Buglist

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Minnakht
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Minnakht » 19 Nov 2008, 20:14

During the second or third if counting the prololgue thing ToTE campaign third map the wrath of father sky probably I casted Powerful Blow or however it is called in english (im polish) (this special barbarian ability: when an unit with this attacks something, hero attacks the same thing too) on my first type Cyclopes upgrade (not bloodeyed), I later told them to attack the wall of enemy castle. Cyclopes attacked the wall, and then Gotai attacked it too, zooming the whole battlescreen out and causing all of the units to disappear from the view.

And this caused:

-Enemy units to be invulnerable by inablity to click on them to attack
-No, clicking on them in normally functioning ATP bar also didint have a result
-when I tried to cast spells on any of them units possible targets had their squares lighted up with this teal but also not working
-Moving my units worked
-Checking where the enemies were by checking where I can move and rightclicking worked
-Mass effects like some warcries worked
-I won by having my units retaliate, but this killed my stacks due to area effect of Cyclopes attack
-I loadered the autosave and was careful to not cast Powerful Blow on Cyclopes again

darius92
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darius92 » 29 Nov 2008, 01:07

I recently finished the cultist campaign and watched the scene at the end. But when I go to click off of the final score thing or whatever pops up after a mission complete my game crashes. I have the latest version and i dont have any expansions installed.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 30 Mar 2009, 15:05

Hiya Darius,
I reported the very same error some six months ago, here in the buglist and as an independent thread, with the image attached to it (check a couple pages back). No one could help me through.

And yes, this error SUCKS. Prevented me from playing vanilla through before I began HoF, in which case I have no idea of the plot from "The Cultists" on. By playing HoF and TotE through I have made but wild conjectures about what happened with Raelag, Agrael, Queen Isabel, and so on and so forth.

tolkkk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Keyboard control

Unread postby tolkkk » 03 Jun 2009, 10:32

After installing 3.1, I had no control of keyboard anymore. Try then to start a map with "press any key" :). I wonder if anybody has encountered the same problem and what can be done about it. The most regretful is that with 3.1 I could play the DM map.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Jun 2009, 13:48

Hey guys, any idea for a mod that fixes the Sovereign in TotE to function right? I mean, mine is not "moving" while on the battle field, I know for HoF he was drawing his sword when hitting, but with (my) TotE he just stands there and do nothing while doing spell or whatever.

EvilNed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EvilNed » 16 Jul 2009, 22:52

Don't know if these strange bugs have been reported but they are of a visual nature:

- The Wizard hero Talanar shows up as the unit "Mage" on both the Adventure map AND Combat map! You know, the level 4 academy unit. Highly annoying. But at least in combat he gets the Mage animations as well... Which is just strange. I'm running TOTE 3.1.

- The alternate upgrade to the Lich has no attack animation in melee. For some reason, the animation just won't show whenever he attacks or retaliates. He still dishes out damage, however.

Zmeio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zmeio » 18 Sep 2009, 12:42

Fire Dragon can use Rune of Dragonform.

Rune of Dragonform - Cost: 1 1

Creature gets +100% to its Defense, +100% to its attack and +50% to magic-proof for one turn (doesn't work for Dragons).
Attention! Contents of bad English!

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheRider » 19 Nov 2009, 10:16

@Zmeio, I found the same thing, the un-upgraded dragons can use this rune.

And another bug, I made my own dual presets with all heroes on 40 level, having absolute skills. When I play Academy vs Undead and I try to cast Vampirism with the undead hero on some unit from his army, the magic mirror ability of Academy reflects this spell either on other undead unit or on an academy unit.

tasharga
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tasharga » 14 Jan 2010, 12:07

Hey think i found an easter egg or possible bug in the tribes of the east campaign 3 mission 4. At the beginning of week 4 month 5 when asked if i want to summon the Storm Titans a new hero named plate spawned in trade with Zehir. He began with the four Storm Titans in his army. His portrait is of a green imp and his model is a flying saucer. I took screen captures of him.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2010, 20:24

tasharga wrote:Hey think i found an easter egg
It's an easter egg, he's an allien even to this space. Hmm, I think somewhere in the game was also tank from WW2 (or it was another irregularity)?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Jay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jay » 25 Apr 2010, 22:18

Okay, this is rather strange; I need to know which player-made map from this site (since the maps here are the only ones I download) has altered the abilities of my Necromancers - for some reason Naadir The Fearsome now starts out with basic Blood Rage and can't learn spells?!?!

