WOG 3.59 Oficial Topic

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Corwin*
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WOG 3.59 Oficial Topic

Unread postby Corwin* » 01 Sep 2009, 20:12

Hi everyone!
I'm CoreWOG Team member and WOG 3.59 developer.
I hope there still remain people here who are interested in it:))
I opened this topic to all discussions about 3.59 release, that we develop. You can ask all your questions about 3.59 here and we will try to answer.
Also I will inform you in this topic about developing progress (screenshots, news and etc.)
I can't promise you that it will be often, but all significant enough progress will be announced.

There are 3 new towns, we planed to be added in 3.59 - Bastion (egyptian mythology), Haven (sea town) and Kremlin (slavonic mythology)

Now I present to you some video clip. This clip demonstrate testing of 10-th town - Bastion in the game. It was made in testing process, and it shows "as is" situation, with some temporary elements and graphic; things that still do not work or work incorrectly. Do not worry about that things, we just not finished yet :)

Links on this video:

High quality - avi; size 22 mb.
Low quality - flv; size 6 mb.
Youtube - on-line video with middle quality.

Thanks that read my topic at end, hope you are not tired:)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Sep 2009, 21:38

Hey,

Just want to say that it looks pretty good. I like the build up in the movie, the old towns, and then the new one. Pretty cool. Too bad it is all in Russian, I can't read anything about it!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 01 Sep 2009, 23:12

Wow, great to hear from people that work on the project.
We never lost hope for the new version :P any news on it is welcome, this video shows great progress. Can't wait to see the new three towns in action.
I hope you guys also did something about the bugs with some scripts or at least you are planning.
If the new features are optional, then put whatever you can, its up to the players to choose what they want best, I always regarded the feature to select your own features as the best in WoG.
Also thanks for all the hard work so far :)

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 02 Sep 2009, 00:54

Assuming that this actually gets released within the next decade, the new towns might be enough for me to reinstall WoG.

Do you have a release window planned?
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Corwin*
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Corwin* » 02 Sep 2009, 06:46

Hi, people!
Thanks for the support.
At the moment it is russian, indeed, but we intend to make the project's main language english. And we try to make english release no later than the russian one (ideally even earlier) as well.

Yes, we work on improvement of scripts system too, and try fix all bugs that we can.

We still adhere to the WOG principle "every feature is optional" :)

I can't give you 3.59 release date, even approximately. Perhaps there will be some thing at and 2009 - beginning 2010. Not 3.59, but some test version. Perhaps.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Sep 2009, 11:39

Looks nice, especially because I'm quite a fan of ancient Egypt-themed architecture. It's also cool that you used the Arena theme from MM6 for this :) Will it be the main theme of the town? Looking forward to it!

Corwin*
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Corwin* » 02 Sep 2009, 18:31

No, the music in clip isn't Bastion theme. I just put it in clip because I very like this one (in general - all music of MM6 is great, I very like it, as well as homm2 music :) )

I don't know if you have seen it - there is one more clip about Bastion. It was made a few years ago - Youtube link

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Sep 2009, 18:51

Oh, that's awesome :D Cool that it's 3D, and makes sense.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 03 Sep 2009, 22:27

Corwin* wrote:No, the music in clip isn't Bastion theme. I just put it in clip because I very like this one (in general - all music of MM6 is great, I very like it, as well as homm2 music :) )

I don't know if you have seen it - there is one more clip about Bastion. It was made a few years ago - Youtube link
The 3D clip is awesome.

As for the music, if that's not the Bastion theme, do you have one selected? If not, may I suggest - even if just temporary - this H2 theme, which was used only in the Gold version? I feel especially the 2nd part of the song fits perfectly with Bastion. :)

Anyway, good luck with the project. WoG 3.57 & 3.58 managed to keep H3 at the top of my game preferences, in spite of all new games in the genre (or even franchise). 3.58f still has enough to give me in order not to get bored for a few more years. But after that, well... I guess a 3.59 will be most welcome. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

m0sh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

`

Unread postby m0sh » 04 Sep 2009, 10:53

Sweet looks great!

Hope this will be released one day

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 04 Sep 2009, 14:31

Wow, imagine this + HotA = 6 (gasp) new towns!

Liking Bastion BTW, which town will it replace? is one of the unit lineups gonna use neutral? (like Nomad, or Rogue be put in the Lineups?)
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 04 Sep 2009, 19:14

Midas wrote:Wow, imagine this + HotA = 6 (gasp) new towns!
you most likely won't be able to have both mods installed together unless the two teams work together, since both teams will be moding the exe. although if i recall right HotA is building off of the current WoG 3.58f, so a compatability might not be to tough once both are done.
Midas wrote:Liking Bastion BTW, which town will it replace? is one of the unit lineups gonna use neutral? (like Nomad, or Rogue be put in the Lineups?)
none of the new tows will be replacing old towns, they are completely new towns.

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 06 Sep 2009, 08:16

Ok2...

All is going along well! Can't wait to see the full thing...
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

Cambrey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cambrey » 09 Sep 2009, 20:15

Thank you for your work.

Any new heroes amongst the new towns ?

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 28 Sep 2009, 19:43

How about ERM, are you going to add/fix some triggers/receivers etc?
Beholder

Corwin*
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Corwin* » 29 Sep 2009, 07:03

Any new heroes amongst the new towns ?
What does it mean?
Yes, we are.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Sep 2009, 08:49

OK, Anubis (lvl 7), Elephants (lvl 6), Sekhmet (spell?) (lvl 4), but what is in the "Cave of Fear"? And if you like to tell about the "extra buildings" it would be nice (like what is the "Water Wheel" produces, I mean, hope your explanation is not the obvious "water for the camels" :tongue: (naah, guess is extra 1000 gold at the start of each week)).

About @Cambrey's question, I think he meant about any specific race heroes.

Other thing - isn't it a bit too overpowered for the lvl 1 & 2 units to can paralyze the enemy troops? :S

Other ways I love the design (units, town, etc.). great stuff, can't wait to explore it all. :devil:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Sep 2009, 12:26

parcaleste wrote:Other thing - isn't it a bit too overpowered for the lvl 1 & 2 units to can paralyze the enemy troops? :S
Obsidian Gargoyles should have paralysis ability as well, as we see from Might and Magic VII. I guess adding a paralysis ability won't be overpowered as long as you keep it at a low chance (say 5%).

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 29 Sep 2009, 12:36

Meaning it will, like, never trigger for the player, but the AI will struck with it every 2 of 5 hits. No thanks.

Beholder
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Beholder » 29 Sep 2009, 16:33

Corwin* wrote:
Yes, we are.
Great, where do I post requests :)?

EDIT:
Tell you what. How about I set a trac on assebla where everyone could add their bugs/wishlists for ERM and WOG in general? This should work quite well and it`s something that didn't work well inside WOG Team previously.
Beholder

Return to “Wake of Gods”