Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Aug 2009, 01:47

Heineken? Slootwater bedoel je! Welnee, asterix15 heeft het bij het rechte eind: juliper is where it's at.

@ donkerheidseten: heb ik nog iets gemist op jullie forums? Ben er al even niet geweest. Ik hoop maar dat die ene gozer de boel nog niet afgebroken heeft. Het kostte mij echt veel te veel tijd om steeds met hem in discussie te gaan xD
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Status??

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 14 Sep 2009, 18:13

It's been a while since I have been able to visit this site and I am just curious as to the status of the MM10 project. I assume that the storyline has been finalized. How are the graphics and coding progressing? Any projected date for your internal Alpha and/or Beta tests?

Inquiring minds want to know.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Bank idea

Unread postby cortisan » 15 Sep 2009, 07:36

Hey guys, I dunno if you are still interested in any ideas for MMX but one thing I thought was missing from the other games was an interest system with banking. I found the bank more of an inconvenience than an aid as there was no real benefit (unless you were going to die) of storing cash in the bank. Really looking forward to seeing the end result :)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: Bank idea

Unread postby Macros the Black » 15 Sep 2009, 15:05

cortisan wrote:Hey guys, I dunno if you are still interested in any ideas for MMX but one thing I thought was missing from the other games was an interest system with banking. I found the bank more of an inconvenience than an aid as there was no real benefit (unless you were going to die) of storing cash in the bank. Really looking forward to seeing the end result :)
I agree with you. But I have to add, there was an interest system in MM4 and 5. I think they took it out because it was way too good. I remember putting in like 5000 gold (which is pretty much nothing in that game) and it grew faster than I could make money myself 8|
So uh, if there's going to be an interest system, let's not overdo it. Just make it a theoretical bonus, so I feel like I'm doing something when I put my gold in the bank, but it doesn't have to actually help me out.. at least not by alot.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Bank idea

Unread postby cortisan » 16 Sep 2009, 06:17

Macros the Black wrote:
cortisan wrote:Hey guys, I dunno if you are still interested in any ideas for MMX but one thing I thought was missing from the other games was an interest system with banking. I found the bank more of an inconvenience than an aid as there was no real benefit (unless you were going to die) of storing cash in the bank. Really looking forward to seeing the end result :)
I agree with you. But I have to add, there was an interest system in MM4 and 5. I think they took it out because it was way too good. I remember putting in like 5000 gold (which is pretty much nothing in that game) and it grew faster than I could make money myself 8|
So uh, if there's going to be an interest system, let's not overdo it. Just make it a theoretical bonus, so I feel like I'm doing something when I put my gold in the bank, but it doesn't have to actually help me out.. at least not by alot.
My bad I have not played MM4 or 5 because I can't seem to get them working on my computer...However I can see what you're saying and I agree that it should only be a small amount such as monthly compound of 5% or so because that is reasonable or maybe an interesting (excuse the pun) method would be to base the interest according to your fame?

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Update

Unread postby Vector » 16 Sep 2009, 16:53

I guess an update here is in order:

Our story line is completed, and I think Corlagon did one hell of a job creating it. It took him quite a bit of time, but it has so much depth, and his Might and Magic knowledge will make this sequel flow perfectly with MM6, 7, and 8. He is currently organizing it in a main quest layout as well as creating the appropriate dialogue for each character that you will meet during the game.

Darknessfood provided us with all the promotion quests and side quests. They are complete as well, but still need to be proof read by Corlagon to make sure they flow with the storyline correctly. He still makes a few side quests now and then, but had some personal issues to deal with. For now we will likely pick from the side quests he provided to include in MMX.

Pirvix has been on idle for the time being as we do have a snag in our new website development, though to the fault of my own, I am more so concerned with creating/developing the actual game than creating a website.

As for me, the graphics portion, there is still continued work to be done on the icons LOD file, but it is coming along wonderfully. I have also been working with the Bitmaps LOD file, but am having issues with the color palettes; this will likely take more trial and error before I can get it to work out to perfection (as I am a major perfectionist!).

On another note, we did decide on another one of the game’s playable races: the Lizardman, they will be designed much like the ones you saw on the Dagger Wound Islands in MM8. With all the websites we have been bouncing back and forth from, this may have already been mentioned here. We have come up with a new Character Creation idea in which the player will be able to decide from 7 races, however there are stipulations due to the exe file layout which I won’t get into, but the races break down as such:

Elf: 2 female
Genie: 2 female
Human: 4 male, 4 female
Minotaur: 2 male
Lizardman: 2 male
Vampire: 2 female
Orc: 2 male

Another idea Corlagon and I were thinking were complete armour sets. a picture of Heroes 5 wallpaper got me thinking how nice it would be if I could actually use the weapons/armor that this guy has equipped:

For fun I decided to whip up some of this stuff:

Items like the helm and gloves were probably the easiest to render. There was a lot of material to work with in the wallpaper regarding those items:

The sword was a bit tricky as it lost some of its' detail upon rotating and re-sizing it; Getting its' detail back was tricky. Also, I cleaned up the blade and removed the blood from it for the finished product:

The cloak was extremely hard to incorporate as much of it is covered by his body. Also, a cloak icon was needed and this had to be a complete one-off creation since the wallpaper obviously does not have one. As far as equipping the cloak, the neck area had to be redone due to how wide the original concept was:

I've also completed some Heroes 5 items for use in MMX; In previous M&M games, many items were reused in future games (Relic bow Ania Selving from MM7 was used as a regular crossbow in MM8; Longseeker and Judicious Measure from MM8 were used as artifacts for MM9; etc). I felt it would be nice to keep up with tradition:

The above pics are just something done during a couple weekends, and is not to say these items will be used in game. I must say though, MMX just can't have enough items! In any event, Corlagon and I do have some ideas we've been tossing around.

