Genie Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Vote, vote, vote

H1 Genie
11%
H2 Genie
28%
H3 Genie
10%
H3 Master Genie
19%
H4 Genie
22%
H5 Djin
3%
H5 Djinn Sultan
6%

Total votes: 134

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 27 Jul 2007, 16:23

As one of the few memories I have of H1, I voted for the H1 Genie due to its powerful attack animation.

I regret that decision, and should have voted for the H2 one. He looks tough and proud. The H3 and H4 ones look weak and effeminate (well, Master Genie just looks weak, and I suppose the H2 Genie's face is effeminate) and the H5 Djinn just looks ridiculous (feather for a head?).

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 10 Nov 2007, 21:24

voted for H3 master cuz it looks really genie'ish
i don't get the point of H4 and H5 ones
h4 looks like a poor woman who frose almost to death and covered her private with smoke from the kettle
H5 is just weird. what's up with the head and the hands? mayby they thought the head was the the cap whish the genie locked himself up in the magical lamp with? :lol: :rofl:
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 11 Nov 2007, 16:00

H3 Master Genie knows its power and doesn't feel the need to flaunt it. The H5 version, though an interesting idea, is pretty meh.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 11 Nov 2007, 18:45

Voted: H2 Genie

I just loved finding those little lamps around the adventure map & having these powerful Genies in my army. You couldn't buy them anywhere, but if you were lucky and had enough gems, you could get some of them.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

madshj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby madshj » 25 Jul 2008, 13:44

IMO.....

H1: doenst like him... there's no "genie" about him :P(though he kicked *** in h1.)

H2: would go for my vote :D i think that's the look i would expect if i found a lamp, and a genie came forth and gave me 3 wishes :P

H3: my second choice :D also love that they started giving genie's spells that they can cast on the friendly units^^

H4: nearly the same as in H3, but i dont like it :-/

H5: he may look a little cool, but i dont like them... take off the hat, give him a real head, remove the big hands, and exchange them with normal hands, + take the sword away pls :P genie's always attacked with their magic hands :P

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 26 Jul 2008, 09:23

Well you know that I'm a wicked guy and I was born with a jealous mind...
And that's why I go with that wish-granting spellcaster called Master Genie, from Heroes III. Having those army boosters in your ranks is always a nice bonus, especially if you divide them into let's say 3 to 4 stacks.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 26 Jul 2008, 09:41

H5 Djinn Sultan is the most original, coolest, best detailed and therefore gains my vote.

H2 is runner-up though.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jul 2008, 10:36

I like when enemy is having few stacks of Master Genies. This is when Hypnotise comes in ease. ;)
(Now told me, I'm less wicked.)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 26 Jul 2008, 14:28

@Pol

Yeah, there's no stopping you is there? :D
Your cunningness comes as no surprise, for after all you are a seasoned Heroes III veteran player.

Speaking of the Master Genies and Heroes III, I once made a map called "Mutare's Apprentice" which features a garrison where a sizeable ( as in early game terms) Tower army is blocking the player's path further north. I divided the Master Genies in two stacks with the idea of the smaller stack providing spells for the rest of the defending army. Let me assure you that sometimes this idea works unexpectingly well but then again, there are times when the idea simply backfires. But anyway, who am I to complain when it suites the general theme just fine. :)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 01 Sep 2009, 11:08

DaemianLucifer wrote:Voted HIV
sorry, just sounded wrong, but true... thats my 2nd choice
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

Ryv
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ryv » 15 Sep 2009, 11:22

Hi all.
My vote goes for h1 Genie- best unit in that game: easy to get, quite cheap to buy, hard to kill, great stats and, of course, best ability. In first two games of the homm series ability to have such strong creature usually from very beginning (or was it my luck? B-) ) brought...hm, just fun. However I prefer h1 version- due to major increase in stats of other units in h2, h2 genie was simply weaker. Also this fantastic sound of flying carpet while you were saying your prayers when you've played against them... (and then suffer halving of your mighty Dragons stack :mad: )
About h3 versions- both are just featureless.

BigThingWithHolesInIt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BigThingWithHolesInIt » 20 Sep 2009, 13:04

H1 - Cute
H2 - Muscular hence badass (vote)
H3 reg - Not bad
H3 upg - Nice jacket
H4 - Unremarkable
H5 both - Like many in this game, silly grotesque

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 01 Oct 2009, 23:02

When Heroes 4 came out, i thought they did a pretty bad job, it is nowhere bad as Heroes 5. Seeing that Heroes 5 "thing" called Genie makes pigeons want to cry to baby Jesus.
:vomit:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 02 Oct 2009, 06:39

H5 genies have no head. They suck.
I like the H2 Genies. They look good. In game, H1 and H2 genies do pretty much the same kind of damage. H3 genies were toned down a bit but cast good magic. H4 genies were weak, I thought.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Oct 2009, 09:36

No way, H4 genies with their Illusions and Ice Bolt can deal a lot of damage, especially when you give them enough time, while Song of Peace disables an enemy stack. With Equilibris, it makes them even more deadly with mass spells.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 12 Oct 2009, 19:16

H5 Djinn Sultan

I like the heavy eastern influence on the design. :)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”