Jurneyd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jurneyd » 14 May 2010, 09:21

I do have the same problem. I thought it would be original.
I should add that Deirdre has the same portrait skin as Naadir and starts with basic blood rage instead of necromancy too.
I'm using tote 3.0...

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 16 May 2011, 07:34

Well I have a strange behavior, recently the lap top began to freeze up during any of the activities. There is an audible "buzz" from the speakers when this occurs. I visited with Alienware, and their solution was "bad chips" or bad "HDD". They sent me new and I installed them and Win 7 OS, all the divers, and my software. The freeze continues. This had not occurred prior to 1-2 months ago.
System:
Base Alienware M17x Laptop
Processor Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9550 (2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB/6MB cache)
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Hard Disk Drive 250 GB Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Memory 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
Media Bay Slot Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW, CD-RW)
Video SLi, Dual nVidia GeForce GTX 280 1024MB
System Color Space Black
Laptop Screen 17 inch WideXGA+ 1440x900 (900p)
Laptop Battery 9 Cell Primary Battery
Network Interface Card Internal 300Mbps Dual-Band a/g/n Wireless with MIMO Technology
Bluetooth Wireless Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR
Hardware Upgrade 210W/240W switchable Slim 3P A/C Adapter
Back-lit Keyboard

Anybody else have similar freezing problems and have a solution?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 16 May 2011, 08:03

Jay wrote:... Naadir The Fearsome now starts out with basic Blood Rage and can't learn spells?!?!
Try with "Lord of the Rings" or so. If I remember correctly this scenario was causing some troubles like that. Of course, it could be any other custom map you might downloaded. You just have to delete it... I think.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 21 Aug 2011, 08:59

Black Dragons aren't immune to magic! I had a whack of enemies, with no friendly units other than my blackies anywhere near them, and set off Chain Lightning expecting it to ignore the dragons as it would have in HoMM3, but it zapped them just fine. Killed a couple, too 8| .

This took place in 1.6, in a non-campaign map.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 21 Aug 2011, 11:42

jeffh wrote:Black Dragons aren't immune to magic! I had a whack of enemies, with no friendly units other than my blackies anywhere near them, and set off Chain Lightning expecting it to ignore the dragons as it would have in HoMM3, but it zapped them just fine. Killed a couple, too 8| .

thats because your warlock has irresistible magic...
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 21 Aug 2011, 14:53

Mirez wrote:
jeffh wrote:Black Dragons aren't immune to magic! I had a whack of enemies, with no friendly units other than my blackies anywhere near them, and set off Chain Lightning expecting it to ignore the dragons as it would have in HoMM3, but it zapped them just fine. Killed a couple, too 8| .

Yes, and it's horrible.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Aug 2011, 18:02

Metathron wrote:
Mirez wrote:

Yes, and it's horrible.
Yeah, totally sucks.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 22 Aug 2011, 11:31

Mirez wrote:

Both the game itself and the AoH manual say that immunities remain in place.

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

A new bug or game corrupt

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 03 Sep 2011, 17:34

I have a slightly different problem playing with Necros. Note normally I don't play them but in re-doing the campaigns ran into this problem, namely Necros skills DO NOT have Raise Archers as a choice of skills. Eternal Servatude, Banshee Howl and Howl of Terror are ALL availble, just not Raise Archers. Has anyone had this problem?
Currently using Heroes TOE with patch 3.1.
Any help would be appreciated, as a last resort I may delete and re-install.

EDIT1: Howl of Terror hasn't been a choice, BUT Mark Of Necromancer is one of the specialization/racial skills, but this is a feat not a perk.
EDIT2:Using the console I have entered the following @GiveHeroSkill("name", PERK_RAISE_ARCHERS or NECROMANCER_FEAT_ABSOLUTE_FEAR), but neither is there an error in the console or does either skill displayed in the racial listing of the hero. IF I enter add_skill 61 or add_skill 111 and both skills appear in the racial listing.
EDIT3: I tried this on a different pc and had the same behavior. I purchased Heroes V EPIC Collection, and that may be the problem.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”