Heroes of Might and Magic VI confirmed!!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
theguynextdoor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes of Might and Magic VI confirmed!!!

Unread postby theguynextdoor » 09 Aug 2009, 08:37

http://www.planetds.de/artikel/mightand ... eite2.html

In this interview under future development the producers of Might & Magic confirm the development of Heroes of Might and Magic VI!!!

No systems mentioned yet.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 09 Aug 2009, 08:55

You mean this?
PlanetDS.de: Can you tell us more about your future plans, what can we expect?

Erwan le Breton: I dream of a Might & Magic movie trilogy, worthy of Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings. :)

But as far as Might & Magic videogames are concerned, alas, my lips are sealed!
However, the acute observers can get a glimpse of the future if they watch closely the Clash of Heroes producer diary videos, especially the moment when the eminently likeable duet of producers introduce the next Spring-Summer Might & Magic fashion collection

I’ve said enough! My life is at stake!

Romain de Waubert: Several times, I have proposed a “Battlefield of Might & Magic” concept to Ubisoft… to no avail. Seriously, like Erwan, I am sworn to secrecy. However, I will give you an additional hint. I’m such a fan of Might & Magic that I wear its future like a second skin, very close to my heart

I’ll let your readers solve our puzzle. :)
... and the T-shirt with Heroes VI printed on it?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Aug 2009, 09:13

Ajajaja, I hope it will be taking years, like StarCraft 2. And as so come out well tuned!

Don't take any rush guys, slow, slow slow. All the time on the Earth is yours to deliver a perfect game. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

EvilNed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EvilNed » 09 Aug 2009, 13:00

I knew someone would say that...

I the world of gaming, fans are never pleased. Either the game is rushed, or it's taking too long. :p

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 09 Aug 2009, 14:35

Great news! =D

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 09 Aug 2009, 15:52

Indeed, this is good news!

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 Aug 2009, 15:57

I hate to play Devil's advocate and state the obvious in the space of one post, but that's not a confirmation, it's a "wink wink nudge nudge hint hint".

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 10 Aug 2009, 20:29

I hope the story is more interesting this time........Oh, and: ''Battlefield of Might & Magic'' :S
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 10 Aug 2009, 22:12

pirvix wrote:I hope the story is more interesting this time........Oh, and: ''Battlefield of Might & Magic'' :S
For some reason when I see that title I think of a first person flag capturing game... only classes are Might and Magic creatures.

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 10 Aug 2009, 22:18

Shyranis wrote:
pirvix wrote:I hope the story is more interesting this time........Oh, and: ''Battlefield of Might & Magic'' :S
For some reason when I see that title I think of a first person flag capturing game... only classes are Might and Magic creatures.
And that it would be if it were ever released.........

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 10 Aug 2009, 23:09

Shyranis wrote:
You mean kind of like Dark Messiah? I could see that.

Anyways, Heroes V sold quite well, so a sequel makes financial sense.

Hopefully Heroes VI will actually: 1. Ship with a map editor 2. Not have a bunch of game-breaking bugs that will be fixed 6 months later by patching 3. Actually try to be balanced 4. Not have a terrible and cliche story that is full of nauseatingly bad voice acting and 5. Maybe do something different?
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 11 Aug 2009, 01:51

Deadguy118 wrote:Hopefully Heroes VI will actually: 1. Ship with a map editor 2. Not have a bunch of game-breaking bugs that will be fixed 6 months later by patching 3. Actually try to be balanced 4. Not have a terrible and cliche story that is full of nauseatingly bad voice acting and 5. Maybe do something different?
Maybe they could actively try to hire much of the old creative team?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Aug 2009, 07:44

Corlagon wrote:I hate to play Devil's advocate and state the obvious in the space of one post, but that's not a confirmation, it's a "wink wink nudge nudge hint hint".
We're not wikipedia... we don't need to be butt hurt about obvious conclusions being original research...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Aug 2009, 09:47

Deadguy118 wrote:
Shyranis wrote:
You mean kind of like Dark Messiah? I could see that.

Anyways, Heroes V sold quite well, so a sequel makes financial sense.

Hopefully Heroes VI will actually: 1. Ship with a map editor 2. Not have a bunch of game-breaking bugs that will be fixed 6 months later by patching 3. Actually try to be balanced 4. Not have a terrible and cliche story that is full of nauseatingly bad voice acting and 5. Maybe do something different?
6. Will have a decent AI...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Aug 2009, 11:04

parcaleste wrote: 6. Will have a decent AI...
When that's gonna happen i'll be personally glueing wings on pigs...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 11 Aug 2009, 11:33

:lolu:

And actually Battlefield: Might & Magic would come really close to this if it were ever made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhuCYNAfU64
(video was not made by me, so credit goes to the original maker....)

And, by the way, LOTR: Conquest is a pretty well made game ;|

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 21 Sep 2009, 12:30

Leave those titles for Ancients VS Kreegrans war :P

I wonder how will "Unicorn Empire" looks like? will Knight faction swaps creatures with Elf faction? i.e. Knights got unicorn (and may ride it :P ) and elves got griffons

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 24 Sep 2009, 07:30

I doubt that they will be hiring people from the old NWC team. JvC is working on an MMO and the production of the game must have already started more than a year ago, I'm guessing.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”