The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
magic_screen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magic_screen » 04 Jan 2010, 20:59

Thanks for the reply BDJ!
The problem has been solved! (but I haven't got any xp for the Pearl of Fertility :D )
I somehow dislike the Mire of the Damned/Bog so I went there later equipped with some Armageddon spells :D

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 04 Jan 2010, 22:07

Thanks again for clearing the situation out, BDJ!

Thing is, when I loaded the save, which was made after obtaining the Pearl of Fertility, I failed to locate the pearl in my inventory. Moreover, my Inquisitor got "downgraded" to Priest, and the "judgement" quest reappeared in my questlist. :|

Gotta go look for an earlier save, I guess...

Edit: After seeing the previous post I thought that the Giver was supposed to live in the Bog. No one there gave me any pearls, however, just usual quests (Lemkanen, kill all Witches etc.). Could someone help me on this issue, please?
"The elements compose a Magnum Opus my modus operandi is amalgam..."

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 05 Jan 2010, 05:14

Could I get a spoiler on the location of the five people we are supposed to judge. I can't find the fifth. Just the provinces they are located in would be helpful.
dhalgren17

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 05 Jan 2010, 06:34

dhalgren17 wrote:Could I get a spoiler on the location of the five people we are supposed to judge. I can't find the fifth. Just the provinces they are located in would be helpful.
dhalgren17
They are random man, so i suggest that you should go to some unusual place like second tavern in free haven, second tavern in castle ironfist, mystic island and mire of the dam. So far some tavern in dragon sand as well. All the temple as well.

magic_screen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magic_screen » 05 Jan 2010, 06:47

Asterot: I found the Pearl of Turmoil in the Bog (in the Gateway), if I remember correctly(?).
The quest giver is the same person (Mallt) in Avalon.

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 05 Jan 2010, 10:10

Magic_screen, thanks for your assistance! I finally got that quest solved!

However, a new problem I encountered. After going through the cave with lots of bandits in Kat'an, I obtained the Hourglass, however, when I talk to Thomalina Thumb, who requires the mentioned item, the dialogue option "We've found the hourglass!" is missing! Hence, I'm stuck with the hourglass and no cash. Someone know how to solve this?

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Temple of Tranquility

Unread postby cortisan » 05 Jan 2010, 12:46

Hey guys, I'm using standard KACS party all level 59 and fully promoted and just received the quest to purge the "temple of tranquility" im interested to here how some of you approached it, because last time I went in there (about 20 levels previous) I was constantly dispelled and hammered with spells I don't think the levels are going to make much of a difference...

Also has any one noticed how slow recovery is, my exorcist takes like 10 seconds to recover from 'cure weakness' or is it just me?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Jan 2010, 14:16

Asterot wrote:Magic_screen, thanks for your assistance! I finally got that quest solved!

However, a new problem I encountered. After going through the cave with lots of bandits in Kat'an, I obtained the Hourglass, however, when I talk to Thomalina Thumb, who requires the mentioned item, the dialogue option "We've found the hourglass!" is missing! Hence, I'm stuck with the hourglass and no cash. Someone know how to solve this?

Make sure that the party member who has the Hourglass in the inventory is the active character when you see Thomolina.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Sendoh
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Sendoh » 05 Jan 2010, 17:21

hey man, i can't enter The Void, i guess that's the end of the Part 1 ha?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Jan 2010, 18:08

Sendoh wrote:hey man, i can't enter The Void, i guess that's the end of the Part 1 ha?
Yep.

Part2 will be released in about a week. If you followed the end-Part1 instructions, you should be ready for a totally unique Part2 experience.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 05 Jan 2010, 18:17

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Make sure that the party member who has the Hourglass in the inventory is the active character when you see Thomolina.

BDJ
I tried that, but still no dialogue option.

Moreover, I reloaded a save made even before entering the cave, and Thomalina didn't have the needed option either!

Guess I better throw the hourglass out...

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 06 Jan 2010, 06:13

I found this mod heaps of fun up until the later parts, when every monster dispels, curses and breaks equipment. Temple of tranquility is probably the best example of this, that dungeon is not even remotely fun with the constant barrage of mass curse and dispel... It just becomes tedious having to constantly reverse effects and repair stuff, that's just my opinion.

