TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 21 Aug 2009, 18:16

"Castle" is not bad. The mysteries are fairly good so far. I hear it has been picked up for the Fall.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 27 Oct 2009, 21:44

I just saw Jamie and Adam of Mythbuster fame in CSI, as observers during a test of flammable pepperspray 8|
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Oct 2009, 23:20

NCIS rules! :) I gotta start buying those DVDs. Too bad my list is already packed with Star Trek and other things.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Oct 2009, 15:34

Lost is still months away...the wait is so annoying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_K6tSOahf0
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Nov 2009, 23:23

Kalah wrote:NCIS rules! :)
Not it's not. :P
It is funny and interesting but they are better shows then that. Personaly I prefer Without a Trace and Cold Case. They are closer to humans daily problems then NCIS - and no propaganda about terrorist in them. :P
However NCIS characters and their relations are main reason for watching this show. And humor of course.

Oh... and screw Star Trek - it can wait. :P

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 05 Nov 2009, 01:02

Kalah wrote:NCIS rules! :) I gotta start buying those DVDs. Too bad my list is already packed with Star Trek and other things.
I watch it as well and like it. NCIS LA has potential but needs the characters to develop more. If you enjoy the humor then Bones is pretty good as well.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 05 Nov 2009, 06:06

ThunderTitan wrote:Lost is still months away...the wait is so annoying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_K6tSOahf0
I watched "V" just to see Elizabeth Mitchell... I'm living on scraps... No new footage in the trailers... I don't think I'll make it to see Season 6...
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Nov 2009, 20:14

Watching Mythbusters right now. Kari's getting pretty big. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Nov 2009, 15:15

Hi hi, just saw something funny on TV. There's a rerun of "MacGyver" - currently an episode from 1988. In it is Don S. Davis as a (kinda) bad guy. This is the same guy who plays Major General George Hammond in Stargate SG-1, which also stars Richard Dean Anderson, known to us all as MacGyver. :D

Nice link? :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Nov 2009, 19:14

Wiki says he was also a stunt double for this guy: http://danaelcar.macgyveronline.com/
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2009, 21:49

Yeah, I liked Dana... too bad he died. :(

Anyway, I just saw another link in the new show In plain sight. There, the lead is played by Mary McCormack, who also starred in 44 episodes of The West Wing (one of my fave shows). And in the current episode, guess who just popped by? Richard Schiff, one of the leads in said political series. :D

And hey! I just noticed Joshua Malina in the show too. He played McCormack's boyfriend Will Bailey. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Nov 2009, 20:29

Just found my B5: The Lost Tales DVD. Watching it now; this really is mind-bogglingly good acting. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Nov 2009, 14:38

That remind me, this one hasn't been updated in a while: http://www.b5tech.com/

Man, JMS really needs to get back to B5 now that he's left Thor... I WANT MORE!!!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Nov 2009, 16:15

Yes, more of that religious/philosophical thing. Brilliant speculation, that; the legends in the Bible about God casting the demons into Hell, maybe they had something to do with some of the First Ones "casting" some of their enemies down on Earth, bound here since humans didn't have the capability to leave their planet... :D

Brilliant acting, btw. Bruce Ramsay, I mean. Excellent. Must have some theatre background to do that kind of monologue.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Nov 2009, 19:37

Kalah wrote:Brilliant speculation, that; the legends in the Bible about God casting the demons into Hell, maybe they had something to do with some of the First Ones "casting" some of their enemies down on Earth, bound here since humans didn't have the capability to leave their planet... :D
You should read texts which are NOT in Bible - now that is source of good sci-fi story. ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Nov 2009, 20:17

Leave your DaVinci Codes out of my B5 pls...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Nov 2009, 20:29

What is DaVinci Code? Ahh you means that crappy comedy with Forest Gump? :P
And no... I didn't speak about that crap... but rather about apocryphas.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Dec 2009, 19:53

but a lot of those are in teh Bible, just not in the Old or New Testament... i assumed you where referring to all those gnostic or other heretical stuff going around that made them start having ecumenical councils...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Dec 2009, 20:13

I'm beginning to like Castle. Mostly because of Nathan Fillion, of course. Love that guy. In a very admiring, fan-like and totally heterosexual way, naturally.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 Dec 2009, 23:19

That's how it starts, at least. Next thing it's sending him pink teddybears and soppy fan letters on rose-scented paper.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Campfire”