Kingdoms of Erthia (LOE - Tactics Update)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 27 Jun 2009, 06:49

I think Heroes of M&M should look like your game, everything like M&M just top-view tactical version. Somehow i dont like HoMM. Does this game have random dungeons like most roguelike? Anyway my most favourite roguelike was Overlord Zero from System Shock 2 (these small games on Gamepig) I think it resemble Ultima1 (and even was better from it)

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 30 Jun 2009, 07:33

Another day has been put into the game. However, today was a long agonizing day. I met the biggest challenge of the all... Scripting the merchant skill. It took me nearly 8 hours to script this in. For some strange reason it would not work properly. However, it is now working properly. It adds a lot more excitement to the game. Now you cannot just find precious treasure and instantly get a ton of gold, and you you have to work hard if you want to purchase powerful items.

In addition I have added a few more monsters to the game. (Stone Golem, Beholder, Stone Harpy, Harpy, Daemon, and the Hydra).

Also, I am steadily working on two versions too this game. I have converted everything to a full out party based action rpg (very similar to ultima 7.) It keeps the same story, maps, and everything. Only it is action rpg rather then tactical. Here is a screenshot:

Image[/img]

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 03 Sep 2009, 01:11

Another update,

I have at least a few hours worth of gameplay completed. I have removed some of the classes because they weren't really useful. Instead, I will be having a promotion based class system like might and magic. Here is the list.

Soldier > Knight > Champion
Paladin > Crusader > Hero
Cleric > Priest > High Priest
Sorceror > Wizard > Archmage
Archer > Ranger > Battlemage
Druid > Greater Druid > Grand Druid
Angel > Archangel > Goddess (Unique Character in Game)

I have recreated the overworld tactical map. It is larger and has more room for more battles. Thousands of new possible armor and weapons can be found or purchased. I will post more updates a bit later.

In the coming few days I will be creating a new section on my website dedicated to my game, and I will place a blog for those who want to get the latest information on the game quicker.

The map is to big to display, so you will have to click on the link:

http://www.save-tara.com/images/loe/Map ... Erthia.jpg
Last edited by legendoferthia on 03 Sep 2009, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Sep 2009, 10:36

Archmage is more than a Wizard.
Also, is the name related to Erathia?

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 03 Sep 2009, 11:08

I can fix the archmage title, and Erthia is original. I actually came up with the name before I played MM7 or HOMM III.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 03 Sep 2009, 13:34

Promotion class system brings it more close to MnM games
for sure. Good to see more updates by the way, was awhile
since the last one and I was lil' worried. Good to see you
continue this project, can't wait for more news ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 03 Sep 2009, 14:08

Thanks. I have more time on my hands these days, so things should be a little quicker. From the last update I have fixed a lot of bugs as well. Incorrect damage, status screen showing false weapon damage, spells weren't working quite right. However, I got a majority of the bugs out of the system. The database of weapons, spells, items have all been completed. In addition, I have completed all of the shops. Previosuly shops use to only sell fixed items. However, all three shops: weapons, armor, and spell shops sell random goods. It will bring more variety to the game as well as a closer feel to Might and Magic. Right now I am currently working on the dialogue and storyline. (Which always seems to be the hardest part for me.) Other then that, I have about 8 missions completed which should be a few hours worth of gameplay. I also have plans for an arena to help level up characters and earn gold.

If anyone has any suggestions on what they would like to see implemented into the game, please let me know.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Sep 2009, 14:10

I just glanced at the screen shots, but it looks fun!

Heck, I still play Final Fantasy 1.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 03 Sep 2009, 14:14

In my opinion, I honestly prefer playing older games than the newer ones. I find newer games are just missing that classical feel to them.
Variol wrote:I just glanced at the screen shots, but it looks fun!

Heck, I still play Final Fantasy 1.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 03 Sep 2009, 23:19

savetara wrote: I find newer games are just missing that classical feel to them.
I totally agree with that. Today most games are just to
show new high-tech graphicks, I miss so much the atmosphere
older games had. And I still cannot understant why they totally
abandoned 2d grapchicks/artwork at games!
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Sep 2009, 11:04

Lord13 wrote:And I still cannot understant why they totally
Basically because to create a good quality animated 2D sprite, you STILL need to create a 3D model! So since today computers handle 3D models with ease, instead of taking screenshots and combining them to sprites they use the same 3D models.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 04 Sep 2009, 13:04

Lord13 wrote:
savetara wrote: I find newer games are just missing that classical feel to them.
I totally agree with that. Today most games are just to
show new high-tech graphicks, I miss so much the atmosphere
older games had. And I still cannot understant why they totally
Yup,
I think HoMM5 is a classic example of this. All fluff, no game and a resource hog to boot.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 Sep 2009, 11:31

Thanks for the time you're spending and keep going with this! Someday I'd like to create a campaign or two set in Axeoth for this game.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 05 Sep 2009, 18:28

What do you guys think of a skirmish mode where you can have a quick random battle?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Sep 2009, 21:48

..might be good as a trainer type thing?

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 07 Sep 2009, 11:05

Just a small update to the website:

I have created a small list of the bestiary that can be encountered in the game. You can check it out here:
http://www.save-tara.com/loe/bestiary.html

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 07 Sep 2009, 16:02

Interesting looking game. I look forward giving it a go :)

Thank you for your hard work and good luck with the rest! :D

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 07 Sep 2009, 17:45

Looks great! Are you using GameMaker or RPGMaker to make this? Is the engine from scratch? Either way, looks like a lot of fun.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 08 Sep 2009, 13:35

The engine is Rpg Maker VX, but you would never be able to tell. It has been modified beyond its original structure. The only thing you can't do with it is make 3d games. If that were possible, I would have made a realtime Might and Magic game. Hince the reason why I went to tactical rpg. However, it should be fun for most who like Might and Magic and HOMM. In my opinion, I think the game is an advanced version of Heroes of Might and Magic. The best way I can put it is that my game is an integration between Might and Magic, HOMM, and Final Fantasy Tactics. What makes it like Might and Magic is the parameters, skills, character building, the random treasure system, and the rpg storyline which I have planned. What makes it like Heroes of Might and Magic is it's tactical based combat. What makes it like FFT is the overworld map and how you enter battle. For the most part, I am still going to say this is more like Might and Magic than any of the others :)... I have Might and Magic VI in my mind whenever I am working on this project. What's even better about using Rpg Maker VX is it's ease of use.

Once I actually get the game done. It would be very possible for anyone to make their own campaigns for a game. You can even add more special items, skills, parameters, monsters, anything. You are only limited by your imagination. For the most part, I have pretty much all the Might and Magic mechanics implemented into the game. So for those who are not the best at scripting, it will be a little easier to modify parts of the script.

Right now I am just working on the storyline and implementing it into the game. This is my weakness!!! I got a good story, but I am just having a hard time putting the thoughts into play.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Sep 2009, 20:14

There are some talented people here that may be willing to help you.

Return to “Might and Magic”