King's Bounty Armored Princess

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Dec 2009, 18:38

As far as I read the translated hungarian walkthru and forums, this is not cheating. You're expected to do it, wherever possible. "Dancing" between enemy units, getting experience and money without conducting fight. :D

The probably worst thing which could happen to you, is when you zigzag out of the alert zone and in blink of an eye, from the bottom of display some wandering stack attacks you. Or more stacks, queued. * For such a cases of unfortunate event you have granted control over two important buttons, save and load. :P (Or bigger display which couldn't be my case.)

One more thing I noticed, the proclaimed enemy status (weaker, slightly weaker, equal, slightly stronger, strong, invincible) is just "relative". A very relative sometimes, in both directions.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 07 Dec 2009, 18:46

Pol wrote:At what point the game started to be icky? It's possible to track it to some point in the story?
For me, it crashed as soon as the opening cut scene started. After, turning the resolution to it's lowest settings, I was able to play the game. However, after about five minutes of game play, the game started crashing again at seemingly random intervals. :(

Again, it's very frustrating since the demo ran perfectly.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Dec 2009, 19:02

Hmm, I being in your place, would attempt to reinstall DirectX, (and perhaps before install some stable and known version of graphic driver for your card) and then the game. The game is demanding!

Possible culprit, prime candidate:
Damaged file somewhere, software error or bad cluster on the hdd (can be checked by utility from the hdd maker)

At least this would be my first step. There may be thousand(s) of other reasons too, all valid, one or more together, related to your pc or not. But it's always better to start from a "known" position.

;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Dec 2009, 19:31

Having the game in my hands. Ordered en version, received czech. Apart from that miniscule misunderstatement everything is dreaming fine :p

Hmm, overclocked my computer a bit. Cannot go to 4GHz though, moved from 2,7GHz to 2,88. It's slightly better, playing from the top down view > much better! :D (Rest is maxed, only 1240*1024)

So, are here any mods for the game. Editing tools and so on? Map editor, I wanna my own world..

PS Didn't noticed any crashes.

Offtopic comment: "Thanks to Cenega, there's StarForce, which isn't mentioned anywhere."
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Dec 2009, 09:22

Used yesterday steam action, to rectify the situation. Hopefully getting version without Star Force and in english.

Anybody is having tips for playing it on normal difficulty?

I found it to be hard, or better say disbalanced. Strictly depending on supporting skills - you have, you won easily over overwhelming enemy. You don't have it - you can be gobbled up even by slightly weaker.

Or trick, where else could be put units in reserve, out of Castles, would be fine too. :P
"We made it!"

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Dec 2009, 16:53

Use the dragon every round. H will lvl up and gain a lot of strength. Also make sure you get items/skills, that give you rage. With an pumped up dragon, and lot's of rage to spend, you will win against strong enemies quite easy!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Dec 2009, 03:29

Finished playing KB:AP(as Mage, Easy), the pet isn't so important. Indeed right skills, units and artifacts (or collections) are path to the victory.

Regardless, playing Paladin on normal is hell hard. Both other classes have theirs own, only Paladin is crossbreed. You need to be extra careful with him, not just careful like with others :devious:

Ancient Ents were stronger than I first thought. Mmmm, leads me to conclusion that if you prove by killing Zilgadis and K'Tahu, then you just passed your final test for Baal.

I liked most the land of Ulthrax, blue land in the skies is ravishing every time.

82 Quests only?

Edit:

Added screenies :D
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
"We made it!"

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Dec 2009, 13:16

I would love to play KB myself, but I try to avoid something regarding certain games/cd's etc...
http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/videos/cds-episode-097

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Dec 2009, 15:42

The version from the Steam should be safe.
"We made it!"

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 28 Dec 2009, 10:52

I reinstalled the Windows and now everything is alright (shhh). Again, once you get to recruiting Cyclops Dragons etc. high level troops the game becomes easier. Also, I love the "badget" thingy - helps a lot. I hope to collect the Princess set now, never seen whatever one at work - the Random thingy is sometimes really annoying. :disagree:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Dec 2009, 20:26

Badges are necessary :D Some skills to acumulate rage, leadership, intelligence etc are a must to. They must go first.

As to the end I liked the setup around:
1 stack of middle level ranged unit - Hunters
1 stack of Paladins :devious:
1 stack of Black Dragons
The rest is optional, composition of strong 5lvl units or usefl 3-4units in certain situation.

