Music you like...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

The music you like is...

Urban (rap, rnb, hip-hop)
3%
Pop (including emo)
5%
Classical
11%
Jazz
No votes
Jazz
No votes
Rock/Alternative
26%
Metal/Punk (including nu-metal)
15%
Folk/Country
2%
Dance music (techno, rave, trance and such)
8%
Video game music
14%
Other
16%

Total votes: 111

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Apr 2009, 09:30

Voted Rock/Alternative although I much dig and listen often to pop music as well.

*playing background: Status Quo's splendid version of In the Army Now* (this is rather ironic coming from a guy who did civilian service instead of joining the army)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 06 Apr 2009, 16:20

Since there's no soundtracks option, I voted Video Game Music, even though it is inaccurate (it is only a small subset).

epic (mp3)
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 07 Apr 2009, 13:41

voted classical. i think it's most the accurate choice for The Beatles

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 17 Apr 2009, 22:13

Blind Guardian, Tierra Santa, System of a Down, In Flames, Children of Bodom,....metal in general :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Apr 2009, 22:15

I just put a lot of stuff onto my new cell phone. Now I can listen to music wherever I go, like an idiot. B-)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 30 May 2009, 06:29

Lately I've really had a hankering for old Neil Young Music. Like the Albums Harvest and Tonights the Night. Especially the song Alabama from Harvest.
.....Banjos playing through the broken glass......Windows out in Alabama.....
Harvest is worth a listen. Five star stuff.
The song prompted Lynyrd Skynyrd to write Sweet Home Alabama, which Neil Young was invited to play with L.S. But Neil could'nt make the recording because of prior concert commitments.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 May 2009, 17:13

Johnny Cash...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 May 2009, 17:14

... or I may simply be a single drop of rain
... but I will remain...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 May 2009, 17:23

Kalah wrote:... or I may simply be a single drop of rain
... but I will remain...
u stalking me or something? (just so i know to walk around naked more...)
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 May 2009, 05:07

Yeah..Johnny Cash is quite alright. Got a few things by him. Listen to him quite a bit. The Folsom Prison live album is just killer!
In reference to the Highwaymen, I liked Waylon Jennings part the best..."I was a dam builder...on the wild Colorado...."

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 May 2009, 14:20

I was a dam builder across the river deep and wide/where steel and water did collide
a place called Boulder on the mighty Colorado/I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below
they buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound/but I am still around...

Great bit that. :)

Personally I like the last verse the best:

I'll fly a starship across the universe divide/and when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can/perhaps I may become a highwayman again
or I may simply be a single drop of rain/but I will remain...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2009, 09:01

If you want to show ppl Cash do it right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNV9JX-Xi8

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 21 Aug 2009, 14:56

Currently listening to Pearl Jam's "Alive". GOD, that's a wonderful track! B-)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 Sep 2009, 23:35

I live close to where Pearl Jam is from. Went into a local bar to get something to eat for lunch, and there they were, practicing for a local show. They never announced they were rehearsing there. I've dropped in on Pearl Jam doing this a few times now.
Met the original drummer of Nirvana at a friends party. He said all Curt Cobain ever wanted to do was play local bars in Washington State for 200 dollars a night for the rest of his life. Curt never wanted the status he was given. they all just liked playing in local bars. That's where he was the happiest. The original drummer was dropped by the record company(Not Sub Pop but the one after}, and not by Curt or the band. Many people may not know that. Thought I would share it from a guy who played with him. And the drummer added that Curt liked being around regular people more than big music stars. Locally, he and Nirvana were more popular where I live than before they went International. Check out the album "Bleach." This was the Nirvana we were used to around here for a long, long time. Awesome stuff.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 04 Sep 2009, 09:34

Well, people seem to forget the fact that even rock stars are regular people too, with regular interests and favourite bars. Obviously, a lot of the time an unknown band with lots of talent is just going along with all the stuff that happens on the road to stardom, and one day they wake up thinking that this wasn't actually something they wanted more than a regular life.
And of course sometimes, they really love being megastars...

Also I'd like to add that I am frequently reminded that I shouldn't trust anything the tabloids say. And it's really nice to have that reminder :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Sep 2009, 12:22

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Well, people seem to forget the fact that even rock stars are regular people ...
Pfft... regular people can't afford so much drugs...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 04 Sep 2009, 20:00

The record company supplied drugs to Cobain. He was more than happy to take them because the record company controlled his musical creativity and who would be in the band. Again, listen to the album "Bleach." This was the kind of music he wanted to play. It's a far cry from the album "Nevermind" and beyond. The record company wanted him to play more polished, mainstream type of music. Which is what he despised. :)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 04 Sep 2009, 21:14

Yeah, he must've been pretty disillusioned by that, and the words "grunge" and "mainstream" just don't go together.
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Sep 2009, 10:37

Except Nirvana grunge sucked...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 09 Sep 2009, 05:11

Depends. Nirvana Grunge was good when the crowds were small. ;) And their backup band at the time was an upstart band called Soundgarden. Not bad for a ten dollar charge walking into a bar for a beer or two. :D
Wait another week and you would see a new band called Alice in Chains with a backup band called Mudhoney. Yeah, Grunge in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. really sucked alright. Oh it was simply terrible. :D

Return to “Campfire”