The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 01 Jan 2010, 08:54

koval321 wrote:
To complete the game you'll need someone capable of casting the two 'Travel' spells (Llyod's and Town Portal) and a fully promoted and 'spelled' Light Magic Master.
Am always play dark way, will be dark magic useless here? Anyway as i remember mage have some light/dark spells but am not sure what level they can train.

From what i understand from all your sugestions i need mage, cleric, and two knights (lot of close combat, and need some axe)
In might and magic 6 you can get both light and dark magic and all skills can be raised to master no matter what class you are. He is merely suggesting if you wish to be able to do everything the mod has to offer at least 1 cleric or sorcerer and at least 1 knight, archer or paladin. (those classes cover axe and sword as well as light magic)

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 02 Jan 2010, 08:17

Im mm6 to become light magic master was required saintly reputation, but i found in previously version TCC fame losing with no reason, now this could be probelm.

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 02 Jan 2010, 08:41

koval321 wrote:Im mm6 to become light magic master was required saintly reputation, but i found in previously version TCC fame losing with no reason, now this could be probelm.
I know what you are referring to, but i found that happened in the original mm6 as well. Maybe unless you are doing something good, people assume you are doing something bad and thus your reputation drops. If you get a few quests ready for completion and then donate until you are 'respectable' then collect the quests you can probably get saintly. (I haven't tried it yet as I am not that far into the mod yet however it's what i plan to do.) Good luck.

Mn
Scout
Scout

master of light

Unread postby Mn » 02 Jan 2010, 09:00

koval321 wrote:Im mm6 to become light magic master was required saintly reputation, but i found in previously version TCC fame losing with no reason, now this could be probelm.
My fame in TCC was variable from 200 to 500 only in the beginning, and decreased only by threat/bed with NPC's. And I think that healind by Maria in Suttersbay tavern is the same. But main quests great increased my group fame above 2000 an I easy obtaned Mastering of Light at one time with Water mastering. long before Air. And fame will done smaller if you use NPC such pirates (may be not only them) and simple using attack spells from Dark Magic (Day of Protection isn't attak spell). I hope You not killed some frendly creations)). Don't forget make donates every time then healing in temples, And You don't have any troubles with reputation.

jeff

Re: master of light

Unread postby jeff » 02 Jan 2010, 16:09

Mn wrote:
My fame in TCC was variable
When I created the multipath quests Jim and I decided the choice the player made would affect the reputation of the group, one example of that is the Lemkanen quest. Jim decided which would give you a positive and which would be negative, but it was added to show all choices have repercussions. :proud:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 03 Jan 2010, 04:11

Hey guys, I just cleared out the bog of tuonela (mainly so that I could complete the quest where you have to kill morgana and her witches) I have killed everything including morgana and have retrieved her ring, however when I return for my reward Hilda still says that there are witches still alive... Is there a dungeon that I need to clear as well? Anyone else had the same issue?

Edit: I think it was because I didn't loot all the corpses...

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Re: master of light

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 03 Jan 2010, 10:57

jeff wrote:
Mn wrote:
My fame in TCC was variable
When I created the multipath quests Jim and I decided the choice the player made would affect the reputation of the group, one example of that is the Lemkanen quest. Jim decided which would give you a positive and which would be negative, but it was added to show all choices have repercussions. :proud:
This is a good idea for a new system. However, from my point of view it is completely useless when standing alone.

1. To worst reputation: Just kill all town with amargedon. So light master first, dark master second for me.

2. The punishment for worst reputation is not so strong. 1 year in prison is nothing.

3. Quest, money and monster still remain after you come back from prison. Sometime it is a good tactic for hunting more monster.

4. Things should combo with reputation.

- Quest will be expired for a period. Unfinished quest will be strong punished.

- Some quest will not be available after a specific time. Though that you are only heroes which can finish quest in continent. That is pathetic and nonsense. There will another heroes for finish those quest if you do not.

- Gotta to be more useful of reputation. For buying good stuff in shop, for earning other quest and so on. Once you are living saintly, you are able to buy angel set or something like that in light guild.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Jan 2010, 11:33

1 year in prison is a huge punishment, but it never happens, because you can donate at temple.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

magic_screen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magic_screen » 03 Jan 2010, 13:36

Thanks for the TCC mod. It is very good so far.

About phamlongtuan's ideas: please do not make time limits in the game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Jan 2010, 16:24

magic_screen wrote:Thanks for the TCC mod. It is very good so far.

About phamlongtuan's ideas: please do not make time limits in the game.
As Jim said he plans no further updates to TCC part 1, so there will be no time limits on those quests. As far as the rest of his comments, the MM6 engine allows only so much innovation, It is what it is. Many unhappy with those limits, Grayface, Jim, Matt and Vladimir have done quite a bit to push it beyond what it was meant to do. I am not sure how mucn further it could be pushed.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 03 Jan 2010, 16:52

A question on one of the promos.