Mn
Scout
Scout

about Horglass quest

Unread postby Mn » 06 Jan 2010, 13:01

If I'm not mistake, You must give item from inventory screen to mian view screen by cursor help and then, by holding in party "hands" item, vizit guesrgiver.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 06 Jan 2010, 13:12

cortisan wrote:I found this mod heaps of fun up until the later parts, when every monster dispels, curses and breaks equipment. Temple of tranquility is probably the best example of this, that dungeon is not even remotely fun with the constant barrage of mass curse and dispel... It just becomes tedious having to constantly reverse effects and repair stuff, that's just my opinion.
Imho, Real difficult and interesting Games events begans from Temple of Tranquility. But this Temple is easy to travel only with two great bows (Artemis and Brennens) and several potions of restoration for remove curse and portal to healer. Weak enemies (aarons and several princesses)are easy to kill hand-to hand.

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Re: about Horglass quest

Unread postby Asterot » 06 Jan 2010, 14:08

Mn wrote:If I'm not mistake, You must give item from inventory screen to mian view screen by cursor help and then, by holding in party "hands" item, vizit guesrgiver.
Thanks for the tip, however, it didn't work either...

horsebot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby horsebot » 06 Jan 2010, 23:09

Hey there, where can I download this mod from? The original link (http://www.filefront.com/user/BigDaddyJim) no longer has it as far as I can see?

Cheers

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: about Horglass quest

Unread postby Mn » 06 Jan 2010, 23:27

Asterot wrote:
Mn wrote:If I'm not mistake, You must give item from inventory screen to mian view screen by cursor help and then, by holding in party "hands" item, vizit guesrgiver.
Thanks for the tip, however, it didn't work either...
I'm sorry and surprized. This quest was easy complited by me. I try give You my last info - there are only two citizens-questgivers in Kat'an (in lower area and in upper). One of them really wants Hourglass, but the other wants smth else...

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 06 Jan 2010, 23:57

Mn wrote:
cortisan wrote:I found this mod heaps of fun up until the later parts, when every monster dispels, curses and breaks equipment. Temple of tranquility is probably the best example of this, that dungeon is not even remotely fun with the constant barrage of mass curse and dispel... It just becomes tedious having to constantly reverse effects and repair stuff, that's just my opinion.
Imho, Real difficult and interesting Games events begans from Temple of Tranquility. But this Temple is easy to travel only with two great bows (Artemis and Brennens) and several potions of restoration for remove curse and portal to healer. Weak enemies (aarons and several princesses)are easy to kill hand-to hand.
I know its not hard to kill them, its more of a pain in the arse then anything. I just got sick of having to constantly remove curse and reapply buffs. At least make dispel and curse only affect one character at a time and prevent it from being spammed because for me it took all enjoyment out of it. I want to finish the mod I am just trying to build up the motivation. I haven't got Brennens, where did you get it?

Mn
Scout
Scout

Brennens Bow

Unread postby Mn » 07 Jan 2010, 03:56

It's one (and best) item from Balu Treasure. Also You may kill dragons in Baal Garden or Colloseuses in Serenity or Far Reaches. Brennens Bow is art (or relic) which can dropped from dead monsters. Before serios battles I try "rest" - clean "artifacts" zones, take any experience and amunition. But You can found and decoder all five Balu scrolls very late - try not pass any quests or missing smth at promotions quests.

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Brennens Bow

Unread postby cortisan » 07 Jan 2010, 05:13

Mn wrote:It's one (and best) item from Balu Treasure. Also You may kill dragons in Baal Garden or Colloseuses in Serenity or Far Reaches. Brennens Bow is art (or relic) which can dropped from dead monsters. Before serios battles I try "rest" - clean "artifacts" zones, take any experience and amunition. But You can found and decoder all five Balu scrolls very late - try not pass any quests or missing smth at promotions quests.
I cleared baal's garden didn't really get a lot of useful stuff (other then a pretty solid mace for my exorcist), and so far i've done all the quests I have found except Balu Treasure i've only got 3 scrolls... I'm not really sure if I've missed them or something. I think I will have a little roam in Serenity and Far Reaches to inspire myself to complete the mod because I really do like the story.

Return to “Might and Magic”