I must admit that I finished my mage odyssey just with one Set of Artifacts, something for Archers. I had lost another (rage mage set I think it was called) in conflict with my elven "henchman". After victorious duel I was so angered that I had lost my stack of emerald dragons that I said him Sayonara... unaware that he's wielding part of the suite. :mad:

Make your "Archers" uberpowerful and they will kick anyone out of the screen...
"We made it!"

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Dec 2009, 16:26

When did I wrote this? Yesterday? Whatever. Was not home, left the computor turned down, started it, started the game and in ten minutes my PC restarted!

I'm fuckin' pissed off!!! :flame:

Now I read some comments. Other guys with the same problem as mine, others got their USB and printer crashed due to the Starforce. What the heck did these guys released. :flame:

Just jumped on this one:
P.P.S. I might be worth mentioning that since I can play the game on Win7x64 with a GTX 275 using the latest beta drivers (195.81) -- perhaps the beta drivers are why it's working?
I tried beta drivers with no luck. Went to 185.85, worked perfectly and my flat panel scaling works again. So it worked out.
I am with RADEON, any idea?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Dec 2009, 18:12

Perhaps new version of ATI Drivers, ... perhaps not.
(http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx and somewhere on the internet is the link to betaversions too)

But, why the heck are you playing with StarForce? Why not to use steam to get version without it. As side note I was adviced by one one of my collegues that 25.12 the KB:AB was only for 9.99€, hmpf.

;)
"We made it!"

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Dec 2009, 19:32

I am not. It was what the other dude wrote. ;)

I hope there will be something like patch or whatever soon. This thing i s just ridiculous.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Dec 2009, 21:52

Look for settings in your video driver and try to "simplify" them. Disable unnecessary things. Mostly this is caused by some graphic card future.

Here are also Omega Drivers and DNA drivers at your disposal, they're not so actual but well tuned.

>
http://downloads.guru3d.com/DNA-ATI-Win ... -2080.html
http://downloads.guru3d.com/DNA-ATI-Win ... -2081.html

>
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

As I said myself I have nvidia9300 - integrated ION and it's working fine. Middle speed, stable playable. ;)
"We made it!"

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 30 Dec 2009, 13:51

I have downloaded this one and it works! :-D :D ... for now. ;|

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Jan 2010, 09:44

Any idea where can be obtained a cure for my shark bitten companion?
: I will reply myself, if not to be found anywhere else, go to the Elon Mage Tower, buy it and then talk with him. You will obtain +500 to leadership for free. ;)
(At least that it was in my case, according manual it's guarantied in Tekron )

Edit:
There's a linkto New Year gift (pack of new artifacts) for KB:AP :jester:

Apply before you start to play a new game only.

[q="Quoted from Nike-it"] 1C Company and Katauri Interactive have prepared a special New Years’ gift for all fans of King’s Bounty: Armored Princess – Gift Bag, a mod* that supplements the game world with lots of great items, namely

• about fifty various unique items,
• five new sets,
• three assembled artifacts of great power.

A real Voodoo Doll, a talking Crow, the Crown of the Lord of Chaos, the Legendary Ghost Armor and gambling dice of the Fate Goddess are awaiting their new masters!

Installation guide:

1. After running the .exe file with the mod select the folder with the installed game (be sure to select a correct folder otherwise the mod will not appear).

2. After the game is launched you will see a new main menu on the right side of the screen, where you can add new campaigns and modifications.

3. Click “Change”.

4. In the new window choose the “Gift Bag” modification and click accept button

5. From that moment on when you start a new game the new items from the Gift Bag will be automatically generated as all the others, and will be found in chests and shops. If you are willing to return to the original “Armored Princes” game, you need to go back to the campaign menu and select “Return to the original game.”

Please note that all changes with switching between the campaigns can be applied only while launching a new game!

We wish you all the best in the forthcoming 2010 and hope you enjoy our games even more than in previous years!

*Disclaimer: Please note that this is currently beta version of the mod. The official version will be issued after January 11, 2010. [/q]

Game Info-FAQ For these who don't like to read manuals.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Jan 2010, 18:41

Link He, he, he - so now guess how is that related to the game. :-D
"We made it!"

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 12 Jan 2010, 19:01

Both King's Bounty games are 75% off on steam until thursday. They've also reduced the price prior to that, so getting both is 11.25euro in my region.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Jan 2010, 08:35

I am curious... am I the only one to carry only one type of 5-th level units (Red Dragons in me case) and abuse with Invisibility? I am playing on Impossible... :devious:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”