Might and Magic 3 help

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Magic 3 help

Unread postby cortisan » 15 Jan 2010, 06:51

hey guys, I haven't really had much to do with might and magic games previous to 6 because i found them really confusing but after having read about how good they are, I am keen to give them a shot. Starting with Isles of Terra. My question is what would a good party be to start with (obviously I know how to create the party so I just want a list basically) and any other tips to get me started would be appreciated. :) Thanks in advance!

jorgamesh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jorgamesh » 15 Jan 2010, 19:06

Here is a good site with tips and other useful info

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm3/

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Jan 2010, 22:58

Since you get 8 characters, the party doesn't really matter too much. Just have a robber, a sorcerer and a cleric, everything else is personal preference.

Also, if you don't know which area to go to, go into the arena and fight. The monsters that you see there are usually those that most closely match your level, so search for an area with them.

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 16 Jan 2010, 03:41

jorgamesh wrote:Here is a good site with tips and other useful info

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm3/
Thanks a lot, helped me quite a bit :-D
GreatEmerald wrote:Since you get 8 characters, the party doesn't really matter too much. Just have a robber, a sorcerer and a cleric, everything else is personal preference.

Also, if you don't know which area to go to, go into the arena and fight. The monsters that you see there are usually those that most closely match your level, so search for an area with them.
Thanks for the tip :)

I've read a bit and it says that you can do almost anything in any order, within reason of course, do you guys believe this to be the case? Or is there an order which makes sense to complete things in?[/quote]

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 16 Jan 2010, 17:57

There is an order, but you don't have to follow it, that's the whole point of non-linear RPGs. And if you go to an area where you die, chances are that you're in the wrong one.

Mn
Scout
Scout

imho

Unread postby Mn » 16 Jan 2010, 20:24

I played MM3 several times, and I recommended not give to start party any Druid or Ranger - their magic is weak, only spell "Water Walk" is needed. Also - not give Barbarians or Knights - each party member must be a spellcaster. If you want play with all six members, my choise - Thief, Paladin, Cleric and three Archers (they can set Lloyds Beacons - very useful). Cleric can be removed by second Paladin - this will harder party, but in beginning game will be tought. Don't start with sorceresses - they are VERY weak, their elemental magic is no such needs at beginning and later your archers obtained enougth spell points to cast any you like spells. Hired persons - only Druids/Rangers for swimming (or swim spell from wand stc.). This game is more interesting to play with 4-members party (Thi-Pal-Arc-Arc).
Sorry my English, and good luck to you.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 Jan 2010, 21:46

MM3 'Water Walk' spell is not really so important, because you can drive from shallow water to deep water with 'Etherealize' spell.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 17 Jan 2010, 02:42

just go where you feel like/can handle and all will be fine.

go with the flow.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 17 Jan 2010, 04:44

thanks guys i appreciate the input! I should be sweet :D

Return to “Might and Magic”