Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2009, 10:08

Anyone play SF4 yet?!

Shoryuken biatches....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Jul 2009, 10:42

I tried it, like it a lot so far, but have yet to figure out some of the controls in order to do some combos.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jul 2009, 11:04

That's what Training/Challenge modes and the command list in the menu are for!

Charge moves are a pain though... i'm thinking of getting a pad with a stick to see if they're easier that way.

And Seth spams teleport and that move he got from Zangief too much... made bating him with Fuerte a pain in the ass even after i had learned his moves, unlike the other characters (Vega owned him hard once i figured out how good he was in the air).

Oh well, on to Very Easy now. :D
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 19 Jul 2009, 02:16

I loove charge moves. I nearly always play charge characters.
Also, I play on GGPO, a program that allows you to play emulated arcade games online with people around the world.
Personally I play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo the most, but there's a whole lot of Capcom and SNK games there. Try it out.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 30 Jul 2009, 23:06

I'm glad Street Fighter IV came out for the PC, because the last fighting game I played before SF4 was Mortal Kombat 4, which came out back in 1996. Image
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 31 Jul 2009, 06:03

Street Fighter 4 is awesome. Oh, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 is out on Xbox Live Arcade this week and Playstation Network next week.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jul 2009, 06:26

TheUndeadKing wrote:<<Mortal Kombat 4, which came out back in 1996.<<[/img]
And also, it sucked.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 31 Jul 2009, 09:06

ThunderTitan wrote:
TheUndeadKing wrote:<<Mortal Kombat 4, which came out back in 1996.<<[/img]
And also, it sucked.
I think every MK sucks (which ppl can't understand I think)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 31 Jul 2009, 14:31

Mortal Kombat Trilogy was pretty good, actually. It had plenty of good characters to choose from, and it was fun to play. It was a good alternative to Street Fighter II, and even superior in some ways, IMO.

Mortal Kombat 4, on the other hand, had great potential but failed miserably. The only thing I liked in MK4 was, some fatalities were very cool and looked good in 3D. They were so cool that the developers decided to put them in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (which is a terrible joke I don't want to believe it happened) as comic book villain fatalities (The Joker's card throwing fatality is an exact duplicate copy of MK4 Reiko's shuriken throwing fatality. Hell, it even ends the same way - the last card/shuriken to the head!). :disagree:
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 31 Jul 2009, 22:23

I actually hate MK. Every one of them they suck major @$$! In some ways, it's just an unfair game. I know that the uppercut can be countered, but in some ways it's just stupid, when you accidentily press down and uppercut in a countery way, your movenent is twice as fast as normal, and you uppercut them.
Dumbest and MOST unfair is that the CPU is doing that 90% of the match, and it's WAY beyond fair.
Als what grinds my nuts: They controlls. I am used to SF KoF, Darkstalkers, that kind of stuff, so it my not count, but the moves. @$$ they are sucky, like Luis bicicle kick, walk back for x ammount of seconds, move fowards and press kick. It's just retarted, who thinks this is a GREAT way of playing a fighting game? I dont! The fatalities are bullshit too. Mostly it takes you AGES to practice them, and even then, you need to master them INDIVIDUALY andbetter make NO smallest second of a mistake, or it screws up the whole thing, and you have to do another awkward fight before and extra try. Those are the most problems for me and MK. (now SHOOT me :P)...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 31 Jul 2009, 23:28

Nah, not going to shoot you. Whatever floats your boat.

MK's controls are not that bad, mind you. It's just that some of the moves and combos require a lot of (long) buffering (like the bicycle kick you mentioned). You get used to it after a while. Think of it as playing with M. Bison in SF2 all the time. If you can't buffer his moves properly, you'll simply suck with him.

As for fatalities, well, most of them are easy to do (excluding the ones where you have to move "Up" :disagree: ) and time-wise they are very forgiving when you get the hang of it. Just don't panic and focus on pressing the correct buttons in the correct order. Pressing the wrong button screws up everything and usually you don't get another chance after that.

But all that being said, I have no problem with you or any other person hating MK. Like I said before, whatever floats your boat. ;)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 01 Aug 2009, 00:35

I don't get why they couldn't make some general moves and fatalities for every character instead of everyone having weird and complicated individual order of pressing stuff and such :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Aug 2009, 00:51

Asheera wrote:I don't get why they couldn't make some general moves and fatalities for every character instead of everyone having weird and complicated individual order of pressing stuff and such :P
My point excactly. I know you lie MK tUk, but can you see it from my perspactive,the unlogic factor of the game?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 01 Aug 2009, 12:23

I love MK, even #4 was entertaining, but my favourite has to be Mortal Kombat Trilogy, where you had access to the bosses. Playing with Motaro was loads of fun. Otherwise, I think Noob Saibot was my favourite character.

It's true the AI was a huge cheater on higher difficulties, but the main appeal of the game for me was playing against human players, anyway.

As for Liu Kang's bicycle kick, IIRC you only had to hold down low kick for 3 seconds. Or maybe you weren't referring to the PC version?
Last edited by Metathron on 01 Aug 2009, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Aug 2009, 12:35

No, I played the version on the Megadrive...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 01 Aug 2009, 14:49

To Asheera and darknessfood: Come on, now guys, you clearly want MK to be a duplicate copy of SF. I know, all those fatalities and their button requirements may sound weird and frustratingly hard (esp. for newbies), but once you get the hang of it, they're not, trust me.

(Now here's how you should picture it) Think of each character as a unique email address and fatalities as their passwords. After typing (note: typing, not "mashing") those passwords numerous times, you start to perform them rapidly and more accurately. Through countless repetition, you learn them by heart, and later it becomes automatic.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Aug 2009, 15:51

Opening e-mails is easy. It makes sense because the password isn't unnessesary long, or unconfortable...

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 01 Aug 2009, 15:59

But for security reasons, they're supposed to be long and complex. :tongue:

Anyway, I guess MK isn't your cup of tea. :)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 01 Aug 2009, 17:26

TheUndeadKing wrote:Come on, now guys, you clearly want MK to be a duplicate copy of SF. I know, all those fatalities and their button requirements may sound weird and frustratingly hard (esp. for newbies), but once you get the hang of it, they're not, trust me.
I know I was a MK Trilogy fan and played a lot :P

I did get the hang of it and was doing all of them without problems, I was just wondering why it has to be like this :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 01 Aug 2009, 17:43

I see there are blasphemous questions being raised about MK here, for shame.

The combinations are different and complicated to give the player a sense of achievement when mastering them. If they were all the same, there would be far less variety.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”