As for the banking idea, it would be great to have interest on the money you put in there, maybe a certain percentage after a day or week in there. However, the question of ‘can it be done’ is the big problem. A lot of these ideas are grandeur, but the platform does have its’ limitations. We will be looking into some of these ideas that are presented to us, and hope to at least incorporate a few. I do believe the bank function is a part of the exe file though.

To answer Big Daddy Jim’s question, the coding done so far has been minimal, mostly only to incorporate a couple new ideas, however much of what we have done was accomplished using a pre-existing setup already provided by the game that was otherwise unused or not thought of. We will likely not have an alpha or beta release for the public, but rather test among the team members and work out all the quirks. We want to try and release a ‘bug free’ game that’s complete (here’s hoping). We likely will not do any major coding until all else is competed or near completion.

Things are slowly coming together and we look forward to the impending day when all of this information can be coded together to form a unique game.
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 16 Sep 2009, 22:01

Awesome, sounds great. Sorry I kept forgetting about the dialogue stuff- university has been getting in the way among other things. If you still need some, I'd be happy to help.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 17 Sep 2009, 05:52

Nice update, thanks for keeping us informed and keep
it up ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

macetat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wow

Unread postby macetat » 17 Sep 2009, 19:49

Wow, I´m really impressed, you do such a great job!!! I´m so looking forward to that game, you just can´t imagine! :-D
Thanx to everybody in your team and to you!
macetat
Thanx to all out there keeping Might and Magic alive!

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 18 Sep 2009, 18:36

No Undead chars? So there won't be a Lich promotion?

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 18 Sep 2009, 19:19

Konfuzius wrote:No Undead chars? So there won't be a Lich promotion?
isn't vampire an undead?
---
i think the cape in inventory could fit 2x2 area, not 2x3. anyway, great work so far and good luck guys :)
by the way: is it just me, or does the cape really looks like tablecloth, or maybye a pile of books? ;|

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 18 Sep 2009, 19:40

Wow, what a huge topic. Anyway, I guess there's no harm in asking, even if it was answered earlier...
How will the adventuring interface look like? TBH I really like MM6/MM7 style more than MM8, with a sidebar instead of a small bar at the top, and two rows of easily understandable icons. Since it's based on MM7, I guess we'll have something like it?

Also, talking about the sci-fi part... I'd really like to see an old classic from MM2 reintroduced: Photon Blade. Kinda like a lightsaber I guess, and very fast. And talking about other old classics, I think that Prismatic Light should be changed back from an Inferno clone to a smaller version of Dark Containment: a random effect on each casting, but only one, and can effect multiple targets.

Oh, and when are you planning to give players access to Light/Dark? I guess it should be after the first promotion, not as early in the game as in MM8 yet not that late as in MM7.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 19 Sep 2009, 04:48

Sword should take two squares wide from inventory space, my first impresion about cloak in inventory was that it look like book. Anyway good idea to take stuff from heroes, and thanx that someone make efforts to continue M&M serie.

uh BTW i dont like many innovations which appear in mm8 and am wonder if you want to add even more

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Sep 2009, 12:24

Konfuzius wrote:No Undead chars? So there won't be a Lich promotion?
Welcome to the undead. Hehehe…
That is a phrase from the Lich quest, so rest assured, for there will be liches to be played as.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Sep 2009, 15:47

It really looks great!!

I would like to suggest that, if it is possible, can all the "junk" be left out of the shops. I'm referring to things like, basic clubs, mundane copper and gold rings, antiques etc. That way, all the stuff for sale. will actually be items which are usable.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Sep 2009, 16:26

I agree about antiques, but not for others... Gems and rings can be kept for luxury. Watch the MM6/MM7 playthrough by RPGenie and you'll see an example ;)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Sep 2009, 23:34

I don't think anyone will buy a copper, or gold ring, which can not be enchanted. They're only good for selling and making some money on them.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 20 Sep 2009, 20:37

That looks amazing! :D

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 22 Sep 2009, 07:30

Variol wrote:I don't think anyone will buy a copper, or gold ring, which can not be enchanted. They're only good for selling and making some money on them.
Yes, anyway i found often that shops are totally useless for buying, probably one things i buy was magic books. Other stuff you may found, and you need to find if you wish to have something better. Shops should contain very good items, even if thier price would be high.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Sep 2009, 09:24

I'm working on a scripting extension for MM6-8, which would make scripting easier and widen possibilities. Banking would be easy to do. Version for MM6 is almost ready and then I'll make MM8 and MM7 versions.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”