The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 12 Jul 2009, 18:02

..looks like Krukow's Armour can be sold at the Armour shop. It looks like a quest item, so maybe this should be changed?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 14 Jul 2009, 18:31

Could someone point me in the right direction to the Temple of Tranquility? I can find nothing "West" of Avalon.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 14 Jul 2009, 18:54

Variol wrote:Could someone point me in the right direction to the Temple of Tranquility? I can find nothing "West" of Avalon.

SPOIL:
It's not in the region of Avalon itself, but more precisely East of Demonclaw (in the small village, there is a castle against the mountain, the main entrance is the Temple).

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 14 Jul 2009, 19:55

Yeah, I know it's in the area, but I can't find the place. I'll fly around there again...

..oh yeah, I keep forgetting it's right in the town.

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Quedagh

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 14 Jul 2009, 22:23

I'm having trouble completing the skull quest in Quedagh. Any hints? Every time I go into the large room a bunch of trolls appear.
dhalgren17

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Quedagh

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jul 2009, 13:28

dhalgren17 wrote:I'm having trouble completing the skull quest in Quedagh. Any hints? Every time I go into the large room a bunch of trolls appear.
dhalgren17
The solution depends upon two things;

(1) The mode you are playing (Adventurer, Warrior, MMF)

(2) The path you chose to travel. You should find the path of least resistance.

It also might be helpful to ensure that the final files have been installed.

Good luck.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 15 Jul 2009, 22:41

Thanks for the assist with Quedagh. I finally got it. Could someone drop me a hint concerning the five people I'm supposed to judge? I believe I have been in every weapon shop, inn, and training center on the map and I still have two to go.
Thanks,
dhalgren17

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jul 2009, 23:36

dhalgren17 wrote:Thanks for the assist with Quedagh. I finally got it. Could someone drop me a hint concerning the five people I'm supposed to judge? I believe I have been in every weapon shop, inn, and training center on the map and I still have two to go.
Thanks,
dhalgren17
Don't forget the temples and the banks.

BDJ

SPOILER: (in white)

The answer to your question has just been posted on TELPS at

http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/mm6tavern.html

"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

BlackHawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackHawk » 18 Jul 2009, 20:07

Finally I took a week of a work and now I will have the time to play The Chaos Conspiracy.

Thank you guys for creating this whole new game :handshake:. As a huge fan of M&M6 for more than 10 years I'm really excited to see something different in my favorite game. I want to thank you again and to express my sincere gratitude for your hard work :applause:

And now to ask a few questions :) Do I have to promote my Archer/Mage/Druid in order to learn Aqua/Terra/Ignis magics to Master level? Or only 12 points are required? Every time I play mm6 I'm aiming to master the water magic, in order to use Town Portal/Lloyds Beacon more efficiently and to save some time.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Jul 2009, 20:11

BlackHawk wrote:Finally I took a week of a work and now I will have the time to play The Chaos Conspiracy.

Thank you guys for creating this whole new game :handshake:. As a huge fan of M&M6 for more than 10 years I'm really excited to see something different in my favorite game. I want to thank you again and to express my sincere gratitude for your hard work :applause:

And now to ask a few questions :) Do I have to promote my Archer/Mage/Druid in order to learn Aqua/Terra/Ignis magics to Master level? Or only 12 points are required? Every time I play mm6 I'm aiming to master the water magic, in order to use Town Portal/Lloyds Beacon more efficiently and to save some time.
You will need to achieve adept level before you can master Aeros which will prevent entry to the Adept Guild. Some but not all require promotion, and you will be to help some of the lords before you can travel to the Mystic Isle to reach the master level teachers. You can get expert Town Portal fairly early, and other that points training to master level does not require promotion but you will need to get to the Isles.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Diskord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Diskord » 21 Jul 2009, 22:56

First; thanks a lot for making this mod - it's been really great so far!
(Completed the +1m exp quest at lvl 44 at warrior difficulty, and had a great time)

I have however became quite stuck in the Fortress of Anarchy.
The code from the trees - I simply cannot figure it out.
The part that especially puzzles me is the "Seven from the end. Chaos really is your friend".

In the original mm6, this used to be "eight from the end. Archibald really is your friend". The logic used there was the eight letter from the end of the word Archibald - which was "r". Applying the same here doesn't get me anywhere, as there's more than seven letters in "chaos". I've also tried counting the word over again, thus landing on the letter "o" - which doesn't work.

Any hints? :)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 22 Jul 2009, 16:35

Diskord wrote:First; thanks a lot for making this mod - it's been really great so far!
(Completed the +1m exp quest at lvl 44 at warrior difficulty, and had a great time)

I have however became quite stuck in the Fortress of Anarchy.
The code from the trees - I simply cannot figure it out.
The part that especially puzzles me is the "Seven from the end. Chaos really is your friend".