IIRC, Soiret ordered the staff of Merlin to be returned from the Ooze Pit in Kastution.

I looted it from a chest in the Underground - was it supposed to be there, or will I find two staves eventually?

Update: one more question - where could the Rose of the Last Winter be found? I read the dialogue with Baroness Claravoiya some time ago and had already forgotten the location...
"The elements compose a Magnum Opus my modus operandi is amalgam..."

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 03 Jan 2010, 18:13

1. It is supposed to be there, you wont find another one.

2. Whitecap mountains

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 03 Jan 2010, 18:19

Asterix15, thanks for the tips!

Just found the rose, and life is great :-D

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 04 Jan 2010, 00:10

Asterot wrote:A question on one of the promos.

IIRC, Soiret ordered the staff of Merlin to be returned from the Ooze Pit in Kastution.

I looted it from a chest in the Underground - was it supposed to be there, or will I find two staves eventually?

Update: one more question - where could the Rose of the Last Winter be found? I read the dialogue with Baroness Claravoiya some time ago and had already forgotten the location...
The staff is not meant to be in the underground, I don't know why asterix15 said it is. I got the staff last night from the ooze pits, it was quite an effort i might add 8|

Sendoh
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Sendoh » 04 Jan 2010, 00:46

Hey i can't find the Fount of Enchantment, and i still don't get what is the relation with the Halls of Adept

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 04 Jan 2010, 10:00

I would also like info on the following annoying (because of my party's low level) issue:

Whenever I arrive or reload in Avalon, there always seem to be three diamond gargoiles spawned in three places across the city (those spawning places seem to be the same after every arrival/reload). I cleared out most of the gargoiles, particularly around the city, but those three keep appearing.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 04 Jan 2010, 15:01

Asterot wrote:I would also like info on the following annoying (because of my party's low level) issue:

Whenever I arrive or reload in Avalon, there always seem to be three diamond gargoiles spawned in three places across the city (those spawning places seem to be the same after every arrival/reload). I cleared out most of the gargoiles, particularly around the city, but those three keep appearing.
That 'annoyance' is part of the game program. These creatures will respawn each time the game encounters an ON Reload event in Avalon.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 04 Jan 2010, 16:26

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
That 'annoyance' is part of the game program. These creatures will respawn each time the game encounters an ON Reload event in Avalon.

BDJ
Thanks for clearing that out for me! After all, when a needed level is reached, those gargoiles could be squished like pesky flies, however, teleporting there after a battle with party low on health and out of mana (and without money to heal in a temple, and with the well water used up) can be dangerous...

While playing today I also discovered an interesting issue - in druid temple one of the rooms has a lever, which, if pulled, triggers the appearance of a bunch of mercenaries in a room nearby. However, it also spawns one or two additional Soldiers of Fortune inside the wall of the pathway leading towards the mentioned. Thing is, they weren't displayed on the minimap with Wizard's eye turned on. Could stab one in the back if not noticed...

Edit: Where could the Pearl of Turmoil be found? Problem is I went through the druid temple and found the chest (IIRC, the one, where Mordred originally was), however, when I tried to open it, it said something like "you swapped two pearls". My party didn't have pearls on them before opening the chest. Now this chest is locked, and I'm stuck with the "Pearl of Fertility"! Was I just looking in the wrong place?

magic_screen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magic_screen » 04 Jan 2010, 19:23

Asterot wrote:I went through the druid temple and found the chest (IIRC, the one, where Mordred originally was), however, when I tried to open it, it said something like "you swapped two pearls". My party didn't have pearls on them before opening the chest. Now this chest is locked, and I'm stuck with the "Pearl of Fertility"! Was I just looking in the wrong place?
Exactly the same thing happened to me! :)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 04 Jan 2010, 20:33

magic_screen wrote:
Asterot wrote:I went through the druid temple and found the chest (IIRC, the one, where Mordred originally was), however, when I tried to open it, it said something like "you swapped two pearls". My party didn't have pearls on them before opening the chest. Now this chest is locked, and I'm stuck with the "Pearl of Fertility"! Was I just looking in the wrong place?
Exactly the same thing happened to me! :)
More than 400 games have been completed with the Alpha version, and nobody identified this. I guess both of you have a unique game-play sequence.

However, it's no problem. Simply find the Quest Giver to obtain the original pearl, find the pearl, return to the Quest Giver, and you will be tasked to exchange the pearls. Click on the Quest Giver a second time (with the Pearl of Fertility in your inventory), and you'll still be able to complete the quest.

Now, to find the Quest Giver. Hmmmm ...

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Return to “Might and Magic”