Heroes V Music for Download

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Mar 2006, 17:30

Ubisoft was kind enough to share four tracks from the upcoming Heroes V with us today. The four MP3 files (Main Theme, Academy Theme, Haven Theme and Sylvan Theme) can be found on the <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... ">official forum</a>. You are probably already aware of the fact that this music was created by Paul Romero and Rob King, who worked on the previous Heroes games.

Tell us in the comment section which track is your favorite.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1143739803
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 30 Mar 2006, 18:00

Sylvan Theme is by far the best theme in Heroes 5, literally said: Refreshing! Many times while I was playing Heroes 5 beta in hot seat mode, me or one of my friends have always chosen Sylvan race just because of the superb music. All I can say: Paul Romero and Rob King did a great job again! Music is one of the features that always remained at best quality in Heroes series and is one of the main reasons why I play this game ;)
"...a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. "
- Raoul Duke

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 30 Mar 2006, 18:50

If nothing else, then at least the music will most likely make me buy the game :)

Main theme is mine favorite of those... it's almost completely remade too :creative:

No. On a second thought it's for the first time the castle music :D I deny to call it that horrible new name :mad:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Mar 2006, 19:11

Image Currently listenning.... ;|

I was in search for that music before they released it, I don't know why i'm doing such things, but now it's OK :D

Academy ... :disagree:
Haven ....... :)
Main ......... :proud:
Sylvan ...... ;)

Scale was:
:( -- :disagree: -- :| -- :) -- :-D -- :proud: -- ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 30 Mar 2006, 19:16

Academy is the best, but Sylvan is awfuly close. The Academy has the cool remix quality that makes it seem ever so epic.
Hell has frozen over...

breaker581
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby breaker581 » 30 Mar 2006, 19:20

Great job by Rob King and Paul Romero! I especially loved the Haven theme--absoulutely beautiful! The Haven and Academy both had a real Heroes 2 (my fav score btw) feel to them.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 30 Mar 2006, 20:36

I think the Academy theme is the best, then the Sylvan. I don't particularly like the main theme or the Haven theme.

Aspiriins
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aspiriins » 30 Mar 2006, 20:55

camooon...these are the NEW themes? hahahaha...i had listened to those in december. Only the Main Theme is changed.

Be more curious about all the files in ftp.ubi.com ;)

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 30 Mar 2006, 21:00

I agree the ones below who wrote Academy having the best melody:) At least it was the most cathing song, but how am I suppose to get some sleep now that it´s stuck inside my head (with repeat-mode on)? ;) King should make a warning note-intro before his songs: "Might cause insomnia". ;)
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 30 Mar 2006, 21:55

Oooh, Haven is superbly excellent. I do love when a bit of Opera-singing is involved in the Heroes music. Academy is also good, it has that feeling of being all about wizards locked in their libraries! Sylvan has the right feel to it but I don't like it as much as the others. The main theme is very pleasant, feels so so very right.

As others have said HoMM has always been at the pinnacle of game-music. The classical style is very appropriate for the game but the wonders that Romero and King create go beyond just excellent. More games should have this level of musical accompanyment.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Cleanpea » 30 Mar 2006, 22:02

Actually, Rob King is...you know, Might and magic 6, 7, heroes 2, heroes 3 and 4, I wish he gives out a Might and magic collectors album, containing ALL tracks of ALL the games, it is excellent music. Good feeling. Can it be found? The music? Somewhere?

Furay
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Furay » 31 Mar 2006, 05:00

Haven't listened to the music yet (d/l now), but I'm glad to hear everyone likes the different factions (not just all liking one, and not another). Shows that there is a lot of variance in the themes etc. Should make for a very enjoyable playing experience.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Mar 2006, 05:46

Free music from UBI? Darn im sitting on a comp with no speakers! Better wait until I get home to listen to the music =)

Ripeli83
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ripeli83 » 31 Mar 2006, 09:03

The main theme was the best of those, cause I thought that the Sylvan theme sounded a bit wierd to me and it seemed to be going on-and-on with same rythm.

The Haven brings back memories from Heroes II with the opera singing, which is a good thing. The academy was good at teh start, but nearing the end it got a bit "dark" and that seemed to be too "evil" for one-of-the-good-guys...

Can't wait for the dungeon-inferno-necropolis themes :P

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Music for Download (updated)

Unread postby Pitsu » 31 Mar 2006, 11:28

Added link to Rob interview. A piece of Homm music history and background information.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 31 Mar 2006, 12:52

Just gorgeous :), has a bit of the older Heroes parts in it...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 31 Mar 2006, 13:04

Did someone notice that they changed the vocals in the Haven theme? Before there were English lyrics, now they're Latin I think.

And I wonder what happened to the old main theme, which had the same melody as the Academy theme, but played in a more medieval way (@ all who didn't play the beta).

Btw, I love the music. HOMM had and still has one of the best game scores ever.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 31 Mar 2006, 13:58

Oh... my.. God...!!! :what:

THIS IS SUPERB! :oex:
EVERY SINGLE NOTE! :oex:
Bravo! Bravo! :hail:

But why is the Sylvan theme so short?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Mar 2006, 15:16

I just listened to the tracks and I must say Im stunned!!! These music scores really got me hooked, they gave such a wonderful fantasy feeling, well the sylvan theme could have been a bit less repetive and it should have been longer, like 3+ min. Anyway Paul and Rob really does a great work with the music. Hope the evil faction themes will be just as good!! =D

Edited on Fri, Mar 31 2006, 08:22 by Orfinn

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 31 Mar 2006, 15:40

Lordy Lord, these tracks rock my face off. :hail:
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Return to “News”