TV shows (Spoilers!)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 30 Mar 2006, 16:57

Yeah, the poker game seemed a little contrived.

But it seems to me that Henry Gale (or whatever his real name is) knew how to raise the doors and free Locke (no way that they raised on their own). Thus he's obviously familiar with the hatch.

And the more I think about it, the more I wonder if he's just a spy put there by the others. His "trapping" by the French woman just seems to convenient.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Mar 2006, 17:33

How could Sayid, Charlie and Ana Lucia miss the huge red balloon hanging over their heads in the forest? It was about time they noticed it...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Mar 2006, 01:25

So Henry Gale isn't a made up name. But why the heck did they leave an ID on a corpse?

And the drawing on the wall looked like some sort of map to all the bunkers on the island. Actualy it seemes to be just one big bunker, with the middle closed off. I wonder what's in the middle of it...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Mar 2006, 05:55

In the middle they will find a dragons nest, awakening a mighty white one that are going to burn all the poor people to ash, or just wants a tea party...sry I just had to :D

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 31 Mar 2006, 07:14

I'm not so sure that Henry raised the doors. Before I come to that conclusion I'd like to know what made them come down. I did not notice any possible cause other than perhaps Locke's choice of music. Music seems to play an important role in the show so maybe that's it. More likely it has to do with the food drop, either to lock the subjects in while it was happening or to keep the facility safe while they were out collecting it.

Now, if Henry is an 'other', just what is his plan? Get caught in Danielle's trap expecting that she will take him to the losties who will naturally lock him in the armory? More likely he'd end up in one of Anna Lucia's holes. Clearly he is trying to get into Locke's head, but I don't see how that could be part of the original plan. And why did he include his wife in his story, if it was part of a cover. He could have just given a false name and said that he was travelling with his partner, Henry Gale. Perhaps he himself has been set up.

What I don't get about the poker game is the mangos. I mean, do the losties each have a big pile of mangos back at the tent? When Jack went 'all in', it was like 3-4 of them. What kind of poker stakes is that? And as any poker player will tell you, Jack's move was a loser. I think Sawyer lost on purpose, partly to give back the meds without losing face and partly to set Jack up for the 'big con' that you just know is coming.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2006, 21:25

Hey, guys, some info on the upcoming plot: http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3938
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Apr 2006, 18:15

Am I the only one who is getting sick of these episodes that don't move the plot forward, except for a little 5 minute thing at the end that only ends in a cliff-hanger so that you will watch the next week? I don't feel like the last few episodes have moved us forward much at all. Kind of disappointing...
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 15 Apr 2006, 18:31

Hmm... TV series have the property of getting like that eventually... Hope it doesn't happen to this one though, 'cause it's interesting, from what I've heard and read here.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2006, 18:50

I got used to TV shows like that years ago. I'm just hoping that they do have a story behind the show, coz if they try to make it up as they go chances are it's not gonna be very good.

OMG, she was in the asylum with him.. 8| 8| 8|

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 21 Apr 2006, 19:50

Corribus wrote:Am I the only one who is getting sick of these episodes that don't move the plot forward, except for a little 5 minute thing at the end that only ends in a cliff-hanger so that you will watch the next week? I don't feel like the last few episodes have moved us forward much at all. Kind of disappointing...
I hear that after this last break, things will really start to happen and that there will be all sorts of big events in the last weeks of the season. The season finale is supposedly centered on Desmond.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 21 Apr 2006, 22:04

Well let's hope so! Things have been stagnating of late. How many more episodes? Six? Five?

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 24 Apr 2006, 11:36

Four. The last four episodes of the season Lost will air in May.

**oooh - I didn't know we HAD this topic. When I get some time, I'll have to read all of it.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 May 2006, 02:04

Hmmm... can't say I expected that.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 May 2006, 02:21

We'll run out of characters soon at that rate!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 May 2006, 02:34

Angelspit wrote:We'll run out of characters soon at that rate!
Indeed - although it appears from the next-week previews that <spoiler> survives. At least we had an episode where something HAPPENED.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 May 2006, 13:35

I thought <spoiler> was dead too until I saw the teaser, which I usually try to avoid. It will sure make an interesting finale, and it will be a good opportunity to play a little more with the tension between Jack and Locke.

But man, I miss the lovely <spoiler> already... :(

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 May 2006, 14:17

I don't get why <spoiler> had to get shot though - s/he was just an innocent bystander! <spoiler> is sure gonna be upset when s/he finds out!

All this <spoiler> stuff is probably unnecessary but... oh well. :)

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 04 May 2006, 14:56

<whosit> didn't even get a backstory, so my money says she's still alive and will be the focus next week. Seems to me <whatsit> did what he did because <whoever> is being threatened. I figure <whatsername> got written out because of her well publicized legal issues.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 04 May 2006, 15:02

Caradoc wrote: I figure <whatsername> got written out because of her well publicized legal issues.
<whatsername> has well-publicized legal issues? I didn't know that... if that's the case, though, then this makes sense. Even so, those last five minutes sure was a jawdropping moment.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 May 2006, 17:55

Here is an explanation (along with a pretty picture of miss Rodriguez). It should also be noted that Cynthia Watros got a role in a sitcom due next Fall. I hope they will manage to provide some clarification about Hurley and Libby being in the same institute even if the actress is gone.

Return to “Campfire”