The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 23 Dec 2009, 14:36

if you wish - you can use a torrent
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5237131
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

jorgamesh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jorgamesh » 24 Dec 2009, 08:11

Why don`t you make a single "easy to use" installer for the mod like almost all other modders do.

It is a pain to go through all this procedure and files to get the mod working.

Also it is easier to distribute mods in a single file format.

BlackHawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackHawk » 24 Dec 2009, 10:19

Thank you, TCC team :-D
This is a great holiday present and we really appreciate your efforts.
Happy Holidays to everyone :hoo:

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: TCC Part 1 Released!

Unread postby koval321 » 24 Dec 2009, 14:14

http://www.filefront.com/user/BDJ7777

Something wrong, i cant open this site, maybe you have alternate download link? (but else from torrent)

Part 2 mean brand new game (new game world) ? As i understand must finish part 1 and play second from save game.

Anyway good to see it was finally relased, thanx!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: TCC Part 1 Released!

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Dec 2009, 17:29

koval321 wrote:http://www.filefront.com/user/BDJ7777

Something wrong, i cant open this site, maybe you have alternate download link? (but else from torrent)
Sometimes when the site is busy with multiple downloads, it can't be reached. Since almost 90 downloads have be completed since posting yesterday, I suspect that's the problem. Try the site again.

koval321 wrote:Part 2 mean brand new game (new game world) ? As i understand must finish part 1 and play second from save game.

Anyway good to see it was finally relased, thanx!
That is correct. Your party of adventurers from Part 1 will be transported over to Part 2 and enter a new world for adventuring.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 25 Dec 2009, 13:23

Ok yes, now i was able to enter site and download.

I updated to version 1.2 but am play without mok/gray patch, will game crash?

Mostly have question about team, i like to play weird style like four mages (because i played mm6 many times and now i want different), do exist here impossible team? I mean maybe need character with some skill need to finish game and without some profession stuck in middle of game?

Already not played long because am wonder what team create, but new intro and new monsters look good!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 25 Dec 2009, 15:46

koval321 wrote:Ok yes, now i was able to enter site and download.

I updated to version 1.2 but am play without mok/gray patch, will game crash?

Mostly have question about team, i like to play weird style like four mages (because i played mm6 many times and now i want different), do exist here impossible team? I mean maybe need character with some skill need to finish game and without some profession stuck in middle of game?

Already not played long because am wonder what team create, but new intro and new monsters look good!
I would suggest that you patch your game as per the instructions in the TCC Part1 Player Info.PDF. As far as party composition, I would treat The Chaos Conspiracy as a new game, not one that you are familiar with. Would you take an unbalanced party through a new game for the first time?

I would suggest a balance between Might and Magic for your party, but it's your choice. And yes, it would be near impossible for certain party compositions to complete the entire game. Go for the balance the first time through and then decide for yourself.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 26 Dec 2009, 08:59

Am talking about this:
vladimir-maestro wrote: you will have to learn all skills to be able to beat the game
Ok i understand that four knights are hard, but i mean do i really need some profession and his skill to get trough some part of game? I played mm6-8 with four mages and it was hard only at begining but later very fun. I wish to continue this style, but now am not sure if i will stuck because need skills of knight or cleric.

Previously version i played without mok/grey patch i read documentation and changes seem not contain anything very important, without i cant play.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 26 Dec 2009, 11:05

i said that you will be transported to era before humanity in nimradur - so you cannot got any progress in your skills anymore.
skills you got into part 2 will be your last skills, i guess.
not sure about that but diplomacy is a must have skill now...plus there is 2 etherile weapons that do damege to chaos creatures and they are sword and axe...maybe mages cannot holds them :S
anyway i will try to beat the game with standart party and 4 mages will be a chalanging party + 3rd difficulty level - to have some fun.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Mn
Scout
Scout

New Bug or new rules?

Unread postby Mn » 26 Dec 2009, 12:03

First of all - I installed original mm6, update game to 1.2 version, runs Greyface patch and then replace folders with new contents. Game work nice, no troubles, thanks again. (I play first time by Win-7 platform)
I returned Tamara to Seer and continued explore Kat'an location.
Now my only (at this moment) question.
After killing Banshee and other ghosts with new grafical animation, yellow (dead) points are in mini-map, but I can't see and loot bodies. It's right? May be I must do any special tuningsP

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: New Bug or new rules?

