New HoMM III Maps Released

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Sep 2009, 17:49

Today saw the release of several new maps for Heroes of Might and Magic III.

<a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... h">Masters of Sighisoara</a> is the much-anticipated 4-map campaign put together by the trio Maygwan, Yurian Stonebow and HeroOfPunk. Work started out back in February, and I've got to hand it to the guys for actually following through. More often than not, these things run out in the sand; there are probably hundreds of half-finished campaigns out there. You can comment on the campaign in <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=9845">this dedicated forum thread</a>.

Also put up on the CH server is Yurian's very large, very spectacular-looking <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... ">American Civil War (Union)</a>, a map I can only guess is precursor to the upcoming American Civil War (North) which is currently out for <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... testing</a>.

If you're more into Heroes V, there's a recent release for you too: <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... arch">Fate of Ashan</a> by Dark Raider. It's a Large-sized puppy for Tribes of the East.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1253123359
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Sep 2009, 20:52

There seems to be a little misunderstanding concerning the Civil War project. Please let me make a clarification here. The American Civil War map will be released in two parts. Part I: "American Civil War (Union)" and Part II: "American Civil War (CSA)". The version currently in maptesting, "American Civil War North 0.96" is not the second part but the demo version of the first part ("Union") which has already been published. It would by nice if the mods could erase the demo map from the maptesting section. "Thank you for your co-operation." ;)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 18 Sep 2009, 03:29

It's a huge project. Both of these works. Congratulations to the mapmakers. I look forward to playing both of these works real soon. Good luck gentlemen!!

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby astral76minor » 18 Sep 2009, 16:30

Good work on the old H3. Any H5 ToE campaigns made yet? More importantly, any H5 scripted multiplayer maps made as well? I would love to see such works of genius.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 19 Sep 2009, 06:44

finally its out woohoo! hope everyone enjoys it. many thanx to yurian,hop,koni,and bytebandit.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 19 Sep 2009, 08:48

Indeed a great campaign, this Masters of Sighisoara, and a great work of all the mapmakers. I've enjoyed testing the 4 maps very much. And the story line is just *awesome*. I'm busy already with translating all the texts for a German version. Map 2 will be done soon. :)

And Yurian's American Civil War (Union) map I recommend highly to play for all, who like a challenging game along with a gratis lesson in History, what (maybe) they once have missed to learn in their school time. :)
Edited on Sat, Sep 19 2009, 04:59 by Koni

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Artas1984 » 01 Oct 2009, 16:26

Well, the 4 maps look nice indeed.. I ain't into campaigns, but from the looks and details, it's an eye candy for sure..

And American Civil War is indeed a very solid looking map, made with great detail - that indeed proves Yurian gained much experience since he started making his first maps, which were not that good in my eyes.

But now, since LOTR, he makes them really crafty. And that is something for me to acknowledge, because i am not easy to be impressed. For example "Angelic Pride" is just a mediocre map in my eyes - might have a good gamepaly value, but it's lack of detail and realism does not get it anywhere. It's overrated to say the least..
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Return to “News”