Bizarre News

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Mar 2006, 18:34

And when he gets out of the hospital does he plan to look for the culprit? "Oh yes, I'll be looking for him alright," he said with a laugh.
Well he does need him Wedding Ring back. 8|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 03 Mar 2006, 18:54

ThunderTitan wrote:
And when he gets out of the hospital does he plan to look for the culprit? "Oh yes, I'll be looking for him alright," he said with a laugh.
Well he does need him Wedding Ring back. 8|
Isn't this the plot to Peter Pan? :|
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Mar 2006, 22:24

At least the crocodile got something :D "Mmmmm salt, bloody human flesh....*crunch* ah the beautiful bonus... a ring on my fang, so shiny so bright so......golden!!! :-D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Mar 2006, 10:05

Orfinn wrote:At least the crocodile got something :D "Mmmmm salt, bloody human flesh....*crunch* ah the beautiful bonus... a ring on my fang, so shiny so bright so......golden!!! :-D
Soo...precious! :devil:
Corribus wrote:Woman Pleads Guilty in Cheese Hit Man Plot
Talking about stupidity :disagree:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Mar 2006, 11:10

Well this seems like a good place to post this:

Warnings issued by the U.S. military to their own troops:

"Aim towards the enemy."
Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher.

"When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend."
US Marine Corps.

"Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."
USAF Ammo Troop.

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
Infantry Journal.

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what is left of your unit."
Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
U.S. Air Force Manual.

"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
Infantry Journal.

"Tracers work both ways."
US Army Ordnance.

"Five-second fuses only last three seconds."
Infantry Journal.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper... once."
Anon.

"Do not draw fire; it irritates the people around you."
Your comrades.

"If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him."
USAF Ammo Troop.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Mar 2006, 23:36

No wonder the US has the best army. They actualy realize that the troops are mostly idiots, and train them acordingly.

Maker of Super Mario, Pokemon scores again with brain-training game

TOKYO - Like many retirees, Isamu Shishido sometimes forgets names and even his own telephone number. But now the 67-year-old says he's found a product that could sharpen his thinking: a new brain-training game from Nintendo Co.

The ailing maker of Super Mario and Pokemon games has scored a hit by courting Japan's burgeoning gray market with "Brain Training for Adults" — a number and puzzles game that Nintendo says can stimulate the brain.

"I don't want to end up some crazy old man," Shishido explained at a crowded Tokyo electronics store after trying the game on display. "I want to play a little everyday before going to bed."

The game, played on the company's hand-held DS console, is part of an effort by Nintendo to broaden its customer base amid falling profits.

Other recent DS software hits let players study English, raise a virtual puppy, or converse with animals in an imaginary village _ all departures from traditional games that cater to young males with a focus on sports, shootings and fist fights.

Brain Training puts players on a daily regimen of number games, word puzzles and reading exercises designed. It also lets players test their intelligence levels through IQ-type quizzes. It saves the results so progress can be tracked or compared with others.

The game has sold 3.34 million copies since its May 2005 launch. That has helped fuel the popularity of the dual-screen DS console, which has sold more than 6 million units in Japan since its December 2004 release.

That's more than Sony Corp.'s sleeker PlayStation Portable, which also went on sale in December 2004 and has sold 4.2 million units in Japan and the rest of Asia. Sony rushed out its own version of brain-training software in October but has yet to release sales figures.

Customers like Shishido, a food company retiree, will have to wait to buy a DS console, however: A new slimmed-down version was launched last week and promptly sold out, forcing eager buyers to scour Japan's electronics shops in hopes of finding one in stock. The next large shipment is not expected until later this month.

"We're not surprised. People who never even liked computer games are now getting hooked," said Ken Toyoda, a Nintendo spokesman.

To cater to older consumers, the Nintendo DS is user-friendly. There is no complicated set of controls — just a pen and touch pad — and players can turn the console sideways to make it feel more familiar, like a book.

Nintendo's strategy seems to have worked. Some hospitals have even started putting Nintendo DS units in waiting rooms and wards for patients.

"We've made 10 Nintendo DS's available and they're almost always rented out," said Atsuko Uchida, an administrator at Kyoto's Uchida Hospital, which runs a "memory loss clinic" for patients with dementia.

Doctors at the hospital even recommend elderly people purchase the console to stimulate their brains regularly at home, and watch patients playing the game as an informal method of diagnosis, Uchida said.

"The game won't cure dementia. But it's a good form of stimulation," said Dr. Takeshi Kihara, a neuropsychiatrist at the clinic.

Nintendo now hopes to bring its winning formula overseas with "Brain Age," an English language version of the brain training game.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 08 Mar 2006, 07:21

"Aim towards the enemy."
Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher.
NO! Point it at your allies...laughing :D
US Marine Corps.

Not true, just give Mr.Grenade a huge hug and you will be great friends.... :devious:
"Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."
USAF Ammo Troop.

Really? :rolleyes:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Mar 2006, 07:32

Orfinn wrote:
US Marine Corps.

Not true, just give Mr.Grenade a huge hug and you will be great friends.... :devious:
Mr.Grenade doesnt like hugs.He has a very explosive temper when hugs are involved.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Mar 2006, 01:17

Bin Laden’s niece to star in reality show
Aspiring singer Wafah Dufour seeks to bridge gap between cultures

NEW YORK - Osama bin Laden’s niece, an aspiring singer who posed for a sexy photo shoot in a men’s magazine last year, has signed up for a reality television show about her life and her as yet unfulfilled “quest for stardom.”

