King's Bounty Armored Princess

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

King's Bounty Armored Princess

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Nov 2009, 14:00

The english demo is now out: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10994

The game is scheduled to be released on 20th November.

Who else is psyched?

On a side note, how many HoMM fans have played King's Bounty: The Legend? I would've thought this community would've gone bonkers over this game, but strangely there was hardly any talk about it. As for me, this was the game I played the most in the last year, and it is right up there with the best of HoMM.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 12 Nov 2009, 16:15

I didn't play even the KB.
Some people praise it, some say it sucks. When it hits the bargain bin, I might give it a shot. (and if it will be good, I'll take this expansion as well, or maybe there will be some gold edition, who knows?)
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Nov 2009, 16:51

It's a shame you haven't played it yet, as I think any Heroes fan would love it. I think it's a superb & polished game, and it's right up there in my top ten games of all time. The only real flaw is the lack of multiplayer or something like HoMM single scenarios.

Listen to me, I sound like someone from the marketing department. Perhaps it's time for a career change? :D

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 12 Nov 2009, 17:55

I was a big fan of KB:TL and I'm really excited about the Armored Princess. Which is saying a lot because there aren't a lot of games out there these days that get me excited.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Nov 2009, 18:02

Especially not turn-based ones. :S

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2009, 08:07

I found the combat to be a bit meh in KB... but it was a pretty good effort.

As for bargain bins: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6073144 ... Price&fb=0 Too bad it doesn't deliver here.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Nov 2009, 12:24

Combat meh? I thought it was incredibly sharp and full of depth. I will probably get branded a blasphemer for this but I think I enjoyed it more than the HoMM combat.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 13 Nov 2009, 14:52

Thanks for the link. I didn't realise that the expansion was coming out so soon. The first one was pretty good (I enjoyed anyway) so I don't see why I wouldn't buy this one.
For some reason I didn't have the toolbar come up on the bottom. All the buttons were there, and I could see what units I had, but the rest of it was black...
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Nov 2009, 19:56

I am playing it nearly for a month now (rare case when release day here was sooner then for English version for the world :P). Very good but also more challenging that KB:L. On the other hand - achievments are very helpful in combat.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Nov 2009, 19:46

The demo isnt hard or anything. But I'm enjoying it very much :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 15 Nov 2009, 05:52

Well... it's pretty much more of the same. Not bad but... also, this kinder like dragon is somehow getting on me nerves. I prefer the old Elements instead. :ill: Looked much more serious and whatever. It's now like too much PG13 oriented... :libra: :baby: ;|

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 16 Nov 2009, 20:29

I wonder if I should play the English Demo even though I've already played a Google-translated Russian Demo? Maybe I should just wait.

Anyway, I'm ecstatic about KB:AP. I found KB:TL to be one of the best games of the last several years, with combat significantly better than any of the HoMM games (even though the AI can be worse than any of them -- it could really use a multiplayer mode), and a much funnier storyline.

Although, I am currently a third of the way through Half Life 1, halfway trough Half Life 2, and a third of the way through Baldur's Gate. I should finish those first.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 21 Nov 2009, 18:42

Does anyone know of any UK sites I could get it? I've checked Amazon and Game and neither of them even acknowledge that it exists. As I recall, there was a similar thing when the first one came out...
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 21 Nov 2009, 19:17

It's download only for the time being, the boxed version will be available later. You can download from sites like Gamersgate, Steam, and some others...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Nov 2009, 13:24

We've set up a KB page, although it's a bit sketchy as yet.

What's not so sketchy is Aurelain's new Hero Screen. :-D

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 02 Dec 2009, 20:14

Sadly, the game keeps crashing on me and restarting my computer. :( Which I find odd since the demo ran fine. I've contacted tech support, but we haven't been able to resolve the issue yet.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Dec 2009, 22:25

Hmm, I would focus on Graphics Driver DirectX issues, try a bit experimenting with a graphic driver settings or different version.

Maybe you may also check the intervals and temp peaks of your computer, if it's not overheating (as well as lower aa setings in the game or resolution.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 05 Dec 2009, 19:33

AngelEyes wrote:Sadly, the game keeps crashing on me and restarting my computer. :( Which I find odd since the demo ran fine. I've contacted tech support, but we haven't been able to resolve the issue yet.
Ha! I have the very same problem! I played like few days and everything was fine and all of a sudden after five minutes of play my computor just shuts down. I checked the overheating - no such thing, lower the details and stuff - didn't help. I played other games - no (well, it happened at one point with FIFA'10 but since then there's no problem). I have even deleted all saves (because if there is a crashed one) - problem stays. I'm really pissed about this.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Dec 2009, 22:30

parcaleste wrote:
AngelEyes wrote:Sadly, the game keeps crashing on me and restarting my computer. :( Which I find odd since the demo ran fine. I've contacted tech support, but we haven't been able to resolve the issue yet.
Ha! I have the very same problem! I played like few days and everything was fine and all of a sudden after five minutes of play my computor just shuts down. I checked the overheating - no such thing, lower the details and stuff - didn't help. I played other games - no (well, it happened at one point with FIFA'10 but since then there's no problem). I have even deleted all saves (because if there is a crashed one) - problem stays. I'm really pissed about this.
Stop it! You're scarrying me!!

At what point the game started to be icky? It's possible to track it to some point in the story? The game is certainly having more settings that it allow you to control openly.

Sadly I still don't have the game, it's just only ordered.

Edited:
PS Are around here any more walkthroughs, than this one?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 06 Dec 2009, 23:41

I was "cheating" like lure various stacks around the treasures, to get them without be in a fight before I get 3-th level Learning. I think it started on one of the first four islands (no bosses defeated!). Perhaps the "second one" but I had the navigation card for it after the "fourth" one (lazy to start the game and check for the names right now).

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”