you see screen shimering twice? are there some critical error? does game crushes and go back to windows? just step by step and i will see if it is a video problem or just old smacker drivers...

try to install patch from GrayFace - maybe it will help??
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 24 Jan 2010, 12:33

Installed GrayFace's patch, but to no avail. Same thing happens. The screen will go white, than dark, then the game crashes with a Windows error. Something like "Error signature. AppName: mm6.exe; Modname:smackw32.dll"

I've tried with another version of smackw32.dll, but the one I found won't play even the intro vid.

It's weird: the normal ending video, the one with Nicolai plays fine...

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Jan 2010, 12:45

vladimir-maestro wrote:do you have patches from GrayFace? (do not sure about Death Angel's patch) but GrayFace's updates the Smacker player to newer version.

or maybe 1 frame for the dummy video is too short - i do not know...
can you describe what exactly happen when this video try to play? do you see screen shimering twice? are there some critical error? does game crushes and go back to windows? just step by step and i will see if it is a video problem or just old smacker drivers...

try to install patch from GrayFace - maybe it will help??
Maestro,

Until this problem gets resolved, you should probably remove the download .exe file and notify this community to use the original part 1 ANIMS files. I will be reloading these original files this evening and deleting the updated files that don't work on most PCs.

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Jan 2010, 12:47

Mamma Jamma wrote:Installed GrayFace's patch, but to no avail. Same thing happens. The screen will go white, than dark, then the game crashes with a Windows error. Something like "Error signature. AppName: mm6.exe; Modname:smackw32.dll"

I've tried with another version of smackw32.dll, but the one I found won't play even the intro vid.

It's weird: the normal ending video, the one with Nicolai plays fine...
Mamma Jamma,

Thanks for trying this out. I did have hopes that it was a driver problem.

Vladamir will have to resolve this issue before releasing the end-game.

BDJ

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Forgot to say

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 24 Jan 2010, 12:58

I even end up with an error message in my MM6 folder, having at the beginning a "Violation in module smackw32.dll at 00009C7A". I could post the error log, but I doubt it'll be of any use...

I'm not sure if GrayFace's patch changed my smackw32.dll, but, just in case it'll help, currently my smackw32.dll is version 4.0e, 138,752 bytes in size, created on December 30 2009 and modified May 20 2005 (!)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Forgot to say

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Jan 2010, 13:41

Mamma Jamma wrote:I even end up with an error message in my MM6 folder, having at the beginning a "Violation in module smackw32.dll at 00009C7A". I could post the error log, but I doubt it'll be of any use...

I'm not sure if GrayFace's patch changed my smackw32.dll, but, just in case it'll help, currently my smackw32.dll is version 4.0e, 138,752 bytes in size, created on December 30 2009 and modified May 20 2005 (!)
That's interesting. My smackw32.dll is version 3.0.0.0 and is 98, 304 bytes (on disc). How 'bout I email you my .dll, you can place it into you MM6 directory, and see if it works? Is this OK with you?

BDJ

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Got the dll BDJ

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 24 Jan 2010, 14:41

But when I start MM6 I get an error in mm6.exe, that says:

"The procedure entry point _SmackColorRemapWithTrans@20 could not be located in the dynamic link library Smackw32.dll"

Once I press the error button ("OK", it is the only one), the game pops up and the intro vid is playing. But, alas, the ending one is not...

This is however with GrayFace's patch. I'll try to reinstall Mok's patch, to see if it works. And BTW BDJ, my own dll showed also 3.0.0.0, but you should check below, in the little box, the line that says "FileVersion". Yours is 3.1s, which is an earlier version than mine.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Got the dll BDJ

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Jan 2010, 14:49

Mamma Jamma wrote:But when I start MM6 I get an error in mm6.exe, that says:

"The procedure entry point _SmackColorRemapWithTrans@20 could not be located in the dynamic link library Smackw32.dll"

Once I press the error button ("OK", it is the only one), the game pops up and the intro vid is playing. But, alas, the ending one is not...

This is however with GrayFace's patch. I'll try to reinstall Mok's patch, to see if it works. And BTW BDJ, my own dll showed also 3.0.0.0, but you should check below, in the little box, the line that says "FileVersion". Yours is 3.1s, which is an earlier version than mine.
Well, I'm out of ideas. I'll have to leave this fix up to Vladamir, the author. It's waaay above my pay grade.

Vladamir ... the ball's now in your court to find a fix for this.

BDJ

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Me too!

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 24 Jan 2010, 14:56

As Mok's patch won't install: it does not recognize the .lod file. I guess it peeked at what's in there and got scared... :D
I'd have to reinstall MM6 from the beginning and I doubt it'll help...

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Me too!

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Jan 2010, 15:06

Mamma Jamma wrote:As Mok's patch won't install: it does not recognize the .lod file. I guess it peeked at what's in there and got scared... :D
I'd have to reinstall MM6 from the beginning and I doubt it'll help...
Trust me. It won't help at all.

BDJ

Mn
Scout
Scout

It seemes I'l soon complete Part2

Unread postby Mn » 24 Jan 2010, 17:26

After holidays playing, I reach the Piramid and obtained all hints from "objects". I hope that end-of-game is not very far from me. As I understand, I'm not need to download anything else and replace any of old files?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Jan 2010, 18:47

can someone send me his\her saved game where the problem begins into PM section. I'll test it myself.
i've got some minds about resolution but tests needed...we had got something similar with some movies.
------
sending dll file is useless cause it's procedure coded in EXE file - you will get an error here. only patch could solve this problem or video change.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 24 Jan 2010, 18:52

I'll send you mine right now!

Return to “Might and Magic”