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Dec 2009, 13:43

Mn wrote:First of all - I installed original mm6, update game to 1.2 version, runs Greyface patch and then replace folders with new contents. Game work nice, no troubles, thanks again. (I play first time by Win-7 platform)
I returned Tamara to Seer and continued explore Kat'an location.
Now my only (at this moment) question.
After killing Banshee and other ghosts with new grafical animation, yellow (dead) points are in mini-map, but I can't see and loot bodies. It's right? May be I must do any special tuningsP
Good progress, Mn! And yes, what you are experiencing with the Banshees is normal for the final release. They die, leave a yellow dot, but cannot be looted.

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Dec 2009, 13:47

koval321 wrote:Am talking about this:
vladimir-maestro wrote: you will have to learn all skills to be able to beat the game
Ok i understand that four knights are hard, but i mean do i really need some profession and his skill to get trough some part of game? I played mm6-8 with four mages and it was hard only at begining but later very fun. I wish to continue this style, but now am not sure if i will stuck because need skills of knight or cleric.

Previously version i played without mok/grey patch i read documentation and changes seem not contain anything very important, without i cant play.
Koval321,

To complete the game you'll need someone capable of casting the two 'Travel' spells (Llyod's and Town Portal) and a fully promoted and 'spelled' Light Magic Master.

BDJ

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 26 Dec 2009, 15:34

found big mistake in movies...
intro videos and staff team should be chenged...
in that case intro should be wide-screened and better quality =\

i will do patch that fix this thing. i think that it is strange that you clic "intro" button and see staff team...
---
final video is 530 frames ready...about 500-1.000 frames need to be done.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Dec 2009, 18:31

vladimir-maestro wrote:found big mistake in movies...
intro videos and staff team should be chenged...
in that case intro should be wide-screened and better quality =\

i will do patch that fix this thing. i think that it is strange that you clic "intro" button and see staff team...
---
final video is 530 frames ready...about 500-1.000 frames need to be done.
Just remember that you cannot use the LOD program by Grayface to patch the animations. The ANIMS files are a different file format.

BDJ

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 26 Dec 2009, 19:31

last version can work with all files exept HWL
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Dec 2009, 22:48

vladimir-maestro wrote:last version can work with all files exept HWL
KOOL!!!!

Grayface has certainly contributed some fine modding tools! Let me know how it works out!

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Dec 2009, 23:23

Progress on the development of The Chaos Conspiracy Part 2 is nearing completion. I have one remaining overland map area and one dungeon to complete, plus final cleanup. Should be releasing this puppy in January 2010!!!

FYI ...

BDJ

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 27 Dec 2009, 05:25

Awesome screenshot!
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 27 Dec 2009, 07:58

I must ask again because am still not sure what changes was made in game. I really wish to play 4 mages, but probably i will stuck somewhere. With no knight and no cleric game become more challenging or impossible? I mean:
-monster which cant be killed by mage and he got important key (not just quest for experience but progress in main story)
-skill which cant be learn by mage and this skill open new chapter of game (like diplomacy)

If its only more difficulty then i will play. My tactic which work fine in mm6-8 was to train each mage in one element to maximum, and have above 20 skill (maybe even around 30) this make impressive damages (especially when hire npc who increase all magic spells effects and rings work the same)

Mn
Scout
Scout

advice

Unread postby Mn » 27 Dec 2009, 08:21

koval321 wrote:I must ask again because am still not sure what changes was made in game. I really wish to play 4 mages, but probably i will stuck somewhere. With no knight and no cleric game become more challenging or impossible? I mean:
-monster which cant be killed by mage and he got important key (not just quest for experience but progress in main story)
-skill which cant be learn by mage and this skill open new chapter of game (like diplomacy)

If its only more difficulty then i will play. My tactic which work fine in mm6-8 was to train each mage in one element to maximum, and have above 20 skill (maybe even around 30) this make impressive damages (especially when hire npc who increase all magic spells effects and rings work the same)
Don't try play with four mages - it't be VERY difficult, almost impossible. Give balance party with two healers and two mages/archers - game will be simpliest. By words BDJ, You mast teach High Water spells and became master of Light with Light spells - I already complete this requirements plus expert Dark with 19-level party (Pal-Cle-Arc-Arc). Remember- there will be Many hand-to-hand battles, where your mages will be weak. Sorry of English

Return to “Might and Magic”