Wafah Dufour Bin Ladin, whose mother was married to the al Qaeda leader’s half brother, was born in California but lived in Saudi Arabia from the age of three to 10.

“I understand that when people hear my last name, they have preconceived notions, but I was born an American and I love my country,” Dufour said in a statement from ReganMedia announcing the deal to develop a reality TV series.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Mar 2006, 01:59

Must be pretty dejecting to see your own niece fall for the decadence of the hated West... :loll:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Mar 2006, 02:05

Well he does have around 300 nieces and nephews, so there are plenty left for him.

And while we're at it:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11701187/ (scroll dow a bit)
The couch jumping continues
Tom Cruise has a bit of an image problem.

In a recent poll, more people said they’d rather spend the night with Saddam Hussein than the “Top Gun” star. Stuff magazine asked its readers who they would least like to share a camping tent with, and 41 percent chose the couch-jumping star.

Deposed dictator Hussein came in close behind, with 39 percent, 15 percent said Pat O’Brien, and 5 percent chose comedian Kathy Griffin.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 13 Mar 2006, 11:50

ThunderTitan wrote:
The couch jumping continues
Tom Cruise has a bit of an image problem.
I heard that, ha ha. That's a good one.

A friend was telling me this story: A woman was walking her chihuahua (sp?) in Central Park one day. Meanwhile a falconry demonstration was going on elsewhere in the park. One of the falcons was flying around as part of the demo, saw the chihuahua, swooped down, caught it, killed it, and returned to the falconer with its prize.

george137
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby george137 » 16 Mar 2006, 14:25

There's a video on BBC talking about how video games have become a professional sport. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/default.stm Just click the "Latest in News Video and Audio" button and search video games. Here's a highlight, "I think it's very challenging, you know takes a lot of hand eye coordination."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Mar 2006, 18:06

WTF!?

Stars are bright in Dallas
Big-screen version of long-running nighttime soap strikes oil with A-list actors.
A film based on the long-running TV drama Dallas is moving toward reality, with a cast as big as the state of Texas. John Travolta, Jennifer Lopez, Shirley Maclaine, and Luke Wilson are all said to be in negotiations for roles in the upcoming TV show adaptation.

According to Variety, Travolta is in talks to play Ewing family patriarch J.R., the cunning oil baron played by Larry Hagman for all 13 seasons the series ran on TV.

Jennifer Lopez is lined up to play J.R.s long-suffering wife, Sue Ellen, and Luke Wilson is in talks to play JR's comparitively noble younger brother, Bobby. Shirley Maclaine has signed on to play Miss Ellie, J.R.'s mother and the queen of Southfork Ranch, where the Ewing clan lived.

This sound really bad. They're gonna ruin Dallas, and when I say that I mean the Dallas where Victoria Principal wakes up to find her dead husband in the shower, and we find out that the whole last season was a dream she had. 8| :|

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 16 Mar 2006, 18:22

Well this one is from a danish magazine... so no need with a link.

Sweedens dumbest thief?

A thief who had robbed a sweedish store was yesterday taken buy the police after beaing confronted with bullet proof proof of that he had stolen from the store. The man had just taken a new widescreen TV when he noticed the small cameraes hanging on the roof. The thief, apparantly good at electrics, then went over to the cameraes and pulled them loose from the roof and took them home. There he montered them on the stolen widescreen and placed them at his front door so he didn't have to walk over to the door to see woh was there. Once the police came he did however open and at first denied everything, untill the police showed him the pictures of him wrestling to get the perfectly functional cameras down from the roof :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Mar 2006, 18:50

:lolu: Haven't this people heard of masks? The Police doesn't catch them, their own stupidity does.

The best thief story I heard was about Ozzy Osbourne in his youth. He had heard about fingerprints, so he decided to wear gloves... fingerless gloves!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 05 Apr 2006, 16:29

*Bump*
Had to resurrect this thread for this one (I admit, I found it linked from MtR's blog, but I found it too amusing to pass up):

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-oven04.html

Oven doors passed off as flat-screen TVs

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A rash of oven-door thefts may be linked to a recent case in which a woman bought what she thought was a flat-screen TV, only to discover that the package held an old oven door, police said.

South Bend detective Sgt. Jim Walsh said police arrested a suspect Thursday they believe sold the door to the woman. Police said an oven door and packaging materials were found in the trunk of the man's car.

Oven doors are an increasingly hot item in burglaries targeting vacant properties. Walsh said oven doors were among the items stolen in five recent burglaries.

Police have had two reports of the doors being sold as flat-screen TVs, and it's likely that others went unreported by the embarrassed buyers, Walsh said. Officers are investigating at least two other suspects who may be disguising oven doors and selling them.

Walsh said it's risky to buy products off the street, particularly without opening the package first.

In the case of the bilked woman, she was approached by the suspect Feb. 20 at her workplace with an offer of a flat-screen TV for $500. The suspect settled for $300. But when the woman unwrapped the packaging, she found a cord, a controller -- and an oven door. AP
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Apr 2006, 17:22

OK, how do those bloody doors look like in order to be confused with damn TV's?

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 05 Apr 2006, 17:35

They don't have to, they just have to fit in the box and weigh about the same as an actual tv.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Apr 2006, 18:57

Oh... should have read the article before asking. Anyway, is it just me or do flat screen TV's that have good image quality cost an arm and a leg? And the ones that don't have good image quality still cost a couple of times more then a regular one.

Return to “Campfire”