In the original mm6, this used to be "eight from the end. Archibald really is your friend". The logic used there was the eight letter from the end of the word Archibald - which was "r". Applying the same here doesn't get me anywhere, as there's more than seven letters in "chaos". I've also tried counting the word over again, thus landing on the letter "o" - which doesn't work.

Any hints? :)
HINT (in white):

All hints refer to the letters in the Alphabet.
Start at the end of the Alphabet and count backwards.

BDJ

Diskord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Diskord » 22 Jul 2009, 17:30

I still can't get it to work - I'm going to post my thought process in white, so people won't have this spoilered.

The first is half the fourth minus four - I am thinking half of 4 = 2, and then subtracting 4, which comes out to x.

The second is first of 26 - This should be a.

The third is neighbour to the fifth - Should be either d or f.

The fourth is seven from the end - Works out to be t when using the alphabet as base instead of the word chaos.

The fifth is the fourth minus one, which should be c.

I've tried entering this in all caps, all lower case, and I've tried the combination using either d or f as the third letter.

Still - it doesn't work. Am I just getting old, and cannot see something obvious here? :)

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 22 Jul 2009, 20:39

Diskord: Actually, BDJ did a mistake in his hint. Correction in white:

Only the second and the fourth messages refer directly to the alphabet. The others are actually refering to the secret word itself.
If you did it right, you should get a pretty funny verb =)

BlackHawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackHawk » 23 Jul 2009, 13:52

jeff, thanks for the info

Little sharing about my progress - around lvl70, I've done every promotion quest and probably 1/3 of the main story. Still haven't cleared out Serenity? (Paradise Valley) and Dragon Sands, so many relics, artifacts and exp is ahead :)

The mod is great - such little things as no male peasants in Blackshire really contributes to the story and makes the atmosphere more realistic. Although in some moments I think the game is way too hard compared to the original MM6 (the female sorcerers and necromancers in Castle Darkmoor really kicked my ass - especially the combination of Dispel Magic + Mana Drain + Mass Curse...) I have no idea how it will be possible to kill the masses of Colossies in Kriegspire.. since Meteor Shower, Starbust and Dragon Breath doesn't affect them.

Some minor bug reports:
The Master of Meditation is said to be in Ellesia, but he's in Mystic Isles

The option traveling to Avalon from the Windrunner ship in Port Sleigon is really hard to press. Maybe it's even inactive.

One question:
I can't figure out how to open this secret door in Lunatic Vault. Are there any quest items (urns or Danu's scrolls) or it's only gold and loot items?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 23 Jul 2009, 15:42

I don't think it's one of the 5 buttons in there. I was not going to bother going in there, since I have a solo mage. I assume you did the obvious;click on the wall?

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 23 Jul 2009, 17:45

I am not sure ,Blackhawk, because in mod you don't needto go behind that door,but I think there's a key somewhere in the place which opens it.

macetat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby macetat » 23 Jul 2009, 18:58

Hi BDJ!
I´m already enjoying your game, it´s really great! Can you tell me if it´s hard to translate your Mod into another language? There are many MM-fans in Spain who´s english is not so good - like mine! ;)
If you know a simple posibility (I´m not into programming), that would be cool and - only with your and your teams permision, I see it of course as a matter of copyright - I would try do it bit by bit.
All right, once again congratulations to your fantastic job!
Greetings from
macetat
Thanx to all out there keeping Might and Magic alive!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 23 Jul 2009, 19:50

macetat wrote:Hi BDJ!
I´m already enjoying your game, it´s really great! Can you tell me if it´s hard to translate your Mod into another language? There are many MM-fans in Spain who´s english is not so good - like mine! ;)
If you know a simple posibility (I´m not into programming), that would be cool and - only with your and your teams permision, I see it of course as a matter of copyright - I would try do it bit by bit.
All right, once again congratulations to your fantastic job!
Greetings from
macetat
Yes, the game text could be converted to Spanish. The mechanics are quite simple, assuming you can effectively use the MM8LevelEditor utility. Simply extract all of the text-related files from ICONS.LOD (npctext.txt, Quests.txt, npctopic.txt, et al), edit the extracted text in WordPad, and then re-import them. I have no problem with you making this language conversion, but you might want to check with the rest of the Team, first (Maestro, Jeff, and HodgePodge). You might want to 'PM' them.

Good luck!

BDJ

BlackHawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackHawk » 24 Jul 2009, 13:48

Can anyone spoil me with the location of Urn#1 from Lemkanen quest?

Return to “Might and Magic”